Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Penn Jillette probably, he was pretty cool.

The norwegian author Stian Hole or Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark.

kevin conroy the voice of batman the animated series, at a con, was kinda cool hearing batman talking to me

Chuck Norris.

Way back in elementary school our PE class had a 6 week karate course. Chuck and a Japanese dude who was supposedly big in the karate tournament scene(but I don't remember his name and never verified it so I dunno) were the instructors for the first few classes.

I met, talked to briefly, and took a pic with Alex Ovechkin(superstar hockey player for those that don't know) during his rookie year before there were huge crowds at the practice facility, and mobs chasing players to their cars. He was super down to earth and a real genuine guy, so I'm not surprised at all whenever you hear of charitable stuff he's done back in Russia and here in the US.

Met and had a conversation or something with, or like meet and greet handshake style stuff? Most famous people I've met have been the latter, as with most people I assume.

George W Bush at a rally my dad took me to as a teen living in Florida (he was a big supporter, I was too young to really understand politics) and later in life Robin Williams at a show he did while I was deployed to Iraq in 2007-2008. Other than that nobody incredibly noteworthy other than seeing people while out and about in Los Angeles, those are the only two I can recall having really met/shook hands with unless you count random high end raiders at Blizzcon as "famous".

I really appreciate your post

not counting meet and greets that were organized specifically for fans to meet the celebrities (in which case a bunch of authors, artists and some actors) - about 2 decades ago, I used to work as a dog walker for this mid Manhattan company and they had occasionally famous clients so I kinda got to meet Cindy Lauper and and Howard Stern. in passing (we were strongly.. encouraged not to linger and walk schedule was too tight anyways)

Hillary and Bill Clinton. Post Bill's Presidency, too. One of my good friends from school is a friend of Chelsea's, so I actually know her as a casual acquaintance.

Other than that, John Kerry, Cornel West. I was backstage at a bunch of concerts in the 90s, but I'm not sure I'd really count that as meeting people. One of them was Billy Corgan, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tricky lots of music people, not so much the musicians, but behind the stage stuff. Managers etc.
    Lemmy.
    Dave Brock.

Then Actors:
    Stephen Amell
    Rory McGann

Had dinner at Jeremy Irons' flat.

Recently interviewed Tahmoh Penniket and Denis O'Hare (not at the same time).

Have an potential interview lined up with Lori Penny.

Those are probably the biggest ones.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Don Rosa, I guess, at least as far as internationally known people go.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario and other Nintendo characters) and Ralph Baer (credited often as the inventor of video games for the home market, creator of the Odyssey game console)

Olof Palme och Anna Lindh both murdered Swedish socialdemocrats. Internationally famous probably someone from a concert but dont really count paid meetings.

George Takei at a signing of his book. I was nervous AF omg.

Depending on how you judge it would either be Michael Bloomberg or Stevie Ray Vaughan. Chatted with Bloomberg a bit at a tech conference back in the early '90s, I think, when he was promoting Bloomberg Terminal, and shook Vaughan's hand after a concert in NYC (I'm pretty sure it was 1983). My friend was a huge Stevie Ray fan and insisted on waiting at the stage door of the Beacon Theater in NYC after the performance for a chance to meet him. There were only about a half dozen of us, so Stevie stopped and chatted with us briefly. I honestly don't remember a single thing that was said. I just remember the *huge* smile on my friend's face when he got the chance to shake Stevie's hand. He was one of the best guitarists I ever heard and left us too soon.
    Last edited by cloudbuster; 2020-07-10 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most famous ones are probably the guys from The Grand Tour/Top Gear (Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond) met them back in 2013 I believe. They were pretty cool, chatted with alot of people during the segments and before/after the show.

Met Afrasiabi during Gamescon, he was pretty nice too but didn't have much time to chat unfortunantly.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru