Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    How hard is your life if you get so badly triggered for such a small thing?
    How easy is a better question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I already have enough alts so I could care less. That would be cool if they reimbursed us for some of the gold invested, but I severely doubt they will. Ultimately if you want gold, you'll just be told to farm or buy a WoW token. Complaining about not having an exp buff isn't going to make them undo it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Equip: Refunds all the gold you spent on this worthless trash.
    "Hey, random car dealer! You sold me this car 5 years ago for $40,000 but now it's no longer worth anything. I want my money back!"
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Come on with the "gold refund" stuff guys.
    You bought it, you used it, so you benefited from it.
    If you didn't use it, it's your own fault; I guess the moral of the story is: don't buy shit you don't intend to use.

But on topic, I don't want the xp buff removed because I've leveled through the game so many times already that anything that makes it faster is more than welcome.
    But the fact that they are persistent and upgrade as you level is still enough.
    IDGAF if I get a pair of shoulders that have +1 more AGI on them or whatever; as soon as I gain one level, the heirlooms are better (or at least equal).
    One more level and the heirlooms are king.
    Leveling is for leveling, not min/maxing gear management.

But.
    If they want to put an effect in place, do minor tertiary type stuff, like maybe:
    Cloak "Equip: Reduces the cast time of your hearthstone by 1 second".
    Chest "Equip: Grant 1% HP regen every 5 seconds".
    Legs "Equip: Your out-of-combat speed is increased by 3%".

Things like small QoL additions that help in some cases but don't make you a god.
    Deactivate them once you hit the "drop dead level" (which is 50 come Shadowlands) and then you can have the gear treadmill as you level, just like normal.
    Later in SL when they want to bump heirlooms, bump them to max level 59 effectiveness, so at level 60 you lose the bonuses in favor of the gear treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    "Hey, random car dealer! You sold me this car 5 years ago for $40,000 but now it's no longer worth anything. I want my money back!"
    Except there is no mileage or depreciation on virtual stuff. Nice attempt, though.

I think that the best replacement for heirlooms is the gold we spend on them!

Corruptions like effect. At least salvage that crap system to something useful. Wtb twilight dev while leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Heirloom gear works fine as they do. Most people who want to power level or just not care about gear, will wear Heirlooms, since it is the only gear in-game, that scales as you level up.

But if they had to add something, it would properly be more "fun" additions to the set, like giving you the Beef Tartare food buff, which increases movement speed after kill, to the cloak or chest. Every heirloom could have these funky/beneficial buffs, that makes leveling with the gear more fun, if you have done it a million times and faster without giving you directly bonus exp.
    Not like I need to care about gear while leveling now...you get plenty of it during questing. I got heirlooms because of xp boost and now makes the gear worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Not like I need to care about gear while leveling now...you get plenty of it during questing. I got heirlooms because of xp boost and now makes the gear worthless
    I am pretty sure everyone got their heirlooms for the XP boost.

I was also thinking procs or something to help leveling (that do not work in PvP or are drastically reduce)..but with how many heirloom slots there are now, that is a lot of random procs or such.

Maybe a set bonus of some kind would be nice. Make all heirlooms part of one set, with set bonuses at 2, 4, and 8 pieces or such.

Some random examples, but sure with some thought even better ones could be made up:
    Two piece could be base movement speed increase or such, four piece could be some kind of cooldown reduction, maybe like the IT corruption. 8 piece could be a flat stat increase to all secondary stats, maybe 10%? Just not primary stat that is boring compared to more crit/haste/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You say that, but they could very easily add effects that would be valuable without the need for the exp increase. Movement speed/mounted speed, small proc/on-use effects(like the BoA neck from Legion), faster gathering, or effects that lower your cooldowns.
    that would have to be one insane effect if they want me to spend 10k+ per upgrade or w/e it'll be next expansion.

i'm willing to pay the premium for upgrades if it get's me a significant reduction in leveling time, but if that's not happening why would i pay so much for an item a character is going to wear a few days at most. 10% mount speed or a damage proc ain't gonna cut hours off like the old heirlooms did.

How easy is a better question.
    Certainly sounds like somebody who never had to deal with any actual issues.

Except there is no mileage or depreciation on virtual stuff. Nice attempt, though.
    Sure is. You got to benefit from it, that counts against you. Mileage isn't just about the car detoriating from use, it's also about the car enabling you to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Certainly sounds like somebody who never had to deal with any actual issues.

