Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's exactly what is like. Running a dungeon is exactly like getting hit by a car. You nailed it buddy. I mean why are you even playing a game that makes you feel like you've been hit by a car if you dont get a piece of loot?

    This change has long been needed. Running easier modes than raiding to get double the loot that can be spammed all week every week?
    As is customary of mmo-champion posters, you've managed to miss the point entirely. Congrats.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post

    Well, that's probably because you're not having fun playing the game. I guess this is why boosting is so popular, because games moved from "doing" to "having". People only enjoy getting and having things, but forget the point of a game is playing. I suppose there's some explanation for that, getting rewarded gives you a high level of dopamine or whatever, while playing with friends isn't as rewarding I suppose.
    I enjoy being rewarded for my time. That's the long and the short of it. If I don't feel like my time is being adequately rewarded in the content, even if I enjoy doing it, I'm not going to continue playing.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Mythic+ was introduced as an alternative endgame for small groups of friends who like harder content but don't like the logistics of big group raiding.

    It absolutely is supposed to gear you completely. At which ilvl is up for debate though.
    Agreed. I have really enjoyed it as for big chunks of the year, I just don't have the time for progression raiding, mythic+ gives me an option that allows for progression, is challenging and rewarding, without having a massive time commitment. People saying it is easier content, easier than mythic raiding I'd grant, but normal and heroic? Granted, I missed most of the raids in BfA, only really done Ny'alotha due to the lockdown, and high level mythic keys are harder than heroic in my opinion.

    And at the end of the day, I think most BiS gear is in the mythic raids, someone who only does mythic+ won't get as high an ilvl as someone who is farming mythic ny'alotha, sure it won't be much behind them, but it still won't be as high. And given that the highest level keys drop 465 gear, it is only the weekly chest that gives 475 and if you are anything like me this means you don't get many 475 pieces anyway. Besides, the interplay with corruption means that ilvl isn't the be all and end all anymore, for better or worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

  3. #303
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,381
    This change is monumentally stupid for a number of reasons but mostly because it will make no one happy. The hopeless addicts who feel they must leverage any type of advantage on the way to raid valhalla will of course continue to exploit content that provides any such advantage to the maximum degree (and bitch about it on forums as well I might add). Everybody else who just did M+ will find out they just got fucked for evidently no reason at all and their content is now significantly less rewarding for no good reason at all.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Interesting, never said anyone was. In fact this system punishes you more for not spamming it because you actually have 0 hope of getting loot outside of weekly cache.

    Second you are wrong, the only reaosn to run M+ isnt for "the clout", its for multiple reason, including loot. By your own logic we should remove loot from all content and just run them for clout.
    The loot only ...and i mean only scales up to a certian point. After that it is 100% pointless to run any key highee than that.

    The only reason people run high keys 16+ is for clout. As the gear past that does not scale up. If it was really only about gear than no one would go iver 15.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The loot only ...and i mean only scales up to a certian point. After that it is 100% pointless to run any key highee than that.

    The only reason people run high keys 16+ is for clout. As the gear past that does not scale up. If it was really only about gear than no one would go iver 15.
    I never said it was only about gear but gear is a big part of it for most players. Theres a reason why keys that high are only being ran by 1% of the community while the vast majority of the community are running lower keys and for those people i assure you its not just "for the clout". Its an alternative form of gearing when you can't raid/during non raid days/times.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I never said it was only about gear but gear is a big part of it for most players. Theres a reason why keys that high are only being ran by 1% of the community while the vast majority of the community are running lower keys and for those people i assure you its not just "for the clout". Its an alternative form of gearing when you can't raid/during non raid days/times.
    Mythic+ 15 are not hard to run. They are easier than a heroic raid. If anything they should drop lower ilvl gear on a 15 key.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Mythic+ 15 are not hard to run. They are easier than a heroic raid. If anything they should drop lower ilvl gear on a 15 key.
    Go ahead and do a +15 in 445 gear and get back with us.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Looks like this has mostly slipped under the radar but this is a pretty big change (especially for those of us who exclusively play M+). Moving into SL, it looks like Blizzard is going to decrease the drop rate of gear in M+ to a single piece in the box at the end of the dungeon. Obviously this could change at a later date but this will effectively neuter one of the easiest ways to gear your toon in the expansion.

