Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoD.

BFA might have had issues with treadmills and class design but at least there was stuff to do if you weren't a raider and didn't want to just sit in your garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say WoD because there wasn't much to do at end game (I remember being burned out so badly that I stopped playing for months) and most of all the story was a complete mess. It just felt like it was all over the place. It took one raid boss to turn the main bad guy who was a complete asshole into one of the good guys and we couldn't even do anything with "good" Grom either. The parallel dimension idea just felt sloppy and lazy. Also what they did to my favorite Warchief was just fucked up (well he was my favorite until Blizzard decided to turn him into a massive douchebag).

I will give WoD this, it had some of the coolest zones in the game and it's weapons and armor sets were some of the best in the game. Also it was the first time in WoW where the questing felt immersive and story driven. The cutscenes were just awesome. It's just too bad the story wasn't all there. Also it was cool seeing those legendary orc characters like Durotan and Grom.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Grim Batol pre-perf was hilarious to observe after whole year of aoefesting WotlK dungeons. Too bad they nerfed it :/
    Yes. It was quite funny watching the wrath kids lose their lunch in early Cataclysm. There were actual tears. Sadly it was watered down to a putrid mess not long after.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a perfect example of the MMOC community. Focusing 100% on negativity. Quite the contrast to other sites and/or Discord servers where people who actually still enjoy the game hang out.

While, for some reason, most people here seem to hate the game and 1) still play (logic?????) or 2) don't play (yet still hangs out here. Logic?????)

Strange.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is so bad it makes me wish we could return to Warlords. At least I have fond memories of High Maul and the elites outside of it in the swamp and all that.

How the fuck can people put BFA over WoD?

Either:

a) they have short memories
    b) they aren't emotionally distant enough from BFA
    c) they didn't play WoD

Hello?

6.1, 6.2. Huge droughts. A MAJOR X.1 patch was fucking Twitter integration and Selfie cam.

Nothing to do if you didnt raid... no WQ, M+... dungeons were useless after you capped that ilevel....

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    With the end of an expansion comes my biannual worst expansion poll.

Which expansion/era is the absolute worst, and why?
    bfa, every casual, aunty, uncle, grandad running round with 140 corruption oblivious to dungeon / raid mechanics while all the time not realising half of the spells in there spellbook.

absolutely boosted by the players that actually know what they are doing with there 140 corruption that is way overscaled for the content.

people are boosting m+24..... you just would not of gotten that in legion, no way jose.

worst expansion ever! player standards hugely dropped thanks to the scrubs and casuals trying content that they shouldnt be close to. but because they get carried through every key they end up with 4k score and people presume they are good, when in actual fact they are woeful and just destroy your key.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Either:

c) they didn't play WoD

Hello?

6.1, 6.2. Huge droughts. A MAJOR X.1 patch was fucking Twitter integration and Selfie cam.

Nothing to do if you didnt raid... no WQ, M+... dungeons were useless after you capped that ilevel....

Well, there were enough comments "Legion is worse than WoD back in the day". Just the WoW community in all of its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    which is why WOD sucks.

though, what you quoted was a player suggested feature that would've been amazing.
    Is it really fair to judge if something suck based on what you don't get? Shouldn't you judge what you got? Or do you mean it like "WoD sucks because all features were half done due to Blizz not delivering the other half"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Either:

c) they didn't play WoD

Hello?

EDIT: argh, misread... Still, personal opinion. I had a blast in BFA. Have not had as fun as I had with gear due to corruption in, like, ever.

When I play WoW I try to enjoy it. This could mean that I play less depending on expansion or how my personal life's going. My playtime in MoP was very low, not because the game was bad but because I just did some other things as well. When I did play, I enjoyed it. Same with WoD. I might have been standing around in a garrison or something but if I only logged on once a week then during that time, I had fun.

Most of the time it's with whom I play that makes if fun.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2020-09-15 at 07:13 AM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Sorry to say that wotlk kinda was the last good expansion, but it started the by implementing the systems that became modern wow and cata put the nails in the coffin and the "death" (huge decline of players started). The game has really never been good since the best it has achieved is "ok".

Worst expansion is all after wotlk

Wish you had multiple votes.
    Was a struggle to choose between BfA and Cata since both prompted me to quit.

Chose Cata. Going from WotLK class design and gameplay to Cata was such a shock and going from one of the best feral iterations to the absolute worst feral iteration.

