Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Cataclysm broke things in ways that are functionally irreparable, and I don't just mean the world. It was the beginning of WoW's end.
    Let me guess. You think LFR ruined the game and it's why you think Cataclysm was the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    lol no. Wrath expanded raid participation dramatically. The raid systems were far better than BC or (the first two thirds of) Cataclysm, for the average player.
    LFR in cata also "expanded" on raid particiaption. That doesnt mean it made raiding better for the ppl who were already raiding.

And no, i strongly disagree that it made the raid systems better, since i consider limited attempts to the be worst thing ever added to raiding and i was glad to see it gone come cata.
    Im also happy to say that since wotlk we have not seen any rehashed raid since. So i think even blizzard agrees that either of those two things wasnt a very good idea in hindsight.

Also i like how you only quoted one sentence from my post, its as if you couldnt find any arguments against the rest of the post so you just picked a sentence out of context and ignoring the reasons for said sentence.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-09-11 at 12:17 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    LFR in cata also "expanded" on raid particiaption. That doesnt mean it made raiding better for the ppl who were already raiding.
    Ah, entitlement. The people who were already raiding matter, those who weren't don't matter. Whether the game was improved or not is entirely on whether it pleased that elite minority.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ah, entitlement. The people who were already raiding matter, those who weren't don't matter. Whether the game was improved or not is entirely on whether it pleased that elite minority.
    wich is why i started my post saying it was from my perspective... Do you read? Or are you so entitled that only your opinion matters and not mine?

Ive nothing against lfr, it doesnt affect me. Its like pet battles or transmog, a part of the game i don't engage in very much.
    Limited attempts on the other hand, and rehashed raids i cleared 2 years earlier.. Thats a big negative impact on my raiders perspective of an expansion. And in that perspective woltk was the worst expansion blizzard has ever done.

Also again, good job at picking one line from the post and ignoring everything else. You should be a politican.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-09-12 at 11:34 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Cataclysm broke things in ways that are functionally irreparable, and I don't just mean the world. It was the beginning of WoW's end.
    When is the end gonna come? It's been 10 years already that's one hell of a build up, how long more?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    So wierd thing, "worst"... My worst one is still a great expansion. So small difference between top and bottom that it's not really noticable :P

By Tiers it would be something like:
    S: none
    A: TBC, WotLK, Cata, MOP, WOD, Legion, BFA
    B-F: none

I think every single expansion brought new things to do, adjusted bad things and over all improved the game. Every expansion also brought some things that didn't really work that great but that's easy to say in retro-perspective.

Been playing for some 15 years and It has always been fun mixed with obligatory things which wasn't so fun but I think that in the mix, the fun could shine.

"You do with what you have" is how I play. Really sceptical about Covenants atm, I like switching around experimenting and stuff which I don't think I can do very smoothly with covenants sadly. We'll see, gonna have a blast as usual, either way
    "WOD, Cata, BFA are A tier"

lol ok, disappointed to see that your post was a giant hottake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Let me guess. You think LFR ruined the game and it's why you think Cataclysm was the beginning of the end.
    I'm not sure what Delano is on about, but the reasons I picked Cata are for the zones. Hyjal's story was assinine. Vasj'eer or whatever it's called serves up a wonky 3D combat experience with 2D combat art, making it hard to judge where to place AOE spells. Uldum was just a lackluster desert with a river running through it. Deepholm had a interesting intro, but quickly devolved into mind numbing story telling that made me want to fall asleep.

On top of that, they nerfed fucking intro dungeons that are supposed to show you how to play the fucking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what Delano is on about, but the reasons I picked Cata are for the zones. Hyjal's story was assinine. Vasj'eer or whatever it's called serves up a wonky 3D combat experience with 2D combat art, making it hard to judge where to place AOE spells. Uldum was just a lackluster desert with a river running through it. Deepholm had a interesting intro, but quickly devolved into mind numbing story telling that made me want to fall asleep.

On top of that, they nerfed fucking intro dungeons that are supposed to show you how to play the fucking game.
    then you should hate wotlk too tbh

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose that is fair. I don't agree but your opinion is valid. I personally think WoD's zones were WAY worse than Cataclysm's.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I suppose that is fair. I don't agree but your opinion is valid. I personally think WoD's zones were WAY worse than Cataclysm's.
    the only zone I ended up hating in WOD was Gorgrond.

fucking nightmares still plague me of dying to podlings and botani

Uh.

What is best and what is worste is matter of views and its defined by some personal values.
    Ill go into mine and explain why wothout any order.
    As someone whos playing wow since 2004 ill leave TBC and WOTLK and mark them as "classic".
    No need to talk about remenants of old systems when we are playing almost completely game since then.

Cata - it was fun expansion and first one that actually happened in rewamped azeroth.
    My downside of it that i was forced to be benched on Spine fight due to motion sickness that i was getting.
    It was also expansion that introduced current talent system for all its good or bad.

