Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    You guys do know this was always planned and is just promos like anybody other company does but nope for some odd reason blizzard can't do that can't be like other companys no fair!Not to mention you can buy it solo without a sub keep reaching here people!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    how many of those people would actually keep 6 months subbed in a row? I made this mistake back when they offered that d3 stuff and i regretted it midway because I wasn't playing anymore. I probably played 2 months out of the whole deal.

It's so obvious why they do this, I'm astounded how there's people like you that can't or choose not to see it
    We can see it, we just don't care about idiots with no forethought. That and MANY people stay subscribed long term so if it's a loss for People that don't play the whole 6 months, it's still a bonus for People that will. Meaning it doesn't matter if you don't understand why other People get it, because they don't care what you think if they get a good deal themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There’s also the fact that none of the cash shop items are necessary. They are cosmetic, and considering everything is personal preference based, people can’t even say the coolest/best things cosmetically are from the in game shop.
    Exactly. Most the time these People think that something costing money instantly makes it cooler or better. Literally none of the store mounts are even top 5 best mounts in game to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    If you would have a consecutive subscription running then that would cost you €77,94 for half a year. Buying 6 separate months will cost you the same.
    By getting this 6 month bundle you'd only pay €65,94.

So in essence, after doing some careful math - twice, just to be sure, having a regular sub or buying monthly timecards will be more of a money sink than getting a bundle.
    The above is called the fallacy of the false dilemma. This is because he omits a 3rd option: Unsubbing for 6 months. This brings the cost down from $60-$70 to just $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    The above is called the fallacy of the false dilemma. This is because he omits a 3rd option: Unsubbing for 6 months. This brings the cost down from $60-$70 to just $25.
    The odds that someone would buy the mount without being subscribed are so low that it could be said to be statistically irrelevant, rendering the third option invalid.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    In theory fully correct, however, how many ppl are going to buy a mount while not being able to use said mount because they can't play the game.

I don't think a significant portion of the potential playerbase of WoW would do such a thing to make it a real option.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    how many of those people would actually keep 6 months subbed in a row? I made this mistake back when they offered that d3 stuff and i regretted it midway because I wasn't playing anymore. I probably played 2 months out of the whole deal.

It's so obvious why they do this, I'm astounded how there's people like you that can't or choose not to see it
    A lot of ppl i know and play with are subbed for years on end, i reckon that the majority of the ppl i play with, in both Retail and Classic are subbed longer than 6 month in a row. A lot of ppl i know sub for 6 months for save some euro's (myself included), i dont even care if i get a mount or not, since i probably will never actually use the mount.

but yeah, ofc its obvious why companies have offers like this, to bind customers. Thats why promotions excist basicly. But it stays very simple, like the offer? Then take advantage of it, don't like the offer, by all means, pass on it.
    Last edited by chronia; 2020-07-10 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Let the tears flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiznart View Post
    In game purchases help supplement the number of required subs to stay profitable. I'd rather have a couple store mounts I get for free because I sub then for the game to go in maintenance mode sooner.
    I can't believe that the only way Blizzard has to keep WoW profitable is exacting a monthly fee and having a hefty in-game real money shop. For most games, even with a much smaller playerbase, you have one or the other. If WoW cannot sustain itself in this way, they are doing something wrong and should review their priorities.

I already know they won't, because people buy shop items and it's profitable. I am just strongly against it.