Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing in herloom is the fact that it scales with level so you dont need to think much about replacing gear. But sometimes its not optimal gear so you have to wear loo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    They dont need to consistently be bis, they just need to be consistent, which they are
    Agree with this. There won't ever be a moment where your gear is 5-10 levels behind, you will always feel strong.

It probably won't happen because they'd have to continually update them every xpac if a class gets changes but I think it'd be really fun and cool if you could get a unique tier set bonus (turned off in PVP) on heirloom items instead of the XP so that you could have an easier time leveling without just % XP increase. Or maybe just something generic like Corruption item effects so that they don't need to take into effect class/spec abilities and spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like nothin is nececery since having an item that scales with you for basically the entire leveling process is already a powerful enough bonus.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    And talking about shit 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation.
    I think conversing about how to make the game its best at the moment with no consideration for 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation

They'll never say "level squish was stupid" because they've never said that about item level squishes or stat squishes, it'll be the exact same for level squish.
    Anything is possible

- - - Updated - - -

And yo, fuck "you'll still feel strong" XP bitches XP speed, what do you think is the point of that strength? To mow through mobs to get through them quicker.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Chest + Legs = grants 1% crit for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Crit
    Head + Shoulders = grants 1% haste for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Haste
    Cloak + Ring = grants 2% movement speed for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 20% Movment speed

So you get more XP because you can kill stuff faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post
    Chest + Legs = grants 1% crit for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Crit
    Head + Shoulders = grants 1% haste for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 10% Haste
    Cloak + Ring = grants 2% movement speed for 60 sec after killing en enemy that rewards XP/Honor - This effect stacks 5 times = 20% Movment speed

So you get more XP because you can kill stuff faster.
    that might learn to close to OP for pvp
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I think conversing about how to make the game its best at the moment with no consideration for 2-4 years down the line is a waste of conversation
    The game drastically changes expansion to expansion, bitching about what could be in 2-4 years is a massive waste of conversation. You can disagree, but your opinion is statistically and factually incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The game drastically changes expansion to expansion, bitching about what could be in 2-4 years is a massive waste of conversation. You can disagree, but your opinion is statistically and factually incorrect.
    If you say so lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Anything is possible

- - - Updated - - -

And yo, fuck "you'll still feel strong" XP bitches XP speed, what do you think is the point of that strength? To mow through mobs to get through them quicker.
    So the game, as it stands right now, in 8.3, is perfectly fine by your example, but something you don't know about years from now "we must change that before knowing what other changes are coming before that!" is your concern?

I've been leveling with a friend of mine who's never played wow before and not using heirlooms is amazing. I'm pretty excited that they won't feel mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumden View Post
    So the game, as it stands right now, in 8.3, is perfectly fine by your example
    Stuff like this is tricky, how I feel about the game and how you feel about the game are likely going to be different because of playstyle differences.

but something you don't know about years from now "we must change that before knowing what other changes are coming before that!" is your concern?
    Well since we like to rest on precedent in this thread there has never been a case where levels weren't increased so going off history I would say it's an absolute certainty that levels are going to be increased so it would also be a valid concern to worry about leveling speed in the future.
    My Collection

Honestly, from how they talked about the new leveling system, it sounds an awful lot like their intention is that we will always level 10 - (Previous Xpac Level Cap) in the xpac of our choice. So, whatever follows SL would present a system where we would level 10-60 in say MoP, and all the quest xp would be adjusted accordingly to keep us on the same pace as the current 10-50.

This would make whatever changes they make to heirlooms now continue to be relevant throughout the life of the game without any "XP" issues.

Talent points

If you're leveling your second + character you can get access to more of your kit earlier. As you hit each talent tier you "unlock" an heirloom spot for non-heirloom upgrades because you won't need as many talent points so you'll still have a little power bump at each 15 levels. Maybe make the stats weaker than average gear so there's still a trade off. Obviously some talents won't work without later pieces of your kit but generally at least one per row should be useful and since heirlooms are supposed to target more experienced players it shouldn't be a concern if the choices are a little overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    that might learn to close to OP for pvp
    then remove the honor part and your good to go.

