Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Patch Hotfixes - July 9, 2020

WoW Patch Hotfixes - July 9, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Warlock
      • Demonology
        • The mana cost of Shadow Bolt has been reduced by 25%.
        • The mana cost of Demonbolt has been reduced by 25%.
          • Developers’ note: Demonology Warlocks are running out of mana in prolonged fights when using high levels of Haste so we’re reducing the mana costs of their most frequent rotational spells.

Items and Rewards

• Corrupted Items
      • [With regional restarts] Players with a Corruption level of 200 or higher will now receive an additional negative effect, Inescapable Consequences, which deals 25% of your maximum health in damage every second while you are in combat.
        • Developers’ note: While Corruption's damage taken and healing received debuffs are substantial at high Corruption amounts, players possessed of particular ingenuity have constructed strategies allowing them to deal nearly infinite damage during brief windows when they themselves are immune to damage. It's important to us that players feel like they can play around with how much Corruption they can afford to wear, but we're setting a hard limit at 200 Corruption – going beyond that, N'Zoth’s dark power will defeat you.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-07-10 at 02:57 AM.

Well guess I cant go get glad by doing infinite stars rank 3 on all my gear anymore lol.

Thanks Rextroy

It’s hilarious to see how they keep trying to fix the plague that is the corruption gearing system.
    Makes me happy seeing how they are slowly battling the obvious problems with releasing the corruption vendor.

Buuurn!!!

Want anything fixed in bfa just get rextroy to do it.

25% of your HP while in combat only guys, just never get in combat. GG

Lower it to 100 and maybe I’ll stop laughing at how fkn stupid that system is...

Or maybe it also shouldn't be possible to be immune for like 30 seconds straight. Designers of this game are fucking clueless..

doesn't even matter in case of rextroy, he avoids is just the same for enough time to get a proc with his paladin immunities and cloak.

once again pvp reaks havoc with pve something should have been done sooner but still, iirc if you have been playing every week since patch release you would need a total of 300 corruption to hit that point maybe slightly more

we have to wait and see whether this damage pierces immunities.
    I assume it does, other way it's a pretty pointless change
    even getting a simple eye is 1 hit kill at 600+ corruption.

why do the damage spells still have any mana cost though, seems entirely pointless

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    why do the damage spells still have any mana cost though, seems entirely pointless
    Kinda, but they have other spells like drain life which cost alot more, so they just make the dps ones cost very little to somewhat keep mana relevant.

#bestsystemever
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

... isnt point of mana so you can go oom since vanilla? Casters are balanced around mana unlike energy based classes, they deal more damage but can go oom.

My only caster is mage and I prefer arcane, it goes oom even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    ... isnt point of mana so you can go oom since vanilla? Casters are balanced around mana unlike energy based classes, they deal more damage but can go oom.

That hasn’t been a design philosophy for well over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post

No. For DPS classes/specs, mana has been nothing but a dispel/healing limiter for years and years. Arcane mage is the exception. For every other mana-using DPS, it was impossible to run out of mana by doing only damaging spells. Until now.

Oh look, it's fun police.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Yeah, making it more fun for the overall player base now not getting one shot by silly things, while those few whos been using clever use of mechanics gets less fun.

But, just shows how silly this system is. No thought behind it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Oh look, it's the same tired old meme.

It's a justified change and it was dealt with early enough that we won't have tears from lots of prot pally alts that grinded 135,000 echoes for nothing.
    Win win.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-07-10 at 02:17 PM.