POTUS makes first openly corrupt act by releasing roger stone

Yesterday Roger Stone was released from custody after being convicted for 40 months in jail for obstruction of justice In the investigation russia/trump campaign.

However, Trump didnt have it and used his mandate to overrule the court sentence and set his old friend free.

America is now openly and oficially corrupt. Democracy is gone. How do yall feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Yesterday Roger Stone was released from custody after being convicted for 40 months in jail for obstruction of justice In the investigation russia/trump campaign.

However, Trump didnt have it and used his mandate to overrule the court sentence and set his old friend free.

America is now openly and oficially corrupt. How do yall feel?
    This is going to be moved to the Trump Shitshow I mean Trump Discussion thread plus this is most definitely a political forum discussion.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The President has that authority. Look at all the drug dealers Obama pardoned before he left office. Drug dealers who contributed to the destruction of maybe thousands of lives.

But yeah, this belongs in the "Lets bash Trump " mega thread.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The President has that authority. Look at all the drug dealers Obama pardoned before he left office. Drug dealers who contributed to the destruction of maybe thousands of lives.

I can't find a source on Obama pardoning dealers, only people with possession charges. Though I only did a quick google, so could be wrong. Got a source?

Are you suggesting Obama is a drug lord who pardoned members of his organization? Because that would be the analogy to what Trump has done here. Your brain does not work well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly his first openly corrupt act.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I can't find a source on Obama pardoning dealers, only people with possession charges. Though I only did a quick google, so could be wrong. Got a source?
    https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Read the list....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Barack_Obama

Many of them where not just in possession of drugs, but distributors, or in other words....dealers.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the list....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Barack_Obama

Many of them where not just in possession of drugs, but distributors, or in other words....dealers.
    Was Obama demanding children go back to school during a pandemic, the same day he releases his friend because covid is too dangerous? Why is covid a big life threatening issue for Trump’s friends, but American workers must return to work?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, all Stone did is betray a country, during the Russian “hoax” investigation and is now free because of covid “hoax”. These “hoax” when it comes to American people, but issues when it comes to Trump friends, is corruption.

None of the Obama pardoned, were directly involved in conspiracy with the president, to defraud the US.

If you needed proof that every time Trump states anything is a hoax, he is guilty as sin, this release of Stone due to covid, incapsulates it in a nice tidy single event.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was Obama demanding children go back to school during a pandemic, the same day he releases his friend because covid is too dangerous? Why is covid a big life threatening issue for Trump’s friends, but American workers must return to work?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, all Stone did is betray a country, during the Russian “hoax” investigation and is now free because of covid “hoax”. These “hoax” when it comes to American people, but issues when it comes to Trump friends, is corruption.

None of the Obama pardoned, were directly involved in conspiracy with the president, to defraud the US.
    Does that make the fact that he pardoned literal drug dealers (and quite a bit of them, cocaine even, not marijuana), fraud, money laundering, hell even armed bank robbery and possession of firearms without serial numbers any less damning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    For those saying every president pardons people... couple of things... Neither Stone or Manafort were pardoned. Both are in different states of being out of jail, because covid is a dangerous pandemic sweeping the country. Name a single president, that commuted the sentence of his friend, over a crisis that same president claims doesn’t exist for the rest of us? Has been saying it doesn’t exist or is just the flue, for over 6 months as over 135000 Americans are dead?

Trump forced meat workers to return to work and get infected, while prison is being too dangerous for Trump friends and the self proclaimed modern “Rosa Parks” Blogoyavich...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Does that make the fact that he pardoned literal drug dealers (and quite a bit of them, cocaine even, not marijuana), fraud, money laundering, hell even armed bank robbery and possession of firearms without serial numbers any less damning?
    No, I don’t see how actions of Obama, make Trump actions less damning. I think bringing up Obama is just what aboutism, combining Trump supporter inability to defend Trump’s actions, with a need to defend him. I think you are focusing on drugs, because you think it’s inflammatory, even though this is my current drug dealer:
    https://haveaheartcc.com/

I’m guessing this is the equivalent for defrauding the US:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the “he was in jail because of a hoax” and “covid is under control”? How is Obama a better defense of Trump, then the excuses Trump him self used? Screaming Russian hoax is your favorite, with the second favorite being how covid is just the flu. Why are those arguments inapt here?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

"First openly corrupt act."

lol... Imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "First openly corrupt act."

lol... Imagine.
    Give people a break... I wouldn’t mind pretending it was the 80s either... 2020 kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I don’t see how actions of Obama, make Trump actions less damning. I think bringing up Obama is just what aboutism, combining Trump supporter inability to defend Trump’s actions, with a need to defend him. I think you are focusing on drugs, because you think it’s inflammatory, even though this is my current drug dealer:
    https://haveaheartcc.com/

I’m guessing this is the equivalent for defrauding the US:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower
    The underlined part is something I never claimed, this habit of putting words in my mouth is very tiresome - and a hallmark of those who ascribe to certain political ideologies. I didn't bring up Obama, another user did; I focused on drugs because he mostly pardoned drug dealers. And speaking of whataboutery, that's ironically what you also did with this reply - aside from drawing a remarkable number of incorrect assumptions (I'm not a Trump supporter and I'm pro legalization of marijuana).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    The underlined part is something I never claimed, this habit of putting words in my mouth is very tiresome - and a hallmark of those who ascribe to certain political ideologies. I didn't bring up Obama, another user did; I focused on drugs because he mostly pardoned drug dealers. And speaking of whataboutery, that's ironically what you also did with this reply - aside from drawing a remarkable number of incorrect assumptions (I'm not a Trump supporter and I'm pro legalization of marijuana).
    What? You said this:

Does that make the fact that he pardoned ... any less damning?
    You didn’t bring up Obama, which would mean, you did say this:

I don’t see how actions of Obama, make Trump actions less damning
    WTF?

Edit: The reply needed to begin with... “What I really meant”....
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-11 at 01:08 PM.

Pft, Amateurs... want open corruption out in plain sight? Come to Ireland!

At this point though I think most people can agree looking in from outside of the USA can see how shity of a president he is compared to all the rest. Though he just might be more open about it and not care, we all know most of the presidents did shity stuff.

Trump releases someone who lied to Congress, covered things up.
    Everyone: Yeah but what about ............

Whataboutism is not a excuse for anything. Seriously Americans, you need to get your House in order.

As pointed out, we have a Trump megathread for all discussions related to Trump-
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sed-Discussion

Closing this here, please continue the discussion in the Trump megathread.