Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So meteorogical=traditional, your version is right and anyone that will argue with you is a geek (this is insult?).
    Not sure what mental gymnastics you had to do to come to that conclusion my guy but sure thing.

My version just happens to be the most common version. If my version was unorthodox then I would freely admit that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Not sure what mental gymnastics you had to do to come to that conclusion my guy but sure thing.

My version just happens to be the most common version. If my version was unorthodox then I would freely admit that.
    This whole discussion started because some countries use astronomical seasons, some meteorological seasons and everyone think that their way is 'natural'. And I don't know about other 'astronomical' countries, but in my area 'common folk' don't think March=spring, first day of spring and first night of summer are even celebrated.

I know it's kinda pointless discussion cause it's all about what Ion had in mind (also December release isn't likely for different reason), but OP topic isn't very smart, no wonder thread derailed ;P.

This whole discussion started because some countries use astronomical seasons, some meteorological seasons and everyone think that their way is 'natural'. And I don't know about other 'astronomical' countries, but in my area 'common folk' don't think March=spring, first day of spring and first night of summer are even celebrated.

I know it's kinda pointless discussion cause it's all about what Ion had in mind (also December release isn't likely for different reason), but OP topic isn't very smart, no wonder thread derailed ;P.
    Well, because of the whole season debate, people in this thread are trying to argue that there is a decent possibility that the expansion can and will launch in December, - meteorological vs. astronomical debate aside; it makes no logical sense that the expansion would launch in December.

They are not going to release an expansion during December, so close to Christmas where the majority of the player base are busy with friends and family and when their entire staff go on two weeks holiday/vacation, so wont be on hand for launch bugs/problems.

You then get people repeating the tired ''well Cataclysm launched in December''. Yes, 10 years and 4 expansions ago. They haven't done anything similar since and are in no way comparable. The game, the devs and the company have changed.

Ion has said that Beta is essentially feature complete apart from a few small amount of things that need to be added. Its not going to take over 6 months of testing for this, especially when the previous few beta cycles have lasted typically 2-3 months. Therefore, the expansion is not going to launch at the start of next year.

The only viable dates are at the end of October and the start of November. During this period the devs are all hands on deck available to work, and will be around a month later at the start of December for the release of end game. And no, they are not going to delay the launch of Shadowlands Season 1 by an extra month, as has already been suggested in this thread.

Blizzard are first and foremost a company that aims to make money. Considering the theme of the expansion, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see it launch end of October to coincide with Halloween. Day of the Dead is also around the same time frame at the start of November. It all coincides nicely for them. It feels like something Blizzard would do and heavily market.

I'm just tired of seeing this whole season debate. The same argument happened in the Legion and BfA hype threads repeatedly and both times the ones clinging to ''astronomical'' seasons who were arguing that the expansions would be released at the end of September, because by their definition, September is Summer and Blizzard said both expansions would be released by the end of Summer were proven wrong; and its going to happen again. Both expansions were launched during August. That alone should tell you how Blizzard tend to treat expansion launches with seasonal estimates.

Shadowlands will be launching end of October/start of November. People just need to accept that, that time frame is the only time frame for launch that makes logical sense, and see that the writing is on the wall - instead of arguing against it for the sake of being contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, didnt you hear? CDPR have gone out of business because they delayed CP2077 twice - its cutthroat out there now, so its GG for CDPR. So sad.
    Isn't it CDP (the distributor) that's going bankrupt? CDPR is fine as far as I know..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yes, because blizzard is just going to release a major expansion and then go on vacation for 2 weeks like they do every year
    i mean not even close to true.
    Only 1 expansion has been that way, and they hated it because many of their staff were unable to take their vacations cause they needed to stay behind to work and make sure the expansion worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I already did, and will do it again: --> https://www.kalender-365.dk/arstider.html

Thank you, you finally agree its december 21st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Well personally I think Blizzard had astronomical seasons in mind since pre-orders had "will be released before September 21" message. Of course they wouldn't wait for last day, but early September was for sure a possibility at least for Legion if they'd decide to delay it just one week for whatever reasons.

