Question Which spec will likely be the go-to "solo Torghast" spec?

I know, I know, tuning is the last step, but accepting that constraint, given observations upon what's going on among the variables we know now, I'm very curious as to which spec will flourish and excel in an environment of ideally more open ended character loadouts (through soulbinds) and anima power superbuilds! Let's angle this discussion leaving covenant choice out of the variables.

Of course, the initial default to look at is discipline. At its core disc *should* be dominant in any solo or "unsupported," trinity agnostic environment because of the "vampiric" nature of their damage: every point they inflict with their core ST powers heals them, assuming a 100% uptime on atonement, which is easy with PWS. Discipline has a solid core, they just often don't do enough damage to be fun in soloing because "if they can do decent DPS, why bring a DPS class," but in a solo torghast run, that framework of discipline given some boosts to damage not intended for trinity content might make them super heroes!

But don't sleep on shadow, which is getting a second vampiric DoT specifically added to the kit for trinity-agnostic, faster moving content. Depending on the tuning of Dev Plague, shadow's presence as an actual DPS spec with more AOE potential than a healing spec might make them the go to.

And who knows, maybe holy is a dark horse! Once again Blizzard are paying lip service to the idea of "soloing as a priest shouldn't be wrong," and it shouldn't... and with some damage support holy's strength as a healer might make them a contender. I'd call them the least likely (because I'll believe Blizzard on this front when I see it), but I didn't want to leave them out of the post.

I'm asking largely because my main priest (not my main, just my main priest of the three I have) is conceptually flexible among the three specs, and I'm wondering which spec he will be leaning into as a trinity-agnostic build, mostly in the open world and in solo torghast runs!

What do you think?
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-07-15 at 11:37 PM.

Blood DK as per all solo content lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Blood DK as per all solo content lol.
    *points to forum location of thread*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    *points to forum location of thread*
    Well, he's right after all lmao

But when it comes to Torghast, I think the dominant spec for priests will be Disc, if HVs are any hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Well, we can only guess, as there were no balancing passes, so numbers are all over the place. It might end up the same as with visions, where they overnerf it for healers, but forget to adjust scaling, so early on going as holy or disc will be the way to go, but once you go higher, shadow will pull out ahead. Or maybe shadow will be a FotM monster after the rework, shaming even the traditional solo classes. Who knows.