MoP - it was beautiful expansion! Really took me few days to switch from yellow/orange burning/melting theme that cata had to eastern, calm, green theme of MoP.
    It had some crazy trinkets and boy oh boy you were able to demolish stuff with them.
    Pandas and monks!
    introduction of another melee was met with mixed feelings back then and monks that we play now are kinda just resembling what they used to be at start. They were hot mess, but also had ton of utility and that beautiful fistweaving, healing trough damage was introduced by them.
    First legendary cloak questline with nice visuals which i would like to have again and Timeless Isle.
    I have mixed feeling about timeless isle, spent A LOT of time there grinding rares and tokens so it became dull at some point, that PvP vs anyone buff wasnt helping much too so eh.
    I would say my downside of it was timeless isle due to that pvp (as im pve only) and sheer amount of dailies that it had.
    Positive thing is also server wide progression toward Thunder Isle unlocking, something that we had in TBC and thing that i loved.
    This is also expansion where blizzard started to shift more toward storytelling.

WoD - garrison expansion.
    It was bad. Im on Taren Mill EU, one of EU most populated servers. Whole fiasco with garrisons, lags, disconnects lasted about a month, maybe longer.
    Even if you survive login queue there is high change that you will lag out to freeze or simply disconnect if you came close to garrison zone.
    Pointless to say that lot of people fall behind at the start and had hard time to catch up.
    Raids were quite fun, dungeons a bit stale after some time, but biggest downside of it is that from mid expansion you had nothing to do outside of your garrison. If you are not into reputation or toys - no need to leave garrison if you are not raiding or running trials.
    Thats probably the reason why people think its wost exp.
    Storytelling improvements.

Legion - huh. It had really rough start with all limitations that they put in, endless ap grind, legendary lockout system, 4 per character out of class and generic pool, which caused so many rerolls that its laughably sad.
    Once they removed those and fixed them - it was overall fun expansion, beautiful locations and exeptional storytelling.
    Introduction of Mythic+ system, which i personally love.
    Argus was also there, another Timeless Isle, just not as grindy. Overall good expansion.

BFA - they said "you dont see whole picture of azerite system." we said "its bad". They said "enhance rework in 8.1" but again "we never said full rework". They kept quiet about it till 8.1 landed despite clearly seeing that community was hoping/expeecting full rework.
    They could have said it earlier, yet they kept quiet about it.
    beautiful expansion, overall step forwars for several specs, and step in the place or even backwards for several other.
    Grind (az gear) on top of grind (neck ap) on top of grind (essences) on top of grind (cloak upgrade currency) on top of grind (cloak upgrade) on top of grind (corruptions/currency for corruuptions).

Enough said. I wont even go into details how corruption system and added vendor simply made game "different" to the point that i feel like im playing some J mmo with over the top stuff. It simply doesnt feel right. Some people love it, some dont, i personally dont.
    It is insane power boost to the point that it even shifted gearing and wanted stats for several specs in order to boost corruptions, not characters them selfs.
    Whole gearing system in BfA felt terribly bad, at least for me.
    Despite some positives in it, fun raids and dungeons, beautiful zones and great story, for me base systems were too much unfun and grindy to the point that i can say - personally worst exp so far.

the only zone I ended up hating in WOD was Gorgrond.

fucking nightmares still plague me of dying to podlings and botani
    I didn't enjoy a single zone in WoD. they all felt so....dull and pointless. I actually enjoyed Vashj'ir and Hyjal. Uldum had some fun and quirky quests. You're right about Deepholm and Twilight Highlands though.

BFA is by far the worst

5+ Year Old Account
    I didn't enjoy a single zone in WoD. they all felt so....dull and pointless. I actually enjoyed Vashj'ir and Hyjal. Uldum had some fun and quirky quests. You're right about Deepholm and Twilight Highlands though.
    you know what feature everyone in trade wanted in WOD that we never got?

An arena where we made podlings and murlocs fight each other and place bets on who the winners would be.

you know what feature everyone in trade wanted in WOD that we never got?

An arena where we made podlings and murlocs fight each other and place bets on who the winners would be.
    There's a truly massive list of a lot of things we were supposed to get in WoD but never did.

What do you mean? Why was it disappointing to see my post saying that? I've enjoyed every expansion and none of them stands out to [b]me[b/] as bad.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

A system under which the game continually grew and very few people found themselves having completed everything with nothing left to do.

Shadowlands was the worst. I hope WoW: Galaxies Voyager releasses soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    What do you mean? Why was it disappointing to see my post saying that? I've enjoyed every expansion and none of them stands out to [b]me[b/] as bad.
    Don't bother, some reason people like to create threads asking for opinions only to shit on those they disagree with.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    There's a truly massive list of a lot of things we were supposed to get in WoD but never did.
    which is why WOD sucks.

though, what you quoted was a player suggested feature that would've been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    A system under which the game continually grew and very few people found themselves having completed everything with nothing left to do.
    Yeah, the fact that there was a huge population of MMO newbies crowding in to see what all the fuss was about had nothing to do with it.

Of course, once they saw the game was designed for a small minority of the players, they churned right back out again. The devs were in a desperate scramble to figure out how to retain them, and going hardcore didn't do it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"