Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    In Maldraxxus you come across mention of battles against the Light invading their region. And I vaguely recall hearing similar of the Void.
    Also in revdndreth you find areas seared by the light and invaded with light elementals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    Blizzard has described them as such. Canr find the quote
    They are the origin of the powers of undeath and necromancy. So yeah I guess you could call them primal scourge. But in reality they are just the original undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I can completely imagine the Burning Legion invading the Shadowlands to get souls - they had lots of Soul Engines and Fel consumes that shit like M&Ms.

They could easily explain the Helm of Domination's plot by saying that the 'Jaeden and the Dreadlord Gang invaded the land of the dead to plunder, were pushed back by the Necrolords but ended up with a funny blade and a pointy hat.
    Beasts with immortal souls are able to enter and exit the shadowlands without too much trouble. This includes the ethereal and demon.

The ethereal like being there call the brokers have even gotten good enough to forcefully summon beasts into the shadowlands. Including elemental lords. Demons. Nightmare dragons. Naaru, animals, constructs, and even explosions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since the shadowlands seems to be kind of a fake afterlife I think them requiring a military force is not that much out there. I still wonder why incorporeal beings would shape themselves to look like undead corporeal beings though. That seems entirely nonsensical.
    1. It is the actual afterlife, not take afterlife idk what your talking about
    2. They are shaped by that by the zone itself. The longer you spend there and the more you embrace. The more you change. If you go there but do not embrace it you will not change.

Why in some charecters we see more change then others. For example Uther is mostly changed. Vashjr is changed about 50%. Alex and draka about 10% and kalethas about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sorry, but where are you getting any of that from? We have signs that the Shadowlands are not in their original state, but none that they aren't the true afterlife.
    There's also no reason to assume that any of these beings are incorporeal within the Shadowlands.
    The Shadowlands are more like a second mortal life rather than the true afterlife because you can still die there, and that second death will be permanent. Much like in the real world, you'll just cease to exist.
    As for your second point, look at Draka or Alexandros or Vashj. They all came to Maldraxxus as spirits yet took on a half-rotten physical form for some reason. This is indeed nonsensical from the story PoV and is one of the reasons why I can't take Maldraxxus seriously.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-07-09 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The Shadowlands are more like a second mortal life rather than the true afterlife because you can still die there, and that second death will be permanent. Much like in the real world, you'll just cease to exist.
    As for your second point, look at Draka or Alexandros or Vashj. They all came to Maldraxxus as spirits yet took on a half-rotten physical form for some reason. This is indeed nonsensical from the story PoV and is one of the reasons why I can't take Maldraxxus seriously.
    Its alpha. Give it a chance

Its alpha. Give it a chance
    I'm still going to play Shadowlands and will probably enjoy Maldraxxus to an extent, but it will always bug me that conceptually the zone is flawed.

I'm still going to play Shadowlands and will probably enjoy Maldraxxus to an extent, but it will always bug me that conceptually the zone is flawed.
    Spirit of the warrior = maldraxxus
    Maldraxxus = scourge look

True inner look of a warrior = scourge

Seems fitting I guess. All those worshipping the battlefield without a selfless cause like bastion are probably rotten twisted souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Spirit of the warrior = maldraxxus
    Maldraxxus = scourge look

True inner look of a warrior = scourge

Seems fitting I guess. All those worshipping the battlefield without a selfless cause like bastion are probably rotten twisted souls.
    War is hell.

Apologies if this has been asked yet, but- why the heck do the Necrolords exist?? What external threat requires the level of badassery that is Primal Scourge???
    Good can’t exist without evil

So like every other immortal being that gets killed on their own plane?

Don't see how that would be nonsensical, either. The supposedly incorporeal souls can't do a whole lot, they have to incarnate to actually be productive members of the society.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only imagine this happening to any cosmic force that happily wonder into Maldraxxus

Sorry, but where are you getting any of that from? We have signs that the Shadowlands are not in their original state, but none that they aren't the true afterlife.
    There's also no reason to assume that any of these beings are incorporeal within the Shadowlands.
    Speculation on my part. The shadowlands with all these high-level systems feel entirely artificial and serves a clearly purpose like aggregating anima in certain places. It's like something someone has clearly made, not something that just happened to exist naturally. It certainly doesn't feel altruistic.

As for the corporeal part, you die, shed your mortal coil, some valkyr drags your clearly incorporeal soul to the shadowlands once they can be arsed and suddenly you have a body again? Peopel clearly don't start out as the native inhabitants, they slowly morph into them from what the bastion questing showed (we conveniently don't see this for the most part because of the draught). This either reeks of plothole or bullshit.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-09 at 05:00 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Speculation on my part. The shadowlands with all these high-level systems feel entirely artificial and serves a clearly purpose like aggregating anima in certain places. It's like something someone has clearly made, not something that just happened to exist naturally. It certainly doesn't feel altruistic.

As for the corporeal part, you die, shed your mortal coil, some valkyr drags your clearly incorporeal soul to the shadowlands once they can be arsed and suddenly you have a body again? Peopel clearly don't start out as the native inhabitants, they slowly morph into them from what the bastion questing showed (we conveniently don't see this for the most part because of the draught). This either reeks of plothole or bullshit.
    The shadowlands where created, we already know this. Its a construction.

Who says afterlife has to be a natural thing though?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says the Necrolords exist to fight an external threat? Why can't they have come into being simply because of all the souls that thirst for endless conflict?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Who says the Necrolords exist to fight an external threat? Why can't they have come into being simply because of all the souls that thirst for endless conflict?
    Then you'd have humanoid sized demons of rage, not kaiju sized monstrosities

So like every other immortal being that gets killed on their own plane?

Don't see how that would be nonsensical, either. The supposedly incorporeal souls can't do a whole lot, they have to incarnate to actually be productive members of the society.
    Kinda, yes. Why bring this up though? Neither the Shadowlands nor any other home plane for beings tied to it is the true afterlife.

Well, if the Shadowlands themselves were incorporeal (as they used to be in the old lore) then there would be no need for souls to assume a physical form. However, considering that the Shadowlands are now seen as a yet another physical realm, I can accept the fact that it is now needed. The nonsensical part is them taking on a half-rotten form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I can only imagine this happening to any cosmic force that happily wonder into Maldraxxus
    I haven't cried laughing like this in years