Poll: Legion or BFA?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Only reason I voted BFA is dance of death+ crit build + haste build. Its insanely spammy but fun!
    Dance of Death is just a stat proc tho and could easily have done the exact same thing even if Barbed Shot didn't replace Dire Beast. Crits had also reset Dire Beast back then as well. I personally like the flavor of Dire Beast (with the glyph of Dire Stable) way more than Barbed Shot. I feel like they could give us the best of both worlds and instead of the whistle/wave animation that Dire Beast had, have us launch a shot with a piece of bait attached to it that attracts the dire beast to attack the target. We'd keep the weapon firing animation aspect of the ability and get back the army of pets...Or they could give us both abilities at once and instead of the bleed, Barbed could debuff the target to take increased damage from pets for X amount of time. Both abilities would have two charges and grant Frenzy to your pet but they share a cooldown. So you'd maintain that debuff on the target and then throw out Dire Beasts during resets if the debuff isn't going to expire.
    There are plenty of ways they could handle it to give the best of both aspects, and somebody could come up with something better, but I'd like the swarm of beasts back. With the glyph if almost felt like having MoP Stampede back at times, just not as powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Can't find a point in time when BM was fun.
    S1 of MoP when you had Pet enrage 5 min cd, lynx rush crazy dmg, and OG stampede... OP as all hell and need many many nerfs but it was still fun. (pretty sure we had shale spider stun then too lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post
    S1 of MoP when you had Pet enrage 5 min cd, lynx rush crazy dmg, and OG stampede... OP as all hell and need many many nerfs but it was still fun. (pretty sure we had shale spider stun then too lol.)
    Don't forget we had preparation talent from MM in all specs so you did back to back BW at start. The servers used to lag on pull for half the raid cause all the stampede and hunter burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    BW wasn't on gcd in Legion so... yeah.
    I really don't get why having an extra gcd every minute, two minutes, or 3 minutes is such a big deal..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I really don't get why having an extra gcd every minute, two minutes, or 3 minutes is such a big deal..
    1st tier in BFA
    Last tier in BFA

Are you trolling?

Slight edge to BFA, but really not that different from each other. I like barbed shot better than dire beast, even though the dire beast glyph to use your own pets was pretty cool. Having the second pet as a talent (that is much easier to customize than the orb thingy in Legion) is a better feature in BFA. BFA's main downside is how much stuff is just passive buffs like dance of death and overwhelimg power, but I think that is kind of a problem with every class in this expansion. BFA got many of the good legiondary effects and more ability interactions baseline, which is an overall improvement to the spec.

It is a mixed bag. On one hand, Legion BM was better mechanically in terms of individual ability design. Why some of them were given gcd is beyond me. It basically felt better without it. On the other hand, overall design was worse and only fixed with certain legendaries. Also, pet behavior was improved greatly in BFA, making the class much better at target switching. If I had to choose, I would say BFA. Simply because it would be painful to return to a single barbed shot charge and crappy pet mechanics that prevented kill command before pet actually run all the way and started meleeing a mob. But some abilities were definitely given a downgrade in BFA, making the spec feel not only slower, but less responsive mechanically in some ways. Ideally, these two should be combined. Throw in a touch of MoP in terms of class complexity (it was a piano of 13 abilities for me during SoO to press on the regular, almost 20 if we count long cooldowns and utility) and it will be golden. Just do not add these horrible ramp up frenzy abilities like Focus Fire from there. This RNG shite was the thing I hated with everything I had, not to mention that it made hunter into a class with the longest ramp up in WoW's history, requiring upwards of 30-40 secs to reach max damage output, if at all (if stacks fall off).

i think in BFA they worked out some of the massive massive issues they dumped on BM in the Legion overhaul. however it still sucks compared to WoD, and MoP

C: I enjoyed it equally as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's not so much when it's in the middle of the fight, it's just when questing or when everything lines up, it feels clunky and unfun. Every opener has you doing nothing for a solid few seconds while you wait for a bar to fill up (not to mention having to waste seconds of your CD), and it provides no benefit to the game. It's reasonable to be mad at stupid changes that only have a negative impact.