Poll: Which elf faction/race is the best/favourite?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I voted both Night elves and "Blizzard doesn't do elves well", i started playing WoW during Vanilla, wanting to play a powerful Night elf (My NE warrior has been my main ever since), and then as the expansions passed and the storyline progressed, well... You know the rest.
    All to well friend, all too well

Nightborne I guess.
    I love the arcane theme, the looks and the culture.

I do miss a cliche wood-elf though.
    NightElf doesnt do it for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves ofc, kinda sad they are washing them down with the reignited Sunwell bullshit instead of sticking to that cool identity they had in TBC, but they are cooler anyways.

Btw High elves are getting a HIGH amount of votes, I can see some people getting pissed off about it, sorry not sorry, their own fault.

Void elf because their aesthetic is awesome, and they're great weapons against the void, being they know so much about it and have experience resisting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    High Elves. I like the whole sleek, regal, intelligent, and clean nature. Though this is true of all elves to some extent, high elves are the platonic ideal of it to me.

On top of that, I like how the high elves cared about nature and spirits without being completely "one with the land" like night elves are.
    I also love high elves, even asked for them to be playable back around the time Wrath was announced!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves, i like their architecture and their story, the Sanlayn by extension too as they share story and most architecture

Ww, these polls are shown g interesting data. Of 208 voters top choices in order so far are

1. Blood Elves (61)
    2. Night elves (60)
    3. High Elf (43)
    4. Nightborne and void elf tie (30)
    6. San'layn/Dark rangers (19)
    7. Naga (15)
    8. Highborne (12)
    9. Illidari NElf and NElf Worgen tie (11)
    11. Cenarians and Satyr tie (9)
    13. Fal'dorei (4)
    14. Fel elf and Wretched (3)

If you ask me, biggest surprise is how popular high elf is, beating both Void elf and Nightborne playable options

I'm surprised how low Illidari Night elves are, expected them to be way more popular - but then they have so little exposure, saying that DH class is popular. I expected Highborne to be a little higher, but then with Shen'dralar/Moonguard and Farondis the only examples in game and having such a small impact, mostly
    In books might explain the low awareness.

Biggest shock is how low the Fel elf is considering it's the blood elf Illidari in it, I guess lore wise they are really not popular, gaining as many votes as wretched.

Elf haters are much lower than I thought.

The polls do tell me the following:
    1. BELF crowd are much louder than they are, I expected a clear majority, but sometimes night elves had more votes.
    2. Interest in blood elves as Illidari fel elves is not that popular.

I would have liked to have Moonguard and Farondis in the pole

High Elf and Blood Elf is a divide, but the thing is - they are almost the same race. The point is, together - people do have a preference for Thalassian Elves.

Trolls are the best elf race.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If I was forced to pick 1 elf race, Nightborne. The closest to Drow they're going to get me.

Obviously the last choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

1. Nightborne
    2. Blood Elf
    3. most other elves
    XXXX. Night Elf

Night Elves. The original and best elves, obviously. Also, Highbourne and Night Elf worgen are still Night Elf

Night Elves are winning atm but if you include the subgroups of Night Elves they would be winning by a mile.

However, if you look at the comments the most vocal are Horde. Us Alliance lot don't need to shout about it.
    Last edited by Sharnie786; 2020-07-21 at 06:33 AM.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Night Elves. The original and best elves, obviously. Also, Highbourne and Night Elf worgen are still Night Elf

Night Elves are winning atm but if you include the subgroups of Night Elves they would be winning by a mile.

