Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I feel like any future classes would have to be 'Hero' classes, since the old method of regular classes leveling through 1-100 would be detrimental to building hype for said class.

People want to take a new class into new content asap. This is what really sold the Death Knight and Demon Hunters, while playing Monk felt like a chore trying to go through all the menial leveling while your friends are boosting through new content and you're trying to play catchup missing out on all the cool new missions and the build up to doing your first dungeons/heroics/raids.

It should be fast-tracked with a unique zone area just like DK's and Demon Hunters had. After that you can progress a bit in the previous expansion (if it makes sense) then jump straight into the new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    It might not be a problem now but it could be a question we need to ask at 10.0 or possibly 11.0
    So lets ask that then. Unless you prefer they waste development time solving a problem for a class that doesn't even exist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I feel like any future classes would have to be 'Hero' classes, since the old method of regular classes leveling through 1-100 would be detrimental to building hype for said class.

People want to take a new class into new content asap. This is what really sold the Death Knight and Demon Hunters, while playing Monk felt like a chore trying to go through all the menial leveling while your friends are boosting through new content and you're trying to play catchup missing out on all the cool new missions and the build up to doing your first dungeons/heroics/raids.

It should be fast-tracked with a unique zone area just like DK's and Demon Hunters had. After that you can progress a bit in the previous expansion (if it makes sense) then jump straight into the new content.
    Don't DHs and DK start at level 8 or 10 in Shadowlands? So even a hero class wouldn't put a player that far into content in future expansions.

There's also level boosts now, where level boosts didn't exist when Monks came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Don't DHs and DK start at level 8 or 10 in Shadowlands? So even a hero class wouldn't put a player that far into content in future expansions.

There's also level boosts now, where level boosts didn't exist when Monks came out.
    It puts them past Legion so we don't need to concern ourselves over specific class starting areas or building specific legendaries.