Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I have another equation.

1 + 6 = 7 = July 2020

Last time we had a 6-month mount released was January of 2020. 6 months later, they're releasing another. That's the FAR more likely cause of this than a January 2021 release.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No one is denying that, but as people have said multiple times - many AAA games are suffering delays, missing release windows, moving release dates etc. Most are saying the lockdowns and world events are to blame, and that seems entirely believable.
    Just FYI, they've already been working from home for many months before the very recent announcement. They said "fall" AFTER understanding exactly how working conditions would affect progress. Every delay of that you're referring to was based on dates set either before covid entirely or before studios really had a handle on how this would play out. (A lot of people naively thought this would have all been over by early June.) Blizzard's timeline assumes nobody will be in the office before launch. Unless there is a new catastrophe, Shadowlands will launch before Dec 21st.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    And from where I'm from you would be called a dumbass for saying fall runs until december 21st.
    I could make a lot of guesses about where you're from, but it's not worth the infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Just FYI, they've already been working from home for many months before the very recent announcement. They said "fall" AFTER understanding exactly how working conditions would affect progress. Every delay of that you're referring to was based on dates set either before covid entirely or before studios really had a handle on how this would play out. (A lot of people naively thought this would have all been over by early June.) Blizzard's timeline assumes nobody will be in the office before launch. Unless there is a new catastrophe, Shadowlands will launch before Dec 21st.
    I dont know why you and others think anyone is unaware of this? Obviously we are aware of this, but so were all the other publishers who were forced to shift release dates, even in the exact scenario you described above. As i have mentioned above, there really wont be a crunch this time - no team lead / boss looking over your shoulder micro managing everyone forcing the long hours and pushing like they have in previous releasing.

This current situation is entirely unknown - things are changing day to day and week to week. Like i said, other publishers in the EXACT scenario you described are still being forced to delay games because although they thought they were on top of things, they were not.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-07-17 at 09:00 PM.

I dont know why you and others think anyone is unaware of this? Obviously we are aware of this, but so were all the other publishers who were forced to shift release dates, even in the exact scenario you described above. As i have mentioned above, there really wont be a crunch this time - no team lead / boss looking over your shoulder micro managing everyone forcing the long hours and pushing like they have in previous releasing.

This current situation is entirely unknown - things are changing day to day and week to week. Like i said, other publishers in the EXACT scenario you described are still being forced to delay games because although they thought they were on top of things, they were not.
    Give a specific example of a date was pushed and I'll tell you exactly why it's not parallel to what we're talking about here.

Also, sorry, but you're wrong. Things are not changing day to day or week to week. That is objectively false. I am a software engineer for a global tech company and I have friends at Blizzard so I know for a fact what they're doing, which is the exact same thing we're doing along with every other major US tech company. The holding pattern that we have all been in has been the same for months.

Not sure where you are getting off by arguing that a just announced date range is unreliable because of covid. Makes no sense. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Some people just like to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Give a specific example of a date was pushed and I'll tell you exactly why it's not parallel to what we're talking about here.

Not sure where you are getting off by arguing that a just announced date range is unreliable because of covid. Makes no sense.
    This is not how adults discuss things - you have already decided that no matter what evidence i provide, you will dismiss it - as apparantly you are all knowing within the gaming industry, and yet unaware of identical scenarios causing delays? You tried to cover all possible eventualities by designating yourself as an authority on the topic, and as you will obviously not provide even a shred of evidence to prove this, you have tried to add more weight to your opinion by saying "i have friends at Blizzard" (i laughed pretty hard at this, its something a 10yo would say).

I "get off" by stating FACTS - other AAA game studios have been forced to shift previously announced game launches, and stated it was a direct result of Covid19, and that WFH is a major factor. As someone who claims to have infinite insider knowledge of the entire gaming industry, you should be acutely aware of these situations.

Yeah, you got me - they are nobodies and make bad games like The Witcher 3.

"CD Projekt RED becomes the largest gaming company in Europe, surpasses Ubisoft"
    I mean, I hate Witcher 3. I got all excited, and then no part of the game was fun, so no, I knew exactly what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wait I think we're misunderstanding each other. My first comment was asking for proof that a delay was happening for Shadowlands, not that it happens in general. I'm sorry we weren't on the same page here.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you and the other poster say 8.3 was delayed when it wasn't stated by Blizzard? That's sort of why I included in my comment "Ones that had announcements of being delayed.". It's hard to claim something is delayed when it was never official.
    Do you see everything you disagree with as "mental gymnastics"? It doesn't help the conversation to think that.
    So I guess you have just resorted to plain lying. It was front paged on this very website that 8.3 was delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So I guess you have just resorted to plain lying. It was front paged on this very website that 8.3 was delayed.
    Before calling me a liar could you prove it? Where on the front page of this website did it say "Blizzard has delayed 8.3"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Right now I would be more interested when the pre-expansion patch drops where there will definitely be some fun content and stuff to do with alts etc. Expansion will come when its ready not when people think it should come.
    Pre-patch start whole hype machine when "seasonal" people return to game. If it last more than 5-6 weeks, they would be pissed at Shadowlands even before launch.

Pre-patch will likely have some story quests, (hopefully Legion like) invasions to gear up your alts and level squish/faster leveling, what else you expect?

I "get off" by stating FACTS - other AAA game studios have been forced to shift previously announced game launches, and stated it was a direct result of Covid19, and that WFH is a major factor. As someone who claims to have infinite insider knowledge of the entire gaming industry, you should be acutely aware of these situations.
    Unlike other game companies, Blizzard basically is cooking this expansion in front of us, at least since it goes into Alpha phase. So far testing goes pretty smoothly and only controversial things are Blizzard design choices, not some fear that it looks really behind the schedule.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-18 at 10:18 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Wtf are you so eager to attack the other guy in forum lol. Why the fuck would you think I expect something more from the prepatch? All I ever said is it would be nice to have the fucking prepatch soon so we have some shit to do and we don't have every child out there whining when the expansion will drop.

To be honest I don't give a fuck if seasonals casuals or whoever comes to play at this point. The expansion enters beta phase meaning theres at least 3 months ahead of us with 0 content dwindling subscribers and fucking boredom. So I don't see whats the argument here. Please don't give us content soon enough because God forbid there might be seasonal players that will be frustrated? Do we really give a fuck?

Honestly man, you should really re-check your angles when posting this fucking forum is NOT about attacking other posters for absolutely zero reason just to get the high ground of absolutely no fucking importance whatsoever. Get real.
    WoW, I wonder how it's possible to be THAT fragile and still function on this planet. Well, I'm sorry I "attacked" you with conversation ;D.

The 6 month promotion has been running for more than 2 years by now, connecting it to the release date is asinine at best.

But so are people considering themselves stuck in a "drought", so...

Nothing will happen, their stocks will be fine, this is ONE game in the portfolio of one of the bigger companies in the industry, and not even their main product, not even close. Nothing will happen, since most people will have pre-ordered by then anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

What on earth makes you think a product that is only available on PC is competing with the launch of a console?
    Funny that they themselves refer to WoW among their biggest franchise.

Ya'll just be desperate to be miserable.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-07-18 at 01:32 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    oh boy this thread aged reaaaaaaaly badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    You are officially wrong

OP, opinion? Remember the name people, the logics are strong
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Yeah, sorry everyone, I was wrong. I will repeat it again: I was wrong.
    Blizzard are ready to release in 2020. And we're all better off because of it.
    Now we got to play the game we all going to enjoy earlier.