Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The problem with Warcraft is that it’s Warcraft. The movie wasn’t terrible, and would of done great if not for the stigmata that it’s “that nerd game”, why I see it didn’t do so well in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Srsly, how did blizzard fail to capitalise on this? It was so addictive, captivating - it's stories, use of pop fiction pushed all the right buttons, it could have been the world of worlds - not because it was original, but because it was the only place so many of the most popular strands in modern day fiction could exist together in one universe - whether classic fantasy elves/orcs/dwarves, or the zombie apoacalypse world, the supernatural one of demons, and twilight werewolf/worgen world, it even had aliens - complete with a unique charm.

It's obvious it had a world that could go far beyond a video game. llike far.

Who knows the real scope of htis, - but they could have spanned blockbuster hits, 3-4 tv shows,, and shoudl have been ambitiously planning on a far bigger WoW2 sequel and upgrade to the first VR world.

They had what it took, their world was interesting, their stories, their races were also quite unique, and they had the momentum going - why didn't they? Or how did they fail so hard to make the leap??
    How is it not a household name? I've never had a single person tell me they haven't heard of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who is the final boss in SL?
    Dunno. Maybe it's the Cookie Monster?

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Dunno. Maybe it's the Cookie Monster?
    You’re the one who made a declarative statement that its final boss isn’t some God level threat. How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    They should make an animated series ala their cinematics. THAT would get billions of view.
    I also think that would be cool but I think those cinematics are a huge huge amount of work, not sure if it's worth it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re the one who made a declarative statement that its final boss isn’t some God level threat. How do you know?
    I said I don't know. As far as I can tell, Shadowlands is story driven. I don't get why this statement is worthy of you randomly trying to pick it apart and then get an attitude after I was joking lol, calm down.

And what I meant by story driven (before this gets picked apart) is I wanna play Shadowlands so I can see what happens with the story.
    BFA was just BFA.. Faction war.. I didn't go into it anticipating a story.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-07-23 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Srsly, how did blizzard fail to capitalise on this? It was so addictive, captivating - it's stories, use of pop fiction pushed all the right buttons, it could have been the world of worlds - not because it was original, but because it was the only place so many of the most popular strands in modern day fiction could exist together in one universe - whether classic fantasy elves/orcs/dwarves, or the zombie apoacalypse world, the supernatural one of demons, and twilight werewolf/worgen world, it even had aliens - complete with a unique charm.

It's obvious it had a world that could go far beyond a video game. llike far.

Who knows the real scope of htis, - but they could have spanned blockbuster hits, 3-4 tv shows,, and shoudl have been ambitiously planning on a far bigger WoW2 sequel and upgrade to the first VR world.

They had what it took, their world was interesting, their stories, their races were also quite unique, and they had the momentum going - why didn't they? Or how did they fail so hard to make the leap??
    Because they fucked up the movie, the story was extremely generic, cgi was garbage, acting was garbage. Even China, where the movie made the most amount of money, people forgot about the movie next week and a hong kong movie took the 1st position of box office and held it for 3 weeks straight. This kind of shit never happened for marvel and disney movies in China, they watched those movies week after week. Warcraft movie was that bad. I am not sure who was the moron that wrote screenplay but that person should be extremely ashamed. with so much material, how could that person fuck up the story so bad?
    "Why do we fight? to protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is : what is worth fighting for?"

Do you read xuanhuan/wuxia/xianxia novels? Try out : Nine Sun God King.

In order to be "household" anything there needs to be a massive exposure. For games it's already tough since they require this extra step of dedicated hardware.

Then there is a difference between something like Mario, which was tossed at you, often for free, included with just about every simple pop console back in 80s and 90s and Warcraft which always was a more exclusive club and still remains this way to this day with no console reach.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

I think that fact lends more to Shadowlands. At least Shadowlands is story driven and not about destroying perfectly graduated bosses that lead to a God final boss, because we've been doing that since WoD, if not MoP.
    Nothing in this indicates you not knowing.