Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    The Lightbringer De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    3,380
    As it stands currently: Exp buff + Exp potion + Full heirlooms = 25-30 hours from 1-120.
    Shadowlands Goal: 1-60 in 20 hours without any experience buffs.

    Now, I'm not a mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that Shadowlands has a friendlier leveling plan.

    As someone who has spent a few hundred thousand gold on heirlooms over the years, I am fully okay with the experience buff being removed if it means balancing leveling out for everyone. Gear that scales with me so I never have to trade out while I level is good enough for me. Any effects they put on it will only be icing.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Lyndreya, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Gearsi(A)

  2. #282
    Stood in the Fire SNES-1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    351
    -Movement speed bonus
    -Mounted speed bonus
    -Daze immunity (outside PvP)
    -Reduced hearth cooldown
    -Increased reputation gains (up to current content)
    -Built-in Goblin Glider / Avianna's Feather
    -Increased gold rewards (up to current content)
    -Increased swim speed
    -Decreased major ability cooldowns (up to current content)
    -Increased rested exp gauge fill rate (instead of flat bonus)
    -Increased damage to beasts/humanoids/demons/etc (depending on trinket or whatever)
    -Double speed when taking a flight path (up to current content)
    Kupo.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I always deal in long term, I don't want to keep applying bandaids


    Nor does anyone



    Or they could say "you know what, level squish was stupid, next xpac you'll be questing to level 130"

    And talking about shit 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation. They'll never say "level squish was stupid" because they've never said that about item level squishes or stat squishes, it'll be the exact same for level squish.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    What I'm comparing is that if people buy something in game, they cannot expect that that service or item then retains that same price going forward. If I buy a 475 mythic item with corruption and a socket for 800k at the start of 8.3, I cannot expect it to stay that same price going forward. Same thing with heirlooms, I bought them when I did because I wanted the boost at the time. I know that they could have changed it at any point and that's fine, I knew that when buying any item or service that at any point they can change the price in the future.

    Also what I'm comparing is that literally anything in this game where the price was reduced or the service provided by the item was going to be nerfed in a future patch, there is always a group of people that bitch and whine and piss and moan.
    Services are toooootally different than items (collectibles).

  5. #285
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,630
    The only good thing in herloom is the fact that it scales with level so you dont need to think much about replacing gear. But sometimes its not optimal gear so you have to wear loo anyway.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    They dont need to consistently be bis, they just need to be consistent, which they are
    Agree with this. There won't ever be a moment where your gear is 5-10 levels behind, you will always feel strong.

  7. #287
    It probably won't happen because they'd have to continually update them every xpac if a class gets changes but I think it'd be really fun and cool if you could get a unique tier set bonus (turned off in PVP) on heirloom items instead of the XP so that you could have an easier time leveling without just % XP increase. Or maybe just something generic like Corruption item effects so that they don't need to take into effect class/spec abilities and spells.

  8. #288
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,905
    I feel like nothin is nececery since having an item that scales with you for basically the entire leveling process is already a powerful enough bonus.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    And talking about shit 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation.
    I think conversing about how to make the game its best at the moment with no consideration for 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation

    They'll never say "level squish was stupid" because they've never said that about item level squishes or stat squishes, it'll be the exact same for level squish.
    Anything is possible

    - - - Updated - - -

    And yo, fuck "you'll still feel strong" XP bitches XP speed, what do you think is the point of that strength? To mow through mobs to get through them quicker.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  10. #290
    Chest + Legs = grants 1% crit for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Crit
    Head + Shoulders = grants 1% haste for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Haste
    Cloak + Ring = grants 2% movement speed for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 20% Movment speed

    So you get more XP because you can kill stuff faster.

  11. #291
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post
    Chest + Legs = grants 1% crit for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Crit
    Head + Shoulders = grants 1% haste for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Haste
    Cloak + Ring = grants 2% movement speed for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 20% Movment speed

    So you get more XP because you can kill stuff faster.
    that might learn to close to OP for pvp
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I think conversing about how to make the game its best at the moment with no consideration for 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation
    The game drastically changes expansion to expansion, bitching about what could be in 2-4 years is a massive waste of conversation. You can disagree, but your opinion is statistically and factually incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The game drastically changes expansion to expansion, bitching about what could be in 2-4 years is a massive waste of conversation. You can disagree, but your opinion is statistically and factually incorrect.
    If you say so lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I think conversing about how to make the game its best at the moment with no consideration for 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation



    Anything is possible

    - - - Updated - - -

    And yo, fuck "you'll still feel strong" XP bitches XP speed, what do you think is the point of that strength? To mow through mobs to get through them quicker.
    So the game, as it stands right now, in 8.3, is perfectly fine by your example, but something you don't know about years from now "we must change that before knowing what other changes are coming before that!" is your concern?

  15. #295
    I've been leveling with a friend of mine who's never played wow before and not using heirlooms is amazing. I'm pretty excited that they won't feel mandatory.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Orumden View Post
    So the game, as it stands right now, in 8.3, is perfectly fine by your example
    Stuff like this is tricky, how I feel about the game and how you feel about the game are likely going to be different because of playstyle differences.

    but something you don't know about years from now "we must change that before knowing what other changes are coming before that!" is your concern?
    Well since we like to rest on precedent in this thread there has never been a case where levels weren't increased so going off history I would say it's an absolute certainty that levels are going to be increased so it would also be a valid concern to worry about leveling speed in the future.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The game drastically changes expansion to expansion, bitching about what could be in 2-4 years is a massive waste of conversation. You can disagree, but your opinion is statistically and factually incorrect.
    Honestly, from how they talked about the new leveling system, it sounds an awful lot like their intention is that we will always level 10 - (Previous Xpac Level Cap) in the xpac of our choice. So, whatever follows SL would present a system where we would level 10-60 in say MoP, and all the quest xp would be adjusted accordingly to keep us on the same pace as the current 10-50.

    This would make whatever changes they make to heirlooms now continue to be relevant throughout the life of the game without any "XP" issues.

  18. #298
    Talent points

    If you're leveling your second + character you can get access to more of your kit earlier. As you hit each talent tier you "unlock" an heirloom spot for non-heirloom upgrades because you won't need as many talent points so you'll still have a little power bump at each 15 levels. Maybe make the stats weaker than average gear so there's still a trade off. Obviously some talents won't work without later pieces of your kit but generally at least one per row should be useful and since heirlooms are supposed to target more experienced players it shouldn't be a concern if the choices are a little overwhelming.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    that might learn to close to OP for pvp
    then remove the honor part and your good to go.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Well since we like to rest on precedent in this thread there has never been a case where levels weren't increased so going off history I would say it's an absolute certainty that levels are going to be increased so it would also be a valid concern to worry about leveling speed in the future.
    That's not the point. You state you try to think of things in the long term. But you're actually not, you're completely bypassing anything that may change during beta or during Shadowlands itself. As if it's set in stone and the only way to rewrite it is shattering the stone and getting new ones. While Blizzard seems to be more of the mindset that things are penciled in and can easily be changed. Plus, the fact that as we see, they can change heirlooms, so there's nothing to stop them from if we do get inflated levels again, they can then change them as they see fit. Because Blizzard has it stated in the EULA that they have the right to make any changes to anything within the game that they see fit, including things to try and balance the game out.

    Coupled with the fact that we have never gotten a level squish, so saying you can say with Certainty that each expansion following Shadowlands will raise levels is a falacy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •