Thread: No Beta Today?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I’ve played since 1.12 and I’ve been in 3 betas and an alpha. Our anecdotal experiences don’t really measure the reality. They said they favor older long standing accounts, and that isn’t something you would lie about, because there is no reason to lie about it.

    That said, good luck!
    That's not what they said though, near as I can tell. Here's the post where they talked about how they were giving out beta invites from back in April: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

    Whereas the first batch of invites were meant to "mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists", that was the first wave. They go on to reference that as they "engage in focused PvP and raid testing, we’ll also do some targeted invite waves that prioritize players with extensive experience or expertise in those parts of the game." That to me at least says if you weren't lucky enough to get in on the first batch of invites, that your chances of getting an invite will instead be focused on your experience with PvP and raiding.

    Perhaps they'll get some long-time WoW player invites in here before the raid opens for testing, but to me it sounds like they are very specifically targeting who gets in and who doesn't this time.

  2. #62
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    That's not what they said though, near as I can tell. Here's the post where they talked about how they were giving out beta invites from back in April: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

    Whereas the first batch of invites were meant to "mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists", that was the first wave. They go on to reference that as they "engage in focused PvP and raid testing, we’ll also do some targeted invite waves that prioritize players with extensive experience or expertise in those parts of the game." That to me at least says if you weren't lucky enough to get in on the first batch of invites, that your chances of getting an invite will instead be focused on your experience with PvP and raiding.

    Perhaps they'll get some long-time WoW player invites in here before the raid opens for testing, but to me it sounds like they are very specifically targeting who gets in and who doesn't this time.
    I interpret that completely differently. That says to me “when it’s time to do focused testing, we’ll be targeting players with specific experience to test X”, as well as our normal testing.

    Think about it. Did Blizzard just blow out all that hype last week, interviews and updates and gobs of info about the beta, to then limit entry to a select few? That makes no sense to me.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I interpret that completely differently. That says to me “when it’s time to do focused testing, we’ll be targeting players with specific experience to test X”, as well as our normal testing.

    Think about it. Did Blizzard just blow out all that hype last week, interviews and updates and gobs of info about the beta, to then limit entry to a select few? That makes no sense to me.
    Not at all. But that doesn't mean that they are focusing long-time WoW players right now. Just means that they had that in their initial batch of invites. Right now, they obviously are looking to get the level 60 experience with covenants tested, so given their targeting approach for later, it does make sense that they'd target this set towards those they feel would give the best feedback on the endgame play. This does not necessarily include long-time WoW players.

    Besides that though, the hype Blizz blew out last week with interviews and the like isn't just for those that get into the beta. It keeps WoW relevant in the press and keeps the hype train build up again which can certainly translate to more active subs in the short term, not to mention simply getting people excited to play once it is released. It's similar IMO to how the NFL keeps itself active in sports news year round by spreading out things like the draft and work outs throughout the year.

  4. #64
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Not at all. But that doesn't mean that they are focusing long-time WoW players right now. Just means that they had that in their initial batch of invites. Right now, they obviously are looking to get the level 60 experience with covenants tested, so given their targeting approach for later, it does make sense that they'd target this set towards those they feel would give the best feedback on the endgame play. This does not necessarily include long-time WoW players.

    Besides that though, the hype Blizz blew out last week with interviews and the like isn't just for those that get into the beta. It keeps WoW relevant in the press and keeps the hype train build up again which can certainly translate to more active subs in the short term, not to mention simply getting people excited to play once it is released. It's similar IMO to how the NFL keeps itself active in sports news year round by spreading out things like the draft and work outs throughout the year.
    Fair enough. I didn’t get in, so whatever they’re doing, they’re doing wrong
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Fair enough. I didn’t get in, so whatever they’re doing, they’re doing wrong
    Haha, same. Hope you get in soon and that you get a chance to give them some solid feedback!

  6. #66
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Haha, same. Hope you get in soon and that you get a chance to give them some solid feedback!
    Same to you, good luck!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  7. #67
    I bet I know why there are no beta keys now. Probably because they don't want them being sold on eBay and sites like it.

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Tiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,322
    My account is ancient. Been playing since Vanilla. But, I haven't been subscribed for all those years. Didn't get in the beta.
    Last edited by Tiev; 2020-07-16 at 12:11 AM.

  9. #69
    ahh the feeling when get a blizzard email only to see it was for shadow rising book.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I bet I know why there are no beta keys now. Probably because they don't want them being sold on eBay and sites like it.
    They don't need keys really since we have the launcher. If you are in the beta then you have the ability there to download the beta. Today, I just went and checked and saw I had it and downloaded and started plying. There was no need for a key or for Blizzard to write and tell me. I just had to check the launcher...

  11. #71
    The Patient Motso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Drinking Heavily
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
    They don't need keys really since we have the launcher. If you are in the beta then you have the ability there to download the beta. Today, I just went and checked and saw I had it and downloaded and started plying. There was no need for a key or for Blizzard to write and tell me. I just had to check the launcher...
    Yeah 100% sure thats just how it worked in Legion and BfA betas. Mine usually comes along toward the middle of testing, when they want to see what the mediocre and inconsistent will get up to at launch.

  12. #72
    Account made at the end of vanilla, ended BFA getting CE March (top 150 wolrd) no beta and I was in both WoD and Legion beta and for BFA i joined testing in the last 2 weeks of alpha

  13. #73
    I've got up and had my breakfast today, trying to do things right to get beta, maybe because my sub has expired, I'll look forward to playing Shadowlands and wondering why certain things weren't tested

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    ahh the feeling when get a blizzard email only to see it was for shadow rising book.
    that made me so made...i thought it was my beta invite nope just the book sigh...great way to troll blizzard 10/10

    - - - Updated - - -

    it seems like a small handful of non big name streamers got the keys and those in alpha well..they had there keys all set so first batch was small lets hope by the weekend they do a big time invite

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,320
    Anyone already got a beta invite?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  16. #76
    Pandaren Monk Rusken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,940
    Oh god here we go... Within a week this forum will devolve into nothing but "I've been playing since the SECOND Vanilla launched and I've played 10 hours a day every day since and I STILL DON'T HAVE BETA it's OBVIOUS that Blizzard DOESN'T CARE about their game or the playerbase anymore"

  17. #77
    It's like a huge crowd of people trying to force their way through a single person doorway. The waves will never be big enough to include every single person who has religiously played this game. The only guarantee these days is if you're on the F&F list or you're on the influencer list. Otherwise it's just about numbers. And the waves traditionally start small to begin with.

  18. #78
    Can someone from EU confirm if they got invited?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    But that doesn't mean that they are focusing long-time WoW players right now.
    Even if they were, I think people underestimate how many players qualify for that. Its not a guarantee to get in, just a bit higher chance then someone that is not in that group.

    Any of these arguments like "I've played since 1.12, I must get in" are just hilarious. I've played since launch day, I laugh at your 1.12.

  20. #80
    Nevcairiel: Have you been subbed the entire time and if so, have you been invited already? I've always believed those folks are pretty much guaranteed the early access.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •