Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    TBC because it was the beginning of the end of WoW
    Long ending

TBC is my favorite of them all, but thats what opinions are for!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    WoD was very special for me; it took most of the things I liked from MoP and threw them directly into the prune bin.
    WoD was like the son you never wanted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I'll state it again: BfA created a storyline that made people disassociate with their characters and factions. Many horde players do not want to be evil warmongerers that helped with a genocide and they do not want to be in a faction that has proven now that it is incapable of change and the evil comes from its members, not its leaders. Many alliance players do not want to be cucks.

BfA broke the immersion on a scale that can not be repaired.

That alone justifies the first place and I did not even start with the complete missing QA in the first few months of the expansion, all the broken systems and the stuff that happened outside of the have at the same time (mdi toy fraud anyone?)

Sure, you can disagree with all of that and still say WoD was worse. That's fair enough, WoD was shit too. Just don't act like hating BfA more than WoD is not plausible.
    Imo WoD had much better classes and gameplay. But the lack of proper content tips it over in BfAs favor for me. Though I had some hard time justifying whats worst, shitty gameplay like BfA overall, or no proper content to do. That BfA had 2-3 specs I thought was fun is probably why I voted WoD. But I never expected it to be this close. The more I think of it, the more I realize how disappointing BfA has been. I fear I won't get the joy I got in Legion in this game ever again. Just hope it feels more fun in Shadowlands.

In the end, there are other games I think are just as fun or more fun. Not the end of the World (of Warcraft) Man that was cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    From a story standpoint, BfA is definitely a far worse expansion. But WoD is hands down the worst purely because it was absolute garbage on every other front. It story was mediocre at best but I guess at least it wasn't the atrocity that was BfA's story.
    Woah woah dude, are you suggesting that WoD "alternative timeline" was actually better story than BfA teenanger-movie-story?
    Lets get real, the moment blizzard "went alternative" timeline, story is stained forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Woah woah dude, are you suggesting that WoD "alternative timeline" was actually better story than BfA teenanger-movie-story?
    Lets get real, the moment blizzard "went alternative" timeline, story is stained forever.
    WoD's story was nothing to write home about. It should tell you just how terrible BfA is when WoD's plot was better by comparison.

WoD, BfA in second, but not by much.

-edit-

How can people vote on Shadowlands when it's not even released yet? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Hi, I joined in TBC and I think MoP is one of the best expansions, second only to Wrath. Do you still think that way?
    Congratz you have pretty shitty taste. Also correct me if im wrong but all you do is "pvp" isnt it? I quoted pvp because i dont consider hardstuck at 1.6 raiting and random bgs pvp.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2020-08-01 at 05:01 AM.

This isn't even a question to me. WoD failed in every single aspect except the quest lines during leveling and even those got old after the third alt. I will never forget the months upon months of literally no content at the end. Sometimes I wonder if I really liked Legion as much as I should have or if it was just a rebound expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Congratz you have pretty shitty taste. Also correct me if im wrong but all you do is "pvp" isnt it? I quoted pvp because i dont consider hardstuck at 1.6 raiting and random bgs pvp.
    Just because we don't like the same things doesn't mean I have "shitty taste", that's just being childish. And actually it's quite the opposite with your assumption on PvP. I've always done strictly PvE content and rarely PvP.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

BFA and WOD are so fresh in peoples minds.

Cataclysm is still the worst. Nothing to do except raid and the raids were such a progression leap from WOTLK that so many just stopped playing.

WoD is easily 2nd. Such a beautiful expansion and fun story ruined by lack of activities.

BFA isn't even 3rd. BC is. Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Cataclysm is still the worst. Nothing to do except raid and the raids were such a progression leap from WOTLK that so many just stopped playing.

WoD is easily 2nd. Such a beautiful expansion and fun story ruined by lack of activities.

BC is the best expansion Paula.

Now fight BaCk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    WoD's story was nothing to write home about. It should tell you just how terrible BfA is when WoD's plot was better by comparison.
    Wod "story" destroyed any sense of anything that came afterwards. Destroyed continuity, sense, characters.
    After that it won't ever be the same. Forever soiled, forever tainted.

From worst to slightly better, my bottom 4. Other expansions I liked more than I disliked them.

1. MoP - I have no interest in Asia based lore, martial arts, Eastern style monks and I really hate cartoon animals in any game I play.
    2. TBC - I play WoW for maybe 60% non-arena PvP, 40% PvE, so this expansion added flying, overpowered healing with high resilience and just made fights long and annoying. Plus I didn't really like the theme.
    3. BFA - Nothing further to add here, it's been said over and over.
    4. Cata - Boring and bland in general and I didn't like the joke and classic movie rip off zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Hi, I joined in TBC and I think MoP is one of the best expansions, second only to Wrath. Do you still think that way?
    Same. MoP was an absolutely solid expansion. BfA though, what an absolute disaster.

You bring up some good points with Cata and for me Cata is definitely down there with WoD and while I've always felt WoD has been the worst, I think Cata might be. The only 'saving grace' from my perspective is I spent much of Cata playing more casually - so not raiding, mostly doing heroics (LFR towards the end) and doing the 'world content' and I enjoyed both the Molten Front but especially Tol Barad - whereas the daily areas of WoD were very painful and I disliked Tanaan a lot. Let's not even get into the Apexis daily area thing.

But yeah in terms of actual raids I have only really experienced the Cata ones briefly but I'd say it's pretty lackluster. I'm not even a big Firelands guy - I mean it's the best of the expansion but that doesn't really say much. WoD definitely had better raids than Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    TBC because it was the beginning of the end of WoW
    Improving every aspect of the game was definitely the beginning of the end, I agree.

I remember too well.

WoW's leadership listened to players who most reflected their preferences...except that they were a minority. The day-gamers, the moms and pops, the kids -- not good at playing, no, but the heart and soul of communities. My guild came in from Wrath with 35-40 raiders and by March 2011 we were clearing Tier 11 with a single 10-man. Pugs dried up and all you'd see on a non-elite server in Trade through 4.2 were trash runs. The guild survived and is still active today, but man, that was a disaster in social architecture.

No LFR, one easier raid in the first tier to help organized players believe they can defeat content, gear currency for personal goals, 5-mans and pug bosses that are interesting enough for endless runs, vehicles here and there to change things up, monomyth story to tie it together. Sprinkle with PvP that entices casuals. That's the formula. That's how to make money and keep players happy. WoW devs who don't like it should transfer to other teams.

Ofcourse WoD. They'd have to put out something really low effort to top that abortion.

When it comes to class design and content then WoD was a drop so steep it's not even funny. BfA is a pile of shit also, but after WoD I've had 0 expectations anyways so I'm not disappointed really.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    With the end of an expansion comes my biannual worst expansion poll.

Which expansion/era is the absolute worst, and why?
    BFA or WOD, I can't decide!

The reward structure of Wotlk and Cata are pretty similiar.

So yeah, no idea where this "Nothing to do except raids" criticism towards Cata comes from.
    That started in Wotlk, not Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Odd, Legion felt like the perfect expansion for alts, since each class had a unique campaign, order hall, item sets, artifacts etc. If anything, Legion was the most alt oriented expansion to date.
    I found Legion and BFA endgame to be the absolute worst of any expansion, but legion was loads of fun in other aspects because of all the class stuff.

BFA doesn't even have that.

WoDs barebones was unacceptable, but what was there was at least playable/enjoyable, not an infinite arbitrary grind attached to everything.