Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Being right doesn't mean that it's not pointless. If you state something that is obviously right and everyone knows it, it doesn't bring any value to the discussion which makes it.. rather pointless.
    He's literally point out to OP that this is what customary happens at the end of expansions - it's not Blizzard disregarding people's grind, it's a natural part of the game that is needed to keep it balanced.

Not pointless. Obvious to everyone but OP, but still has a point, and he wanted to point it out.

lol welcome to retail wow, where its actually pointless to put any effort cuz nothing matters, cath ch up exists with PATCHES now and expansions resetts everything.

all u do is collect transmog and mounts

fking lol.
    sorry for rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    You're like 14 years late on this one buddy. Replacing raid gear with greens in TBC felt so dirty I wanted to shower.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    lol welcome to retail wow, where its actually pointless to put any effort cuz nothing matters, cath ch up exists with PATCHES now and expansions resetts everything.

fking lol.
    sorry for rant
    That's just WoW period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Spot on. Corruption has really been flawed is many ways.
    How the fuck is that "spot on"?

The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs and saved echoes for months to do something that got hotfixed in less than a week is an exception.

And 20 tank solo mythic nzoth? It's like you chose not to read that retarded fucking sentence and just blindly agreed with the "person" that cant figure out the difference between 1 person and 20 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I'm pretty sure they knew that when they let us buy whichever ones we wanted. This is the "fuck it, have fun" part of the expansion.
    That was basically their reason for not fixing the truth bug people were having fun exploiting in pvp. "Fuck it."

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Pretty much used to it, but wouldn't mind Blizzard borrowing POE's system where they implement certain stuff from each season into the core game.
    Let's rather not. POE's entire system is polluted with over 10 different kind of leagues and currencies and it's a huge fucking mess

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs
    You don't go to 2.5k by "getting lucky" within a day.

Like mate, this is basic shit, if you manage to climb the ladder with a strat relying on RNG that high and that quickly, this means that the odds are within your favor.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    this is like the time that I grinded Siege of Orgrimmar for loot only to have it replaced by level 93! THOSE BASTARDS! or the time when I fully geared my character in heroic HFC gear at the end of WoD only to have it rendered useless by level 104 in Legion! THOSE BASTARDS! or the time when I pumped all the AP i could into my artifact weapon and used it extensively to help clear the raids of the expansion only to have all my work undone at the end of the expansion! THOSE BASTARDS!

edit: to actually answer the OP, no it's not a waste of time because we got to use the corruptions extensively this expansion. and no, essences, the neck and azerite powers are not going away they are staying but you cannot use them in Shadowlands. which means if you choose to you can use them in timewalking (same goes for the Legion legendaries, hell any past expansion legendary provided that they were obtained during or after the expansion being featured in timewalking) - hell my Paladin uses Shadowmourne when doing Wrath and BC timewalking
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-07-12 at 03:09 PM.

Silly newbie, it's been like that since the first expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I have some doubts Method is gonna pay their debt off.
    I mean they had 3-4 months before their rep dropped to make back the gold. they could easily sell 4-6 carries a week for 6 million gold per carry. that's 24 million a week for 12-16 weeks. I don't know how much they borrowed though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon
    What???

Seriously though, yes, of course BFA gear was going to become irrelevant in Shadowlands. How on earth could anyone expect anything different at this point?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-07-12 at 03:47 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Its not a waste of time because so long as I had fun playing with my raid group then its fine. All the gear/Ap/Corruptions/etc are just a means to an end. Hell, gear has been and always will be the original borrowed power. Its been like that since the beginning.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping we could still at least use corruption to blast through timewalking stuff.
    Kupo.

If anything this is why I think player housing should be a thing. Somewhere to customise and show off your achievements each expansion that continues with you through into new content. Right now every grind becomes pointless as soon as a new expansion hits. If we at least got a trophy for reaching AP cap or something that we could put in houses, then it'd at least give us something to keep from that time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean they had 3-4 months before their rep dropped to make back the gold. they could easily sell 4-6 carries a week for 6 million gold per carry. that's 24 million a week for 12-16 weeks. I don't know how much they borrowed though
    Compexity-Limit spent 257 million, no clue how much was borrowed though, and method probably spent more

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post

fking lol.
    sorry for rant
    It makes no sense.

Why would you do anything in a game that gets frequent updates anyway then? Why play destiny 2 if in 1 year another expansion with better gear drops?

Expansions ALWAYS resetted everything and many people actually like that. Me included.

With your mindeset you should wait until wow is done completly then you can take the last peice of gear and be finsihed.

Sometimes one would think people play the game because it has fun gameplay? Not just to be the most OP. That would just be OnePunch-Man the Game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What???

Seriously though, yes, of course BFA gear was going to become irrelevant in Shadowlands. How on earth could anyone expect anything different at this point?
    These stupid threads pop up everytime when an expansion ends... literally every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    How the fuck is that "spot on"?

The 1! person who got lucky with stars procs and saved echoes for months to do something that got hotfixed in less than a week is an exception.

And 20 tank solo mythic nzoth? It's like you chose not to read that retarded fucking sentence and just blindly agreed with the "person" that cant figure out the difference between 1 person and 20 people.
    If these extreme situations were the only thing wrong with corruptions I'd agree with you, but let's be real here these situations evolved because of the ridiculous nature of corruptions at a base level.

I don't blame Blizzard for at least trying something new, but I'll certainly be happy if we never see anything like this being implemented again.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not pointless, he's right.

Gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion.
    Tier sets with great set bonuses and gemslots from forever say hi.
    Legendaries say hi.
    Legiondaries (partly) say hi.
    God OP trinkets from forever say hi.
    Basically this has never happened before. And the reason this is happening is becuase this system was a clownfiesta from the get go.
    A character with the best gear poosible from the previous expansion was always ahead in leveling in the new expac. They never had to think on switching to greens, and had to think twice to equip a blue quest reward.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Compexity-Limit spent 257 million, no clue how much was borrowed though, and method probably spent more
    well the figures I quoted based on the max gives them 384 million gold

All the people disingenously arguing "who would have thought previoues expansion gear getting replaced by greens herp derp".

Thats not the point that is being made, it's the fact that said grind time is being made irrelevant before the expansion is released or we get a chance to experience said content.
    Legiondaries weren't removed prior to stepping foot into kul'tiras. Sure the artifacts were powered down in a bs move.

For those claiming this has always happened please provide some further examples rather than some asinine dismissal because you fail to understand someones argument.

it's not like tier set bonuses were removed in vanilla, tbc or wrath upon releasing the pre-patch for the next expansion, there is a big difference between replacing in new content or it being made invalid in new content but to remove it from "current content" completely is a bad move.

Imagine the uproar if the brutosaur was removed from all those who had bought come pre-patch, rather than just the ability to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    It makes no sense.

Why would you do anything in a game that gets frequent updates anyway then? Why play destiny 2 if in 1 year another expansion with better gear drops?

Expansions ALWAYS resetted everything and many people actually like that. Me included.

With your mindeset you should wait until wow is done completly then you can take the last peice of gear and be finsihed.

Sometimes one would think people play the game because it has fun gameplay? Not just to be the most OP. That would just be OnePunch-Man the Game.

- - - Updated - - -

These stupid threads pop up everytime when an expansion ends... literally every time.
    in wows case i dont think its possible to do otherwise, it used to be that expansions resets were fine cuz that was always the norm
    but now resets happen every patch, it removes the fun ( for me at least ) and makes everything eelse pointless.