Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've spent A LOT of gold upgrading all my heirlooms. If they're going to remove the only reason I upgraded them then I deserve my gold back. Because had Blizzard said that they would have eventually removed the experience boost then I never would have bothered upgrading them.
    You got to use them and they aren't being taken away from you. You have no case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be replaced by a "+5000% gold" to counter the thousands of gold we spent for nothing

speed seems popular but I don't think it would work well in groups for the people that didn't have it thus causing issues. I'd say faster caster times, less chance at being interrupted by taking dmg, shorter CD on hearthstone. maybe one could act as hearthstone to a capital city?

personally I'm looking forward to getting new gear while lvling again!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Fun buffs or just random stat increases to spice it up. Move speed increase is an example. It would make levelling faster that way without the xp buff but it would be funnier. I mean it's already a joke now so they can go wild

i would like them to increase movement speed . Running speed and mounted speed .

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold generation from quests below level 50

Reputation gain increased from quests below level 50

Tertiary stats (Indestructible and one of Leech or Speed)
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their time has come and gone. I hope they become forgotten. Good riddance.

Leveling is already piss easy as it is and quest rewards are fucking great right now.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they stay consistent, then nothing else is needed.

What I really want though, would be reputation buff.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They nerfed the stats in BfA. with the removal of an exp buff, they're literally worthless now.
    Good, they shouldn't be mandatory, they should be consistent gear for those that want to turn off their brains while leveling.

Yeah cauz what the game needs right now is a MASSIVE pile of gold poured into the game effectively inflating prices across the board and leaving the poor sods who didn't buy heirlooms in the dust not being able to afford anything on the AH.

You bought the heirlooms for the XP buff, you've used them to level up toons, they are being removed, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    They dont need to consistently be bis, they just need to be consistent, which they are
    Big true. You might go a few levels without getting loot unless you’re questing. There have been times where i just dungeon grind and dont even fill all my nonloom slots.

There are a lot of useful things to be put in place of the XP bonus:
    - Movement speed bonus
    - 200% more gold rewarded from quests
    - 100% more reputation when a quest reward such a thing. This would make heirlooms interesting even for people that are level capped, but want to complete the rep bars from previous expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Maybe something like mounted speed, Double the rested buff window or shorter hearthstonde cd?
    I don't think I have used my hearthstone more than 4 times when I level from 1-120...
    I also barely used the tested buff at all. The XP from the looms was always valuable.

The ONLY way this is a good change is if they get rid of the upgrade gold sinks and let them automatically scale to max level if you have a character of max level. If they take stuff away and still expect us to pay gold to "upgrade" them then it is a spit in everyone's face.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-07-13 at 02:37 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Add a glider to the cloak? Rocket boots?

I know gliders are easy to buy, but just in case people forget. And I don't want to invalidate professions, but maybe that's the flavor you can add to these - they're temporary versions of max level items you can make.

Maybe a second hearthstone or SW/Org only hearthstone? Brand new player with no guild doesn't have the cloaks yet....
    Last edited by SirReal; 2020-07-13 at 02:55 PM.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Add a glider to the cloak? Rocket boots?

I know gliders are easy to buy, but just in case people forget. And I don't want to invalidate professions, but maybe that's the flavor you can add to these - they're temporary versions of max level items you can make.
    Ooo glider is a good one I like that. The kinds of things people can get either way, but heirlooms making it simpler/more accessible. I like procs from weapons and the set bonus suggestions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    I really feel like this thread has already got to be going somewhere and I just can't find it, but in case I'm wrong I'd like to start it and hear some people's opinions.

What are some effects you think should replace the XP bonuses on Heirlooms?

The first obvious thing that came to my mind was 5% movement speed on legs. Maybe there's concern about people using that to facilitate farming, but at the very least this can expire after the last scalable level just like the XP bonus would.

P.S. This isn't about whether or not you like the change, just what you'd replace the XP bonus with.
    to me, there is no effect that could be as useful as XP
    HOWEVER, i think they should go different way - heirloom armor/weapon upgraded to max shoul get new different, UNIQUE look, and perhaps if you have certain amount of them upgraded to max a mount would be nice (nothing too fancy, perhaps the motorcycle without chauffer)

they would still be there for people who want scaling gear, and people who spend a lot of gold on them and get shafted would get at least something for it

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    to me, there is no effect that could be as useful as XP
    HOWEVER, i think they should go different way - heirloom armor/weapon upgraded to max shoul get new different, UNIQUE look, and perhaps if you have certain amount of them upgraded to max a mount would be nice (nothing too fancy, perhaps the motorcycle without chauffer)

they would still be there for people who want scaling gear, and people who spend a lot of gold on them and get shafted would get at least something for it
    I really hope they retire the upgrades. The new world of leveling is basically divided into 2, new and old, whereas it's currently multiple layers/steps. I'm sure some people would like a refund for the upgrades alone if they do that, but I don't personally care. Either way Heirlooms will only be relevant during a single holistic leveling stretch, so I don't see the need to keep its efficacy so divided via upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    I really hope they retire the upgrades. The new world of leveling is basically divided into 2, new and old, whereas it's currently multiple layers/steps. I'm sure some people would like a refund for the upgrades alone if they do that, but I don't personally care. Either way Heirlooms will only be relevant during a single holistic leveling stretch, so I don't see the need to keep its efficacy so divided via upgrades.
    they could still do that, just make the reward FoS and remove upgrades

I could see rep bonus for previous expansion content or something divided by slots like:

Helm - chance to heal on hit
    Pants - movement speed 5%
    etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.