However, if you look at the comments the most vocal are Horde. Us Alliance lot don't need to shout about it.
    It's so true isn't it. Many hardcore horde fans, very few hardcore alliance fans - so the rhetoric is usually heavily skewed in favour of the horde, especially here.. as you've noticed in osme of the other discussions we've had on the lore forums Sharnie - can you bleieve in a couple of the night elf posts, I've been told that 990% of people disagree with me, but when I looked all off those supposed 99% were ofc hordie, and their negativity sadly managed to convince one alliance dude - because fans like yourself, Pheraz, Ardensao, Astranea, Feanoro, Mace etc don't post nearly as much on those topics as those guys do, or I do. So it's usually me against them as they continue to knock on night elves. But I'm giving up, spent too much time arguing something useless hehe. It's cos of the in game horde favouritism - i mean think of it sharnie, their races get the best assets often (i mean they were given Suramar a night elf lore thing through and through), given best racials, centre and focus of the story, all the best arena, most of the world top guilds are all horde - best m+ teams littered on the faction, the elder game is heavily skewed there, and most of the serious gamers are horde and defend it , push for it.

Now the horde has come for the alliance. too clean an image, not evil enough - the horde is shown to have a bad side, thea lliance must do to, funny most of hte people demanding this are guess what.. HORDE fans. What are alliance fans demanding? that humans not basically do and be everything for the allinace, that the other races get decent development - that's what alliance fans are asking for - horde just want the alliance to not only have the crappy end of the stick, but also become evil too.

You know what, blizzard would most likely listen thinking it's most of the plalyerbase.

Current Rankings

out of 234

1. Night Elves (71)
    2. Blood elves (67)
    3. High Elf (52)
    4. Void elf tie (34)
    5. Nightborne (32
    6. San'layn/Dark rangers (21)
    7. Highborne & Naga (16)
    9. Illidari NElf (14)
    10 NElf Worgen tie (11)
    11. Satyr tie (10)
    12. Cenarians (9)
    13. Fel Elf & Fal'dorei (4)
    14. Wretched (3)

Now Night elves over taken blood elves, high elves major gains, void elf overtaken Nightborne, Highborne still more popular than demon hunter illidari.

Void Elves, obviously. All the good stuff about Blood Elves without having to play the edgelord faction.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    lol, j/k, tired of seeing the same elf threads pop-up everywhere.
    And lately it's been the same "Azshara isn't a Night Elf and Night Elves are Wood Elves you all are just stupid and I am right even though Blizzard would literally say otherwise" Enigma guy. This shit is getting stale and old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Jesus Christ, every day an elf thread to pamper themselves you guys, why? isn't there a mega-thread or some thing?

And for the record, a dead and buried/burned to ashes elf is the best elf.
    All of them are coming from the same Belf dude lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The fact that there are so many kinds of elves is the main reason I dislike them.
    Can we have a race that is not an elf every once in a while? Lol
    Half of these aren't even races, much less subraces. OP doesn't understand the difference between a subfaction within a race and it being another race or subrace. It's stupid.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves because they are the treehuggers, I am also one!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Half of these aren't even races, much less subraces. OP doesn't understand the difference between a subfaction within a race and it being another race or subrace. It's stupid.
    Ofc I do, but you can't do multiple sub section polls, and I am also interested in seeing what sub-factions, sub races people prefer. So I allowed multiple choice so you could pick both your fave and who you thought was best, amongst the actual races, the sub-races and the sub factions

This is why races like Naga and Satyr make it under the night elf bracket, and fel elf, wretched and San'layn make it under the Thalassian elf bracket. If i had more options I would have added organisations like the Farstriders, Magisters and Blood knights. but the idea is to see what the population likes the most, given the options for polls here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Night Elves because they are the treehuggers, I am also one!
    Curious Brinto, did you vote for the Cenarians and the Night elf worgen?

Blood Elves as depicted in TBC. Ambitious but they know how where to draw the line. Also I like the fact that they are not you usual tree hugging elves depicted in most fantasy universes. Oh and also, they are Hordies 4 life! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Blood Elves as depicted in TBC. Ambitious but they know how where to draw the line. Also I like the fact that they are not you usual tree hugging elves depicted in most fantasy universes. Oh and also, they are Hordies 4 life! ^^
    Yeh, blood elves are not your typical fantasy elves are they, they are more like dark elves in their magical obsession and just plain old bad boys rebelling against hte goody two shoes high elf ideology.