Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orumden View Post
    What damage does it do to remove it?
    Lowers its value

The items still scale, they're working on something to replace the exp bonus.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with that is equivalent to or better than xp

So, all those levels after 80 mean you gain something besides 2 talent points? As compared to Shadowlands, where in the interview where they said the heirlooms wouldn't give exp bonus anymore, they stated that they expect level 1-50 to take between 10-20 hours and fully expect people to find ways to do it faster, you get something unlocked with each level 1-60, a new skill, a feature unlocked, a talent point.
    That's what I'm saying. If it takes longer to level now than it will in SL how does that mean that leveling makes it feel like you've earned something in SL? Wouldn't it seem like more of an accomplishment to level now vs in SL?

My argument is, like I said, if you're going to make an argument, at least make it comparable. Mine is based on common sense they would be utterly stupid to do a level squish one expansion, then do a complete 180 and add in 70 levels for the next and have to reshuffle every ability out again.
    Never underestimate lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is not about tos and eula jeez. This is about "decency" and fairness. Taking away stuff from players this way is a really really sucky move.
    Except they aren’t just taking it away and giving you nothing. We know they are adding other effects in place of the xp boost.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Except they aren’t just taking it away and giving you nothing. We know they are adding other effects in place of the xp boost.
    But what could they add that's an equivalent exchange? I've been thinking about this for days now since the official forums have like 35 threads about heirlooms going and I can't think of anything outside of extreme power boosts that would be as beneficial.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But what could they add that's an equivalent exchange? I've been thinking about this for days now since the official forums have like 35 threads about heirlooms going and I can't think of anything outside of extreme power boosts that would be as beneficial.
    Things that will make it faster but not give extra xp - increased damage done, faster movement/mount speed, double rested xp. There’s lots of options

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Things that will make it faster but not give extra xp - increased damage done, faster movement/mount speed, double rested xp. There’s lots of options
    Yeah I said this on another forum, the buffs they'd have to give to equal 50% xp would make looms quite powerful and I can already see the QQ threads on the forums for low level BGs.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Damn you mad
    Yes, as someone who DOES know Latin and has studied it, your attempts to look like an intellectual by quoting bullshit Latin pisses me off to no avail. Now, like I said, go read the Aeneid if you're so good at it. Come back to me when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Yes, as someone who DOES know Latin and has studied it, your attempts to look like an intellectual by quoting bullshit Latin pisses me off to no avail. Now, like I said, go read the Aeneid if you're so good at it. Come back to me when you're done.
    What set boni would you like to see?

Doesn't leveling 1-50 take like 5 hours on the beta? Usually I'd be annoyed at this sort of needless change, but they're seemingly reducing the amount of time it takes to level through old content by a huge amount so the XP bonus on heirlooms is kinda redundant. As for what should replace it, I've no idea. If leveling is fast anyway, I don't really care what happens to them.

(I've spent more on them than most, but it is what it is. I spent 7k on getting dual-spec on multiple characters when it was 1k each & that hurt me a lot more relative to the time than the gold I spent on heirlooms in the past few expansions )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Except there is no mileage or depreciation on virtual stuff. Nice attempt, though.
    You mean like the 1,000g dual spec option that changed to 10g and then people like you kept bitching about how "omg I want my money back!"

How about the gender appearance becoming free in barbershop. Should everyone that paid for the service in the past 13 years or so be refunded their full amount? If you bought the service at the time, you pay the price at the time. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't buy it. Stop acting like a Karen.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    What set boni would you like to see?
    AAaaaaaand reported for trolling. Moderators, if this isn't a clear-cut example of someone trying to rile up someone else, while contributing nothing to the topic at hand, then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    AAaaaaaand reported for trolling. Moderators, if this isn't a clear-cut example of someone trying to rile up someone else, while contributing nothing to the topic at hand, then I don't know what is.
    Wait wait wait wait wait. Where is YOUR contribution to the topic? I made one. All you made is just get mad and talk shit!

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I personally view it as the xp buff we had before is now being baked into leveling in general, and we're getting something new. It would appear I'm in the minority, but eh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    This is the crux.

I agree the exp buff will be baked into 1-50 leveling.
    I do not agree the exp buff will be baked into 50-60 leveling.

Now some new effect is nice to have ofc, but if it's only going to turn leveling 50-60 from say 20 dungeon runs to 18 dungeon runs, then why bother.
    And if it reduces it by more than that, then everybody would cry that the powerful effects would be disabled once you reach max level and you'd get issues again where a low level exp locked character is extremely strong.