Well since we like to rest on precedent in this thread there has never been a case where levels weren't increased so going off history I would say it's an absolute certainty that levels are going to be increased so it would also be a valid concern to worry about leveling speed in the future.
    That's not the point. You state you try to think of things in the long term. But you're actually not, you're completely bypassing anything that may change during beta or during Shadowlands itself. As if it's set in stone and the only way to rewrite it is shattering the stone and getting new ones. While Blizzard seems to be more of the mindset that things are penciled in and can easily be changed. Plus, the fact that as we see, they can change heirlooms, so there's nothing to stop them from if we do get inflated levels again, they can then change them as they see fit. Because Blizzard has it stated in the EULA that they have the right to make any changes to anything within the game that they see fit, including things to try and balance the game out.

Coupled with the fact that we have never gotten a level squish, so saying you can say with Certainty that each expansion following Shadowlands will raise levels is a falacy.

Put shadow and fire resist on them. Coming for you, Nef.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Honestly, from how they talked about the new leveling system, it sounds an awful lot like their intention is that we will always level 10 - (Previous Xpac Level Cap) in the xpac of our choice. So, whatever follows SL would present a system where we would level 10-60 in say MoP, and all the quest xp would be adjusted accordingly to keep us on the same pace as the current 10-50.

This would make whatever changes they make to heirlooms now continue to be relevant throughout the life of the game without any "XP" issues.
    It would make significantly more sense to just drop players down to lv50 every expansion and then just move the current expansion to a 1-50 experience and 50-60 being the new expansion. It's significantly less tuning to just tune 1 expansion to 1-50 rather than tune 8 expansions up to 1-60.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I've always believed that heirlooms shoulda just been tokens you could use on gear to give +specific secondary stat or +base stats to keep in game low level gear relevant throughout expansions and even facilitate interesting use of old weapons/armor with neat effects for twinking.

First, I'd really rather just keep the XP boost. Yes, I know, leveling will be much faster in Shadowlands. And I want it even faster still. Until I can hit SL content in 0 minutes without paying extra money, leveling won't be fast enough. So I don't care that it might take me 15 hours to level in SL. Leveling in 9 hours is still faster than leveling in 15 hours, and that's still better. I'd rather have that. And if they made leveling just take 9 hours, I'd still want heirlooms to make it take 5 and a half.

That said, whatever benefits they add, it needs to be universal. And, unfortunately, there are very few effects they can add to make it universal. If I level through pet battles, few things will actually matter on my heirlooms. If I level through dungeons, few things will matter. Movement speed is a constant. Movement speed is always valuable. But beyond that, nothing's really going to be consistent. Mounted speed has no value in dungeons you can't mount. Hearthstone speed doesn't matter if you never move from the spot you're in. Glider effects don't matter if you just run in a circle fighting pets. You get the idea? XP increase was always relevant, because it always made leveling faster, no matter what way you chose to level in the game. Nothing else will really come close. Movement speed is about the only thing that will, and even then it's no contest.

As to the people talking about how great heirlooms still are because of their consistent value as gear while leveling... You haven't paid much attention to gear while leveling, have you? First, ilvl is meaningless with any gear that has been stat squished. They kinda threw the ilvl budgeting out the window. You can go 3-4 levels at times without your heirlooms ever increasing in power. You can see one piece of gear that has 10 stam, 15 str, 5 crit 5 haste, and another item, same rarity and ilvl, has 10 stam 10 str, 8 crit. On top of that, gear just honestly does not matter while leveling anymore. You could get a set of gear from deadmines or SFK and use it through Burning Crusade with no issue.

Typically I only bother using the heirlooms that have the XP bonus on them, as I get so many greens and blues all the time that are just better than my heirlooms, and by the time my heirlooms catch up, I've already gotten a new piece of gear. I literally can not state enough that having gear that "levels up with you" means nothing when gear itself means nothing. If you remove the XP, I wouldn't waste the time it takes to make the gear, because 1 other gear is just better and 2, even then it honestly doesn't matter at all.

That's especially true when you level via non-combat means.