Pandaland. Simply because of pandas.

If I want to see pandas, I go to the zoo.

7+ Year Old Account
    SHADOWLANDS OMFG WORST EXPANSION EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!

Oh it's not out yet? Damn sorry.

For me WoD tops it due to lack of endgame content outside of raiding, the introduction of Facebook games into WoW (more than MoP) and the clumsy, panicky invention of the non logical, frustrating and beyond stupid Pathfinder.

2nd place goes to Cataclysm for being oddly forgettable despite revamping the whole Vanilla WoW.

I understand people putting WoD behind BFa, but let me put it like this:

WoD had almost zero content but as the saying goes: driving a nice car through a shithole makes the trip joyful. WoD offered, even tho gutted from buttons to press, enjoyable classes for the most part. BFA offered us nothing but terrible classes and on top of that, terrible terrible passive procs from corruptions and other stupid systems. Never struggled so much with picking a main as in BFA.

PvE: BFA > WoD (just because of mythic keystones)
    PvP: WoD > > > > > > > > > > BFA (for the love of god, return to the old PvP gearing system and PvP specific stats)
    Gearing: WoD > > > > BFA (every piece of loot in the game was literally the same, with a very few exceptions here and there)
    Classes: WoD > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > BFA (no explanaition required)
    Raids WoD > BFA
    Story: WoD > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > BFA

Let me explain the story part. WoD was a mess of a story which halfway through got rid of the main antagonist of the expansion and replaced it with a pre-legion enemy to make Legion fit better into the story.
    BFA commited the crime of shitting over literally every aspect of the story I personally have been looking forward to since the start of Warcraft 3 and Cataclysm. Where was the Horde and Alliance conflict after 8.1? What the hell was Nazjatar? And most importantly... what in the name of everything that is holy made them decide to rape N'zoth and the Black Empire to death? WoD nearly had no story, BFA took everything exciting that was forshadowed and put a bullet to it's head.

No. Even with the bare content WoD offered, the clear winner in this poll should be BFA. God, what were they thinking. Zandalar and Kultiras looked fantastic tho, hats of for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Pandaland. Simply because of pandas.

If I want to see pandas, I go to the zoo.
    This extremely narrow minded POV will never fail to boggle my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This extremely narrow minded POV will never fail to boggle my mind.
    If someone voted MoP the best due to pandas being involved, I would respect that. No issue. Op asked what expansion I thought was the worst and I answered. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I've not enjoyed BfA much at all, only WoD came remotely close to being as bad.

1. BfA - There's literally nothing redeeming in my opinion, from crafting to Azurite to Corruptions and even the raiding. This from my perspective has probably been the least enjoyable expansion by some distance.
    2. WoD - Apart from launch night, levelling was enjoyable as was the initial Garrison building, heroic raiding was also fun. That's it, for most of the expansion i only logged in to do Garrison missions and to raid on a Friday night.
    3. Cata - Didn't enjoy this much either, thought the levelling poor, areas were uninspired and the raiding wasn't all that fun either, so much so that i took the entirety of the firelands raids off, didn't miss it at all.

In saying the above, overall i'm still a fan of WoW and will likely always play the game, i understand that you cant please all of the people all of the time, and for now i'm one of those people, i hold out hope that things will change in the future though.

I can't decide between Legion and BFA. I had the worst of times ever. I even had fun in Cata and WoD to some degree, but in both Legion and BFA I struggled to find a class that I would be able to play for more than 2 days without getting bored and rerolling to something else.

In BFA eventually I settled for Hunter but of course as BM because the other 2 specs are dogshit, and BM is just slightly above dogshit.

BFA 100% was the worst WoD was the most disappointing though.

You know, I feel the same as quite a few posters - everything after MoP. What happened at that time that caused us to feel this way? I can't really put my finger on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Sorry to say that wotlk kinda was the last good expansion, but it started the by implementing the systems that became modern wow and cata put the nails in the coffin and the "death" (huge decline of players started). The game has really never been good since the best it has achieved is "ok".

Worst expansion is all after wotlk
    As a hardcore raider (don't care about leveling experience, lore, etc) Wrath was probably the height of WoW for me, but I didn't mind Cata, up until Dragon Soul path. Firelands was fun times, but I started drinking heavily because people couldn't comprehend mechanics, but even Heroic Rag was fun.