Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands being on this poll is wonderfully indicative of everything that's wrong with the WoW community.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD will always be the worst. It's not because of its lore or systems though, it's because of cut content. Remember, they were trying to switch to yearly expansions at that time, which meant trying to trim the fat where ever they could to make a watered-down version of WoW that they could complete in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    Still find it wild so many people shit on MoP. Was probably the best expansion so far since TBC
    this i dont really understand, Maybe if you dont like that asian theme then maybe.i say bfa atleast in wod i saw all the good char brought back to live.Sure bfa drustvar is amazing but rest is just pure garbage.Never did i struggle to force myself to play exp like bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I had fun, because classes played so much better then. Did EN on 3 difficulties, Nighthold on 4 difficulties when Nighthold
    Yeah our guild was doing LFR runs but not because it was fun but because it added to bad luck protection. Well, no wonder our squad changed twice and guild died.

Good lord it makes me shiver to think mythic guild was organizing LFR runs.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah our guild was doing LFR runs but not because it was fun but because it added to bad luck protection. Well, no wonder our squad changed twice and guild died.

Good lord it makes me shiver to think mythic guild was organizing LFR runs.
    Shame, but for you that's not an issue, there are other guilds.? 3 guilds in BfA? Too much farming for every guild or?

But yeah, same here, just another expansion. People having to do HV all day to try to get their bis corruption. There has never been so quiet in my guild so early in a patch like 8.3. Stopped raiding effectively in April now, never stopped farm so early since I came back in WoD. Our second main tank quit during N'zoth(yes, between the wipes, sucked for him since we killed him later that night lol) because he was so burned out by all the grind in 8.3. Remember start of Legion in EN. We had twice as many players in Legion compared to early Hellfire Citadel progression(and now) and in Nighthold we had to sit out people for Heroic even, we had so many players at that time and we had 20+ in our raids all the way until end of Legion. Lost half in BfA unfortunately. But that's not strange at all, especially seeing the crap classes, Azerite Armor, no good content, and at last that Corruption made people burn out to get the right one. That 30% dps upgrade sucked not to have. People don't even care about alts since 8.2, we have maybe had 10 alt runs in BfA all together. In Legion we had alt-run each friday.

Good times that we probably never see again.

Shame, but for you that's not an issue, there are other guilds.? 3 guilds in BfA? Too much farming for every guild or?

Good times that we probably never see again.
    Good thing we won't ever see shit like legiondaries again.

WoD was the worst expansion for playing the game at current content for me. I enjoyed the Garrison gold making because I have never been one to make a lot of gold in game. Having 3 raids felt insulting to the player base (really good raids just not enough).

I never really had that many max level characters (less than 5) and in WoD I had all classes on both Horde and Alliance leveled up to 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA because of the Corruption system.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Good thing we won't ever see shit like legiondaries again.
    Nice one!

*Shadowlands arrives with legendary effects from Legion and tier bonuses which Kaminaris loves*

Corruption however, that's gone forever. Blizzard tried it and went nope, Let loot be loot. A proper 180 there. A good experiment that gave us the best result, as in:

No corruption in Shadowlands. Beta for Azeroth.

Nice one!

*Shadowlands arrives with legendary effects from Legion and tier bonuses which Kaminaris loves*

Corruption however, that's gone forever. Blizzard tried it and went nope, Let loot be loot. A proper 180 there. A good experiment that gave us the best result, as in:

There are no legendaries in shadowlands, just craftable orange gear with trinket like effects.

Meanwhile nobody said corruption-like won't return in shadowlands. Wouldn't be surprised if blizzard introduced something similar.
    And before you try to talk about what Ion said, read/watch it again, 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    MoP was the only wow xpack i never played at all, so regardless of how it played given that it failed to even sell me on giving it a try i'm going to vote for that.
    This is the single worst arguemnt I have ever seen in my entire life.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Legion was way worst than WoD and is the reason we have BfA

5+ Year Old Account
    Nice one!