So it's probably going to end up like: for a 3 hour flight, do you really want to pay the premium for a business class seat? it's going to suck either way so might as well save the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    You mean like the 1,000g dual spec option that changed to 10g and then people like you kept bitching about how "omg I want my money back!"

How about the gender appearance becoming free in barbershop. Should everyone that paid for the service in the past 13 years or so be refunded their full amount? If you bought the service at the time, you pay the price at the time. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't buy it. Stop acting like a Karen.
    The comparison is wrong. XP buff was a plus to everyone else in the game who didn't have heirlooms. Now they normalize it so everyone can access it (if you look it likethat with faster leveling). With the xp buff you'd be still faster than others.
    How is this comparable to dual spec becoming free or gender change becoming free? What's plus in being a girl/boy for x dollar or changing from demonology to affliction in that era of the game? (We used to get free talent resets with every big patch).
    it is not just about paid gold.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-07-15 at 02:51 PM.

On the Chestpiece (or anywhere else rly) I would love to see something like that Whistle, which you can use to bring to to the closest FP. In some areas, we know that thing exists, but in everything older it just doesnt. It would speed up leveling very much and make it way more comfortable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The comparison is wrong. XP buff was a plus to everyone else in the game who didn't have heirlooms. Now they normalize it so everyone can access it (if you look it likethat with faster leveling). With the xp buff you'd be still faster than others.
    How is this comparable to dual spec becoming free or gender change becoming free? What's plus in being a girl/boy for x dollar or changing from demonology to affliction in that era of the game? (We used to get free talent resets with every big patch).
    it is not just about paid gold.
    What I'm comparing is that if people buy something in game, they cannot expect that that service or item then retains that same price going forward. If I buy a 475 mythic item with corruption and a socket for 800k at the start of 8.3, I cannot expect it to stay that same price going forward. Same thing with heirlooms, I bought them when I did because I wanted the boost at the time. I know that they could have changed it at any point and that's fine, I knew that when buying any item or service that at any point they can change the price in the future.

Also what I'm comparing is that literally anything in this game where the price was reduced or the service provided by the item was going to be nerfed in a future patch, there is always a group of people that bitch and whine and piss and moan.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Luckily you're not in charge of anything nor have a say in it.
    So it's a non-issue really.
    Luckily you're not that important and neither is your opinion. So it's a non-issue really.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it stands currently: Exp buff + Exp potion + Full heirlooms = 25-30 hours from 1-120.
    Shadowlands Goal: 1-60 in 20 hours without any experience buffs.

Now, I'm not a mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that Shadowlands has a friendlier leveling plan.

As someone who has spent a few hundred thousand gold on heirlooms over the years, I am fully okay with the experience buff being removed if it means balancing leveling out for everyone. Gear that scales with me so I never have to trade out while I level is good enough for me. Any effects they put on it will only be icing.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

5+ Year Old Account
    -Movement speed bonus
    -Mounted speed bonus
    -Daze immunity (outside PvP)
    -Reduced hearth cooldown
    -Increased reputation gains (up to current content)
    -Built-in Goblin Glider / Avianna's Feather
    -Increased gold rewards (up to current content)
    -Increased swim speed
    -Decreased major ability cooldowns (up to current content)
    -Increased rested exp gauge fill rate (instead of flat bonus)
    -Increased damage to beasts/humanoids/demons/etc (depending on trinket or whatever)
    -Double speed when taking a flight path (up to current content)
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I always deal in long term, I don't want to keep applying bandaids

Nor does anyone

Or they could say "you know what, level squish was stupid, next xpac you'll be questing to level 130"

And talking about shit 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation. They'll never say "level squish was stupid" because they've never said that about item level squishes or stat squishes, it'll be the exact same for level squish.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    What I'm comparing is that if people buy something in game, they cannot expect that that service or item then retains that same price going forward. If I buy a 475 mythic item with corruption and a socket for 800k at the start of 8.3, I cannot expect it to stay that same price going forward. Same thing with heirlooms, I bought them when I did because I wanted the boost at the time. I know that they could have changed it at any point and that's fine, I knew that when buying any item or service that at any point they can change the price in the future.

Also what I'm comparing is that literally anything in this game where the price was reduced or the service provided by the item was going to be nerfed in a future patch, there is always a group of people that bitch and whine and piss and moan.
    Services are toooootally different than items (collectibles).