Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    This is the case since TBC (although some T3 and good gear carried over for a while).

  2. #62
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, here's the reasoning:



    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316854/...lands-prepatch

    Quite frankly, i don't care, expansion outdating previous gear is fine to me and it seemingly took the corruption system to crash and burn in such fashion that Blizzard finally relented with the additional systems atop regular gear.
    they should have put all the corruptions for the same low price in the shop then, but they still are going the other way for us to grind, and make it obsolete that quickly, there is people who will get their corruption and it will be already useless...

  3. #63
    Well, I DO keep my Legiondaries for TW events, makes my DH even more ridiculously OP

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not pointless, he's right.

    Gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion. Given that Corruption is a form of "forged" gear, it was bound to vanish too, especially considering how powerful it is.
    Being right doesn't mean that it's not pointless. If you state something that is obviously right and everyone knows it, it doesn't bring any value to the discussion which makes it.. rather pointless.

    His post had nothing to do with what OP was saying. It's not like OP doesn't know that gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion. Given the bad English of OP, you can read between the lines that he wants opinions on the current system. You know, whether others think that some progress should persist (which it obviously doesn't do atm.)? The post I quoted simply stated how the system is at the moment, which has nothing to do with what OP wanted opinions on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This sounds like a borrowed power thread. Borrowed power has to exist, if we kept getting new abilities and talents every xpac we'd have a ton of fucking shit, none of which could be balanced. Blizz could never add all of the shit they added for Legion weapons to the game that would stick around forever. Imagine trying to balance that, on top of azerite, essences, corruption, and the unpruning in SL.
    While I generally don't like borrowed power, this post is true. We cannot keep getting new stuff expac after expac, tier after tier. There is no better option I can think of at the moment to put fresh elements in the game. Another thing is whether those borrowed power should be gated behind grind like they usually are.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-07-12 at 01:58 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Being right doesn't mean that it's not pointless. If you state something that is obviously right and everyone knows it, it doesn't bring any value to the discussion which makes it.. rather pointless.
    He's literally point out to OP that this is what customary happens at the end of expansions - it's not Blizzard disregarding people's grind, it's a natural part of the game that is needed to keep it balanced.

    Not pointless. Obvious to everyone but OP, but still has a point, and he wanted to point it out.

  6. #66
    lol welcome to retail wow, where its actually pointless to put any effort cuz nothing matters, cath ch up exists with PATCHES now and expansions resetts everything.

    all u do is collect transmog and mounts

    fking lol.
    sorry for rant

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

    Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

    (p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    You're like 14 years late on this one buddy. Replacing raid gear with greens in TBC felt so dirty I wanted to shower.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    lol welcome to retail wow, where its actually pointless to put any effort cuz nothing matters, cath ch up exists with PATCHES now and expansions resetts everything.

    all u do is collect transmog and mounts

    fking lol.
    sorry for rant
    That's just WoW period.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Spot on. Corruption has really been flawed is many ways.
    How the fuck is that "spot on"?

    The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs and saved echoes for months to do something that got hotfixed in less than a week is an exception.

    And 20 tank solo mythic nzoth? It's like you chose not to read that retarded fucking sentence and just blindly agreed with the "person" that cant figure out the difference between 1 person and 20 people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I'm pretty sure they knew that when they let us buy whichever ones we wanted. This is the "fuck it, have fun" part of the expansion.
    That was basically their reason for not fixing the truth bug people were having fun exploiting in pvp. "Fuck it."

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Pretty much used to it, but wouldn't mind Blizzard borrowing POE's system where they implement certain stuff from each season into the core game.
    Let's rather not. POE's entire system is polluted with over 10 different kind of leagues and currencies and it's a huge fucking mess

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs
    You don't go to 2.5k by "getting lucky" within a day.

    Like mate, this is basic shit, if you manage to climb the ladder with a strat relying on RNG that high and that quickly, this means that the odds are within your favor.

