Poll: Fave Troll group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've always felt when they redid the Amani model they made them TOO Beefy, they should be closer to Zul'jin, bulkier than jungle trolls but not as bulky as Drakkari

They're supposed to move around in the treetops after all.
    Twas brillig

You know what, I think we need to press 'F' for the dearly departed black sheep Troll race, the Dark Trolls of Warcraft 3.

"You never heard of da Shadowtooth Clan? No surprise, da tribe be wiped out by da Twilight's Hammer."

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You know what, I think we need to press 'F' for the dearly departed black sheep Troll race, the Dark Trolls of Warcraft 3.

"You never heard of da Shadowtooth Clan? No surprise, da tribe be wiped out by da Twilight's Hammer."
    I don't remember that , was that a cata reference?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I don't remember that , was that a cata reference?
    It's a BFA reference apparantly. New lore from one NPC that tells you the Dark Trolls (of Hyjal) were wiped out by the Twilights Hammer.

I'm really sad they didn't add the Dark Trolls to Cata either. They had some really sweet concepts of more primal-looking trolls

Last edited by Triceron; 2020-07-14 at 06:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    So, in the continuation of the poll series, with elves, here is one for trolls, another big family race.

Let's here your favourite Troll race or faction and why. Multiple choice is enabled for those few who can't decide.

I forgot Blood trolls, so please tick other for that, but specify that it's Blood trolls you mean.
    DS trolls, without a doubt. They may be among the founding races of today's Horde, but they have always felt like the proverbial red headed child. Especially after what they did to Vol'jin
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    DS trolls, without a doubt. They may be among the founding races of today's Horde, but they have always felt like the proverbial red headed child. Especially after what they did to Vol'jin
    Yeah, I'm really hoping that with Zandalari joining, and with Sandfury trolls 'unofficially' joining (Added as a customization option but not getting a separate story intro) that we see more troll specialization.
    Twas brillig

Up till 5.2 the grandest troll faction we had seen was the Drakkari, with their city-zone of Zul'drak. Despite the story of the zone being about their decline, eating their loa and whatnot, I couldn't help but marvel at the aqueducts and structures, especially the amphitheatre. It was all so grand compared to what we had seen of troll civilization before. But there was knowledge that the Zandalari were the greatest among troll-kind and 5.2 gave us our first taste of it: Grand ships and straight-standing regal trolls. The raid continued to paint the Zandalari as the patron civilization of trolls, hosting the grounds for the other tribes both in Horridon and the council fights. Clearly being subservient to the Thunder King took away from it a bit, but that went away the moment we dealt with him. Finally in BFA we got to see Zandalar proper and it was well-designed. Their civilization is in decline same as the other tribes, but now that they're with the Horde they should be set for life.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

darkspear trolls are my favorite.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Drakkari because I just love the idea of Ice Troll. I would love Ice Troll as playable race that would be kind of like Dark Iron Dwarf with elemental infused hair. Dark Iron have their hair on fire constatly. Ice Trolls would have their hair constantly Frozen in Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Amani are the only ones who are awesome thanks to Zul'jin. The rest are lame AF to me.

Hah, Amani ftw!

Love that trailer! And ROFLcopters to the engineers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Darkspear trolls, the true trolls, the original ones.

I think that condensing the various tribes in the poll under a genetic umbrella would have been better, like forest, ice, jungle etc.

Overall Forest trolls, the true original Warcraft trolls, will always be the best.
    No Troll character has been better than Zul'jin to this day and that says alot considering he had like 6 lines in WoW, no wonder he is the only Troll character in HotS.
    I'll go with Amani since they are the full flavour, Revantusk are cool but are pretty much a diet version of them.
    A shame Blizzard is still not allowing us to play as them.

Zandalari are good aswell but a bit less so, Darkspears, being diet-jungle trolls, have always been the worst overall.

Gurubashi.

I'd go with Darkspear, but they seem to lack identity at the moment, and fkn ZAPPY BOI is their main character now...
    Gurubashi doesn't have a lot of depth, but fits my ideal troll fantasy the most.

But, I love trolls. My favorite race beyond gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Amani. F**** over by everyone over and over again but somehow always coming back.

No in the horde via Zandalari? That part is still a bit weird for me

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Goldtusk of course!