And yeah, December release doesn't make sense cause nowadays launch is spreaded around whole month. If SL Beta will be as long as Legion/BfA, expac would launch 3rd November.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean not even close to true.
    Only 1 expansion has been that way, and they hated it because many of their staff were unable to take their vacations cause they needed to stay behind to work and make sure the expansion worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, you finally agree its december 21st.
    lol I don't know how this turned into a whole "defining fall/autumn" thing but I have enjoyed the wild ride

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    lol I don't know how this turned into a whole "defining fall/autumn" thing but I have enjoyed the wild ride
    cause some people refuse the fact that blizzard uses the astronomical seasons.
    And that their country is the only important one, so it obviously goes by what day their country locally gets winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Literally nobody uses Astronomical seasons. Go to any country on the planet and ask a random person on the street on what is Autumn/Fall and they will tell you Sep/Oct/Nov or Mar/Apr/May. Nobody is going to be like:"Well, ackchyually..."
    It is just the mental gymnastics Blizzard fanboys go through trying to give Blizzard as much time as possible, while in the same sentence pretending: "It is totally not delayed, you guys."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Literally nobody uses Astronomical seasons. Go to any country on the planet and ask a random person on the street on what is Autumn/Fall and they will tell you Sep/Oct/Nov or Mar/Apr/May. Nobody is going to be like:"Well, ackchyually..."
    It is just the mental gymnastics Blizzard fanboys go through trying to give Blizzard as much time as possible, while in the same sentence pretending: "It is totally not delayed, you guys."
    Lol, I think I'll rather ignore info from someone that doesn't understand 6 months promotions happen every 6 months.

Anywhere around here they'll tell you the Astronomical dates, everything is based around those dates.

Anywhere around here they'll tell you the Astronomical dates, everything is based around those dates.
    Where are you from?

I can't imagine approaching anyone in the street and asking them when they think Autumn is and them responding with ''22 September - 21st December''. Its much more likely that they'd respond with a more general ''September, October, November''. I'm sorry I just can't see it.

For the record, I asked in my work office of around 10 people today on what they consider the Autumn months, and what they consider the Winter months. Every single one of them said the exact same, September, October, November for Autumn and and December, January, February for Winter. No disagreements or debate on it whatsoever. One person even said anyone that thinks December is Autumn is off their head.

This is the UK by the way.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2020-07-15 at 06:36 PM.

WoW SL is releasing November 2020.

Where are you from?

I can't imagine approaching anyone in the street and asking them when they think Autumn is and them responding with ''22 September - 21st December''. Its much more likely that they'd respond with a more general ''September, October, November''. I'm sorry I just can't see it.

For the record, I asked in my work office of around 10 people today on what they consider the Autumn months, and what they consider the Winter months. Every single one of them said the exact same, September, October, November for Autumn and and December, January, February for Winter. One person even said anyone that thinks December is Autumn is off their head.

This is the UK by the way.
    US. When you ask someone when like... winter starts they generally say "around dec 21" at least in the areas I've lived.

US. When you ask someone when like... winter starts they generally say "around dec 21" at least in the areas I've lived.
    I can guarantee this doesn't happen. Even in US.
    Just more mental gymnastics to justify Blizzard delays.

You keep saying "Blizzard delays" but where's the proof it's happening?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Ah yes the "I know your own experiences better than you" schtick, no, no you don't.

And there is no delay yet, the only official "date" is "on or before dec. 31 2020"

10+ Year Old Account
    Science is science, deny it all you like, It's not going to change just because you demand it to.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean delays past your rock solid date of 2021? so 2022 then?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    What exactly has one thing to do with the other?
    The idea is, they lock you in for 6 months for a mount, and by the time your 6 months pre paid is gone, THEN Blizz releases relevant content.

I could see the argument for this, but I could also see the argument against it.

People who pre pay for mounts do it for the reward and not being able to experience new content. We already know we're in a drought, we already know games in general, are delayed, this doesn't do anything for Blizzards hardcore base that will sink every dime into the next shiny in game item sold on their market.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No you can't. It's the same where I live.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.