  11. #71
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

    Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

    (p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    this is like the time that I grinded Siege of Orgrimmar for loot only to have it replaced by level 93! THOSE BASTARDS! or the time when I fully geared my character in heroic HFC gear at the end of WoD only to have it rendered useless by level 104 in Legion! THOSE BASTARDS! or the time when I pumped all the AP i could into my artifact weapon and used it extensively to help clear the raids of the expansion only to have all my work undone at the end of the expansion! THOSE BASTARDS!

    edit: to actually answer the OP, no it's not a waste of time because we got to use the corruptions extensively this expansion. and no, essences, the neck and azerite powers are not going away they are staying but you cannot use them in Shadowlands. which means if you choose to you can use them in timewalking (same goes for the Legion legendaries, hell any past expansion legendary provided that they were obtained during or after the expansion being featured in timewalking) - hell my Paladin uses Shadowmourne when doing Wrath and BC timewalking
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-07-12 at 03:09 PM.

  12. #72
    Silly newbie, it's been like that since the first expansion.

  13. #73
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I have some doubts Method is gonna pay their debt off.
    I mean they had 3-4 months before their rep dropped to make back the gold. they could easily sell 4-6 carries a week for 6 million gold per carry. that's 24 million a week for 12-16 weeks. I don't know how much they borrowed though

  14. #74
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon
    What???


    Seriously though, yes, of course BFA gear was going to become irrelevant in Shadowlands. How on earth could anyone expect anything different at this point?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-07-12 at 03:47 PM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  15. #75
    Its not a waste of time because so long as I had fun playing with my raid group then its fine. All the gear/Ap/Corruptions/etc are just a means to an end. Hell, gear has been and always will be the original borrowed power. Its been like that since the beginning.

  16. #76
    Stood in the Fire SNES-1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    351
    I was hoping we could still at least use corruption to blast through timewalking stuff.
    Kupo.

  17. #77
    If anything this is why I think player housing should be a thing. Somewhere to customise and show off your achievements each expansion that continues with you through into new content. Right now every grind becomes pointless as soon as a new expansion hits. If we at least got a trophy for reaching AP cap or something that we could put in houses, then it'd at least give us something to keep from that time.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean they had 3-4 months before their rep dropped to make back the gold. they could easily sell 4-6 carries a week for 6 million gold per carry. that's 24 million a week for 12-16 weeks. I don't know how much they borrowed though
    Compexity-Limit spent 257 million, no clue how much was borrowed though, and method probably spent more

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    lol welcome to retail wow, where its actually pointless to put any effort cuz nothing matters, cath ch up exists with PATCHES now and expansions resetts everything.

    all u do is collect transmog and mounts

    fking lol.
    sorry for rant
    It makes no sense.

    Why would you do anything in a game that gets frequent updates anyway then? Why play destiny 2 if in 1 year another expansion with better gear drops?

    Expansions ALWAYS resetted everything and many people actually like that. Me included.

    With your mindeset you should wait until wow is done completly then you can take the last peice of gear and be finsihed.

    Sometimes one would think people play the game because it has fun gameplay? Not just to be the most OP. That would just be OnePunch-Man the Game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What???


    Seriously though, yes, of course BFA gear was going to become irrelevant in Shadowlands. How on earth could anyone expect anything different at this point?
    These stupid threads pop up everytime when an expansion ends... literally every time.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    How the fuck is that "spot on"?

    The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs and saved echoes for months to do something that got hotfixed in less than a week is an exception.

    And 20 tank solo mythic nzoth? It's like you chose not to read that retarded fucking sentence and just blindly agreed with the "person" that cant figure out the difference between 1 person and 20 people.
    If these extreme situations were the only thing wrong with corruptions I'd agree with you, but let's be real here these situations evolved because of the ridiculous nature of corruptions at a base level.

    I don't blame Blizzard for at least trying something new, but I'll certainly be happy if we never see anything like this being implemented again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •