Update on Climate Phenomena Anomaly

Update on Climate Phenomena Anomaly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Hello fellow Heroes!

After reading through your feedback and deliberating amongst ourselves, we have decided to remove the Climate Phenomena anomaly from the Nexus. While this was not an easy decision to make, we feel it is the right thing to do for the game. We also wanted to take this time to more clearly define the purpose of our Nexus Anomalies, and our plans for them going forward.

Nexus Anomalies were intended to serve two functions:

1. We wanted to distribute our annual gameplay updates throughout the year, giving us the freedom to try exploratory changes that we weren’t committed to if they ended up not working out. Previously, we introduced all our gameplay updates each year around BlizzCon. These updates were usually fairly impactful, and many players had trouble adjusting to the large amount of sudden change.
    2. We wanted Heroes to have an exciting, fun change for players to look forward to every season.

As far as what exactly each Anomaly would entail, we did not have too many set rules, largely to ensure that we had the creative freedom to try bold ideas. So far, we believe our Anomalies have largely been successful, particularly after we had some time to iterate on them.

With Climate Phenomena, we wanted to play with two ideas. The first was introducing a new Hero to the Nexus with an accompanying theme, and the second was the prospect of changing game states throughout a match, with a minor impact on gameplay. Unfortunately, we’ve found that these changes were too disruptive to the normal flow of the game, and they didn’t add enough fun factor to account for how much they impacted the player experience. Some players also reported frame-per-second (FPS) issues due to the Anomaly, which we found to be unacceptable.

Moving forward, we intend to finish the year with one more Anomaly, released alongside the final season of 2020. After that, we have decided that we will not be pursuing Anomalies at a set cadence like we did this year. We still plan on regular gameplay updates, and will continue to experiment with ways to make Heroes a better game, so you can count on that still happening. In the future, we want to take a bit more time and release updates only when we feel they are in a more polished state, and we want to give the members of the Development Team the freedom to explore certain longstanding issues that we think are important to the community. For example, we’re considering large updates to maps that we feel could use some design improvements.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read through our thoughts, and for the years playing this game, which we love so much, alongside us. We’ll see you… in the Nexus!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they for example, release cursed mines or some new map. I'm allright with it.

I was just thinking about that yesterday whilst playing. I miss the mines. I mean they even had the WoW pet companion for that map with the mini skull golem. It's weird since its a map we can't even play anymore. Plus the hi-jinx at the mine entrances was fun. But I'm ok with this change yea cause the mini invis we get or small shield we get aren't really that impactful here with this but the fps drop is.

I'm surprised as hell, and equally happy, that they're removing it already. I haven't even had the capacity to take in the gameplay-related changes simply because I'm so focused on the performance loss I've been experiencing with the update.

I fully expected the weather to be removed at the end of the season, but I assumed the dev team would engage in a futile attempt to make it work before then. I'm very pleased it being removed this soon.

Warden is watching you.

Yep, scheduled maintenance in a couple of hours. Something's coming!

lol wat? new skins?

Oh shit, High Priestess Maiev! About time we got more Altered Fate skins!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Oh shit, High Priestess Maiev! About time we got more Altered Fate skins!
    It's kind of lol that the old art team added a belly covering to Sylv a few years ago and now the new team has scratch built a Maiev skin with hers on display lol, quite a change in direction.

But then again the Cho'Gall Greed skin has her boobs out, I know she has them out in D3 but this is still pretty surprising to see come to HOTS lol.