No corruption, and in general no RNGforging whatsoever in Shadowlands are some of the few things that give me hope about the game maybe improving from its current dismal state.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    No corruption, and in general no RNGforging whatsoever in Shadowlands are some of the few things that give me hope about the game maybe improving from its current dismal state.
    Agree with you. Can only go up from the state the game is in atm lol.

I'd honestly rather spend the next 10 years playing WoD than spend another year in BfA. While WoD definitely lacked content, at least it respected my time in a way BfA simply doesn't.

Ion Hozikostas:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/...operId,583182/

World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014) (Lead Game Designers)
    World of WarCraft: Battle for Azeroth (2018) (Game Director)

Notice when the guy is in leading role, the expansion is most likely going to suck for a player. Lets see what Shadowlands brings to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    ^ this right here. TBC was fucking BORING, the art design was BASIC af, the rep grinds were shit, and the raids were cancer. Everyone who says its the best xpac are suffering from major brain damage.
    Or maybe everyone has different experiences and tastes.

TBC will always be the greatest x-pac for me because of it being my peak as a hardcore raider, I was in a high end guild, I was able to raid and no life the expansion unlike today, and the guild mates were the nicest, coolest and wackiest people I had met, but we had awesome times raiding, and hold many memories. The questing left a lot to be desired but the raids and dungeons were fun because we did it all as a guild and we had a great time.

With that said if TBC came out today would I enjoy it as much as I did then? For a hot minute maybe, but the reason the expansion is well loved by me is the memories and moments that I will never have again or have never had since then
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-28 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Or maybe everyone has different experiences and tastes.

TBC will always be the greatest x-pac for me because of it being my peak as a hardcore raider, I was in a high end guild, I was able to raid and no life the expansion unlike today, and the guild mates were the nicest, coolest and wackiest people I had met, but we had awesome times raiding, and hold many memories. The questing left a lot to be desired but the raids and dungeons were fun because we did it all as a guild and we had a great time.

With that said if TBC came out today would I enjoy it as much as I did then? For a hot minute maybe, but the reason the expansion is well loved by me is the memories and moments that I will never have again or have never had since then
    You just described my time and life in TBC. Man, those were the times. Great guilds, great raids, great people, great game. Looking back now there are stuff that wouldn't be accepted by a lot of people today maybe, but it was another time, another mentality. The raiding was AWESOME and something I never quite enjoyed like that again even though now that's super fun as well. Today's WoW is different by having more content overall for single player and group players as well, and it's more casual friendly(but that started in WotLK) but I do miss the times in TBC a lot.

WotLK was also fun, but in terms of rating of an expansion TBC is way better for me. The hardcore raiding was just too good compared to the raiding in the expansions that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    WoD will always be the worst. It's not because of its lore or systems though, it's because of cut content. Remember, they were trying to switch to yearly expansions at that time, which meant trying to trim the fat where ever they could to make a watered-down version of WoW that they could complete in a short amount of time.
    I had forgotten about that. Oh, to have a been a fly on the wall in those meetings. How in the heck would it have worked? Intense effort on world creation and art assets, story and quest development, a new round of chaotic class redesign -- all so it could be scrapped in months? Reminds me of Weinstein/Miramax's proposal to Peter Jackson for LotR condensed into one movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    WoD = garrisons which went no where and one additional raid. That was IT. BfA has given us much, much more playable content than WoD had with it's entire development. WoD was a fxck up and they even admit it was - there's absolutely no way an expansion that had a selfie camera as a main patch feature and one additional raid, ending the expansion 6 months after launch, is better than an expansion that has given us the most. No way. The Azerite system wasn't *the* best, which was an obvious before the Beta even ended, but BfA has also been enjoyable. Most of the critiques that people have from the start have been from people jumping on the bandwagon and being sheeple and just throwing hate at Blizzard unnecessarily - BfA really wasn't the best expansion, but it certainly wasn't the worst and wasn't worse than WoD.
    Its all just a bandwagon and 5g gives you corona. Millions of people quit because they heard its bad not because they play and find its total dogshit.
    You are so detached from reality and what people didn't like about Bfa.