Sure is. You got to benefit from it, that counts against you. Mileage isn't just about the car detoriating from use, it's also about the car enabling you to move around.
    By this logic they can take away my mounts, pets, toys, whatever, because yes, I bought it, but I had my time to enjoy it and now they want it back, and lol it only costed gold (ie ingame currency) lolololol... This is a silly argument and you probably know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    By this logic they can take away my mounts, pets, toys, whatever, because yes, I bought it, but I had my time to enjoy it and now they want it back, and lol it only costed gold (ie ingame currency) lolololol... This is a silly argument and you probably know it.
    Yes, they can. I'm not sure why you think that is somehow a counterargument.

I doubt they would unless they have some cause and reason, but they most definitely can and it is covered by the EULA and ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that would have to be one insane effect if they want me to spend 10k+ per upgrade or w/e it'll be next expansion.

i'm willing to pay the premium for upgrades if it get's me a significant reduction in leveling time, but if that's not happening why would i pay so much for an item a character is going to wear a few days at most. 10% mount speed or a damage proc ain't gonna cut hours off like the old heirlooms did.
    You won't? This is such a misguided comment, with the level cap dropping to 50, that means heirlooms are baseline 1-50 with no upgrade purchases. So I'm not sure where your bad information is coming from, but you might want to get a reality check.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, they can. I'm not sure why you think that is somehow a counterargument.

I doubt they would unless they have some cause and reason, but they most definitely can and it is covered by the EULA and ToS.
    This is not about tos and eula jeez. This is about "decency" and fairness. Taking away stuff from players this way is a really really sucky move.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't? This is such a misguided comment, with the level cap dropping to 50, that means heirlooms are baseline 1-50 with no upgrade purchases.
    Is there info about this? Or is this only your assumption?

You won't? This is such a misguided comment, with the level cap dropping to 50, that means heirlooms are baseline 1-50 with no upgrade purchases. So I'm not sure where your bad information is coming from, but you might want to get a reality check.
    i don't care about leveling 1-50, i want 50-60 to be faster. and i'm sure you will have to upgrade them for that section.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is not about tos and eula jeez. This is about "decency" and fairness. Taking away stuff from players this way is a really really sucky move.
    No, this is mostly about entitlement. People are demanding back their full investment despite using and benefiting from their purchases. Taking things from players this way is an inevitability in a server based game.

You do realise that eventually, the servers will be shut down and you won't be reimbursed for past playtime, yes?

Couple of questions to some of the comments I've seen in this thread:

1.) To those that say they've upgraded EVERY/MOST heirlooms, I simply ask; Why? You don't need multiple sets of Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate, and you can easily get by with a subset of weapons (regular and garrosh), and you only need so many trinkets upgraded. So what compels you to upgrade more heirlooms than necessary?

2.) To those that say they upgraded heirlooms in preparation for SL; Have you upgraded things to 120 now and not made use of them? Were you saving all your fresh alts for SL exclusively? I just don't understand if you spent all the gold now to upgrade something you weren't going to use for, at the time, upwards of a year.

Otherwise, to everyone demanding gold, you aren't going to get it. Blizzard has made many changes that people considered a "slap in the face" to those that paid for it in the past. Everytime it's always been the, "you got the benefit out of it" line. Which honestly, I agree with. Heirloom upgrades have been around for quite some time, having gold spent on them for many expansions. The whole purpose of them having the cost they do was to remove gold from the economy. They have both served the purpose of the purchaser (increased leveling every time they used it) and removing gold from the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i don't care about leveling 1-50, i want 50-60 to be faster. and i'm sure you will have to upgrade them for that section.
    That upgrade won't come for some time. Remember, the upgrades for the current xpac come good bit into that xpac (about 6 months for bfa and 10 months for legion)
    Last edited by themaster24; 2020-07-14 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    That upgrade won't come for quite some time. Remember, the upgrades for the current xpac come WELL into that xpac.
    Yeah just like it always has. and just like always i don't level the bulk of my characters until that point in the xpac anyways.

Honestly half the reason i level a lot of characters anyways is because of the combination of heirlooms + easy leveling trick/reduced exp. And while 1-50 might become a lot faster to level baseline, i kinda expect 50-60 will take just as long as the current expansion leveling always has. So honestly if heirlooms don't give exp anymore, there's a good chance i simply won't bother anymore past 2-3 alts unless/until they put in some reward like mage tower/class campaigns again.