    Here's the interview, and the specific information from Ion quoted below:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So the exact quantities are still evolving (please don't quote me 100% on this) but notably for Mythic+ it will be one item from the end-of-run chest that is repeatable. The weekly loot chest will still have a greater selection of items to choose from (still one a week) but that should be a more reliable source of upgrades since you can best pick the one that suits your needs out of a wider range of things that you've earned. We're continuing with personal loot and tradability. The baseline reasons for moving away from Group Loot/Master Loot to Personal Loot 3-4 years ago haven't meaningfully changed. I think if anything, some of the potential abuses inherent in Master Loot, where people lose agency or control over their own items--the items now belong to the guild master, or a PUG leader that has arbitrary rules--these things are even more-heightened when things are scarse. So we feel like also without the randomness of Warforged/Titanforging messing with tradability, personal loot should be more consistent then ever in terms of distributing upgrades.
    I'm usually a supporter of Blizzard but after seeing the way that Soulbinds are going to work on top of this change to M+ I'm deeply regretting my decision to preorder this expansion.
    Bout damn time. M+ was too efficient early tier.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2020-08-02 at 09:38 PM.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Mythic+ 15 are not hard to run. They are easier than a heroic raid. If anything they should drop lower ilvl gear on a 15 key.
    When did i say they were?

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Go ahead and do a +15 in 445 gear and get back with us.
    Why does it have to be in 445? I could easily say do heroic raid with 440. Same difference.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The loot only ...and i mean only scales up to a certian point. After that it is 100% pointless to run any key highee than that.

    The only reason people run high keys 16+ is for clout. As the gear past that does not scale up. If it was really only about gear than no one would go iver 15.
    False. Higher keys provide more residuum *and* more echoes. So nah, there is a point to farming higher keys.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Why does it have to be in 445? I could easily say do heroic raid with 440. Same difference.
    The point is that +15s weren't exactly the cakewalk we see them right now closer to the launch of 8.3. Heroic raids, on the other hand, were proportionally a lot easier.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't care either way. I hardly ever used the gear that actually dropped form the chest. It was useful at the start of the expansion and different tiers, but that's about it. Oh and to provide enchanting mats, I suppose. People in my group would trade me the pieces and I'd DE them (my main source of income).
    I don't play my alts in high end so I don't need the gear for them either.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, that's probably because you're not having fun playing the game. I guess this is why boosting is so popular, because games moved from "doing" to "having". People only enjoy getting and having things, but forget the point of a game is playing. I suppose there's some explanation for that, getting rewarded gives you a high level of dopamine or whatever, while playing with friends isn't as rewarding I suppose.
    Why do you get to decide why others play? You ever think that maybe some people enjoy playing endgame content with their friends rather than grinding dungeons for gear that will be censored/sharded next week? Or is not not a viable option because you don’t want that?

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This change is monumentally stupid for a number of reasons but mostly because it will make no one happy. The hopeless addicts who feel they must leverage any type of advantage on the way to raid valhalla will of course continue to exploit content that provides any such advantage to the maximum degree (and bitch about it on forums as well I might add). Everybody else who just did M+ will find out they just got fucked for evidently no reason at all and their content is now significantly less rewarding for no good reason at all.
    This is sorta how i feel.

    I mean who are they trying to punish or adjust balance too?
    The world first chasers some of you say get such a huge advantage from doing m+ early stage? they are literally gonna run with alts to armor stack and buy more crap form AH so no change for them.
    Semi core guild? they will get enough from farming normal raid gear to get what they need for progress. And usually its more gameplay than gear that is trouble for such guild.
    the "casual" so to speak? yeah he got fucked over beacuse less groups are now running since people dont want to gear randoms, and he therefor cant progress his character in any logical way.
    I got kids house and a wife, i love playing m+, its superfun and quick. but at the end of the day? if i can do 1 dungeon per day, and 1 out of 5 shots on loot? fuck that, im not doing m+ for a week just for one item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •