Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he aint missing on alpha... you find him and save him in alpha...
    You save Baine , Anduin's carpet.

Cairne is missing .

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    You save Baine , Anduin's carpet.

Cairne is missing .
    most stuff is missing its alpha
    we dont even see kelthuzad or kalehtas yet, there is many things we do not have access to.

most stuff is missing its alpha
    we dont even see kelthuzad or kalehtas yet, there is many things we do not have access to.
    Not the point. re-read his post .
    He was talking about Cairne's files still missing and not Baine's . You confused the son for the father .

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Not the point. re-read his post .
    He was talking about Cairne's files still missing and not Baine's . You confused the son for the father .
    I know, again, "His files still missing" so are many files, its alpha, many endgame story elements wont be added till later.

I know, again, "His files still missing" so are many files, its alpha, many endgame story elements wont be added till later.
    I don't care about Cairne's missing files .

I was just pointing out your mistake . Good bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's referred to in the in-game text "The Sorrow of the Earthmother," Specifically:

Basically a number of the Tauren were corrupted by the Old Gods slumbering in Azeroth's crust. Tendrils of said corruption likely reside with the Tauren today.
    Also:
    The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins.
    Xal'atath says/said this when you're hanging out in Highmountain.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Maybe it's less "secret" and more future.

We have to get big patches in the future. I see very natural, gothic, undead and heavenly takes on the afterlife but I certainly don't see anything shamanic or tribal right now. There's lots more chunks of the Shadowlands they can throw at us and currently we don't have any Tauren themed dungeons or raids so there is a definite opening there.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

An offshoot of Draenei on an exploratory mission left their homeworld a long time ago and wound up on Azeroth. They were soon corrupted by the old gods and did horrible things. Once they broke free of the influence they evolved in their own way to become Taurens and pledged their lives to nature which helps them to resist the corruption.

Either that or they have secret concealed udders which secrete different flavors of soft serve ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    Well, do we know a lot about the evolution of the Tauren?
    Somebody fucked a cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren constellation statues are found within Ulduar, alongside Night Elf and Troll constellation statues.
    There's always been several implications with this.

1) Night Elves and their connection to Elune are a titan-approved and/or titan-predicted natural evolution of the Dark Trolls.
    2) Tauren are as ancient and as natural an occurance on Azeroth as Trolls OR Night Elves are.

With point #2 that means Tauren could have evolved from another form of creature. A creature that still exists today, similar to trolls and elves living alongside eachother. Perhaps a docile, naturally occuring creature sipping from the Well of Eternity.

What if... all the jokes... all the gaffs... are...

..canon?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren were considered by Brann to have possibly originated from an ancient like furbolgs and quilboar. Although, now they're confirmed to have evolved from Yaungol.

And considering nature spirits seem to be corrupted by the Old Gods all the effing time, it's likely that Xal'atath is referring to their origins as descendants of a nature spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Caine will be reunited with all the great Tauren of the past who all hang out in the Shadowlands. We will see this story unfold in a future Shadowlands patch leading us to the zone of The Secret Cow Level

Can't wait how that is going to play out ..... the entire cast that has been kidnapped and we have to interact throughout the xpack is really not that great in my opinion.

More Jaina, Thrall, Baine, Anduin and who could forget the new guy "living" coal man Bolvar

Didn't we already learn Tauren origins in MoP? Yaungol warped by Mogu fleshcrafting spread in different directions once the Mogu Empire fell. The ones who stayed remained Yaungol, the ones who went towards the Well of Eternity became Tauren and the ones who went way north became Taunka.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered about the tauren origins. Granted they descended from the yaungol (which are, if memory serves me right, a race naturally formed on Azeroth or through Niuzao? Idk), but I liked to headcanon that the tauren came from doomguards because they look similar, both use War Stomp, and neither can use arcane magic (well, tauren can't, and doomguard were used by the Titans to police the use of arcane magic).

On the other hand, I had trouble figuring out how doomguards would go undetected on Azeroth for millennia when the Burning Legion showed up for the first time in the War of the Ancients so it's pretty much assured the "tauren are depowered doomguards" theory is moot now. Was a fun idea while it lasted.

That they were human before. And have been cursed by an evil entity to suffer of the plague of not being human.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I always wondered about the tauren origins. Granted they descended from the yaungol (which are, if memory serves me right, a race naturally formed on Azeroth or through Niuzao? Idk), but I liked to headcanon that the tauren came from doomguards because they look similar, both use War Stomp, and neither can use arcane magic (well, tauren can't, and doomguard were used by the Titans to police the use of arcane magic).

On the other hand, I had trouble figuring out how doomguards would go undetected on Azeroth for millennia when the Burning Legion showed up for the first time in the War of the Ancients so it's pretty much assured the "tauren are depowered doomguards" theory is moot now. Was a fun idea while it lasted.
    That is an interesting theory. I actually never noticed how similar Tauren and Doomguards look.

I think it has something to do with Elune. I think the Earthmother either has to be Azeroth herself or Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

I've always wondered why Orcs don't milk female Tauren for dairy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXI21S4ZWJU
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    If anything, I hope there turns out to be some kind of ancestral land where ancestor-spirits that maintain the connection to the world of the living reside, communing with shamans. I reckon that would be a suitable place for Cairne to inhabit
    I doubt it, but I love the idea. I personally think Ardenweald looks boring as shit, I would love an "afterlife" that looks a bit closer to the one in the Black Panther movie, endless plains that their ancestors roam.

Ardenweald looks way too "druid-y" to me. If they really wanted to spice it up, I'd go for a much darker interpretation of the Fae, with super-sexy but conniving Fae beings, more dangerous-looking environments, etc.

To the topic at hand... Honestly, Baine fucking sucks. I had *SUCH* high hopes for a Tauren Leader stepping up after Cairne, but Baine has been nothing but a bitch.

Give me a Tauren that looks like THIS, who isn't afraid to throw-down with ANYONE who threatens his peoples' well being:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/.../52/L60etc.jpg

I'm half expecting to find out that Tauren originated in the Shadowlands and left for the physical realm due to a void invasion or something to explain why they're "So spiritual".

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I doubt it, but I love the idea. I personally think Ardenweald looks boring as shit, I would love an "afterlife" that looks a bit closer to the one in the Black Panther movie, endless plains that their ancestors roam.

Ardenweald looks way too "druid-y" to me. If they really wanted to spice it up, I'd go for a much darker interpretation of the Fae, with super-sexy but conniving Fae beings, more dangerous-looking environments, etc.

To the topic at hand... Honestly, Baine fucking sucks. I had *SUCH* high hopes for a Tauren Leader stepping up after Cairne, but Baine has been nothing but a bitch.

Give me a Tauren that looks like THIS, who isn't afraid to throw-down with ANYONE who threatens his peoples' well being:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/.../52/L60etc.jpg
    It would be nice to see an afterlife that's the "Shaman" to Ardenweald's "Druid"
    Twas brillig