1. #1

    Any one else that dislike that the corruption vendor is on a rotation?

    Hey, so i just checked up on WoWhead and it says Masterful 3 won’t come until 31st july, so that’s pretty sad for my mage.

    Would be nice if everything was avsilable to buy always.

  2. #2
    Stuff like that should never be on a vendor. Its the most lazy fix to anything. It removes any kind of feel of actually earning that power/item. Because you don't play to earn it, you instead play to buy it, taking away the feeling of doing something spesific in game to earn it. Doing all kind of content to buy a wide array of power up is an abomination in a game like WoW.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Stuff like that should never be on a vendor. Its the most lazy fix to anything. It removes any kind of feel of actually earning that power/item. Because you don't play to earn it, you instead play to buy it, taking away the feeling of doing something spesific in game to earn it. Doing all kind of content to buy a wide array of power up is an abomination in a game like WoW.
    I personally enjoyed the badge, points or honor vendors from previous expansions and have no problem with farming a resource or currency to then use at a vendor.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Stuff like that should never be on a vendor. Its the most lazy fix to anything. It removes any kind of feel of actually earning that power/item. Because you don't play to earn it, you instead play to buy it, taking away the feeling of doing something spesific in game to earn it. Doing all kind of content to buy a wide array of power up is an abomination in a game like WoW.
    thats the worst take ever getting rank 3 infinite stars on a 410 wq item is not "earning" anything

  5. #5
    Bandaid fix for a bandaid system.

    It's just the reality, grind your cost ahead of time, then afk until it gets sold. Until then, your character will be trash.

    Who thought this was fun should be ####.

  6. #6
    No, you are the first one to complain about that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    thats the worst take ever getting rank 3 infinite stars on a 410 wq item is not "earning" anything
    Thats another point with what I am saying. What I mean when a system is that broken that they have to put it on vendor, that system shouldn't been made in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Bandaid fix for a bandaid system.

    It's just the reality, grind your cost ahead of time, then afk until it gets sold. Until then, your character will be trash.

    Who thought this was fun should be ####.
    Pretty much, it's a band aid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I personally enjoyed the badge, points or honor vendors from previous expansions and have no problem with farming a resource or currency to then use at a vendor.
    I don't mind catch up gear from a vendor like Badge Gear, but it should stop there. To get BiS gear from a vendor(wotlk/cata) and best power from a vendor is just not good as far as progression go imo.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  8. #8
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Stuff like that should never be on a vendor. Its the most lazy fix to anything. It removes any kind of feel of actually earning that power/item. Because you don't play to earn it, you instead play to buy it, taking away the feeling of doing something spesific in game to earn it. Doing all kind of content to buy a wide array of power up is an abomination in a game like WoW.
    What a load of nonsense.

    More power to you if you like doing content and randomly hoping for a specific reward with a specific effect, at the mercy of WoW's horrid RNG-layered-on-RNG-on-RNG. But there isn't a damn thing wrong with being able to work toward a specific reward in game either.

    The idea if you only 'earn' it if the RNG dice roll in your favor is 50 shades of stupid.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-07-16 at 09:16 AM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  9. #9
    Ideally, all corruptions would be in the vendor at the same time. Really dumb that you may get an upgrade drop but it's not officially an upgrade until the corruption you need is on sale... next month.

    But Blizzard is in an odd spot here where making the game worse is needed to extend sub times. In a perfect world making the best game possible would be to everyone's liking.

  10. #10
    I dislike the vendor in general^^
    I was finsihed with farming and gearing basically. Had good corruptions on good gear (not perfect).

    The vendor gave me the possibility to further optimize my gear by.... farming the hell out of everything in this game... i did it one week and then quit until SL.

    Told my raidlead i just can't start from scratch again with corruptions and farming and if i don't do it it would not be fair to the people who did it. (last part came from me not the raidlead) the vendor should have been there from the start or not at all.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What a load of nonsense.

    More power to you if you like doing content and randomly hoping for a specific reward with a specific effect, at the mercy of WoW's horrid RNG-layered-on-RNG-on-RNG. But there isn't a damn thing wrong with being able to work toward a specific reward in game either.

    The idea if you only 'earn' it if the RNG dice roll in your favor is 50 shades of stupid.
    That's part of the point. You say load of nonsense, while you in essence agree with me. When a system is so bad, you have to put it on a vendor, then don't make that system.

    But that's you though. Jumping in on any topic just to say how stupid people's opinion are. You also put words in my mouth. I didn't say RNG like corruption was great did I. The point with what I am saying is that progression shouldn't be like it has been in BfA, because putting stuff up on a vendor just shows how bad the design has been.

    Progression through a vendor got zero to do in a mmo like WoW.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-16 at 09:30 AM.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Stuff like that should never be on a vendor. Its the most lazy fix to anything. It removes any kind of feel of actually earning that power/item. Because you don't play to earn it, you instead play to buy it, taking away the feeling of doing something spesific in game to earn it. Doing all kind of content to buy a wide array of power up is an abomination in a game like WoW.
    Getting bis corruption from RNG = earning it

    Grinding balls off to get currency to buy said corruption = not earning it

    Some fine logic there mate, fine logic.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Getting bis corruption from RNG = earning it

    Grinding balls off to get currency to buy said corruption = not earning it

    Some fine logic there mate, fine logic.
    You don't get it mate, you don't get it.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

  14. #14
    It would be nice if every corruption was always available to buy.

    But it's also just nice in general that these corruptions are available to buy in the first place. The corruption vendor turned corruptions from a horrible system to a mediocre one.

    If you want to make it seem like putting a certain date on when a corruption will be available means something like "Your character will be shit until a certain date and time." then that's fine. But as far as I'm concerned, that's still a big step up from "Your character will be shit until further notice." that was the case and meaning before the vendor.

  15. #15
    I'm surprised they didn't just offer a "stick 1000 currency and an item in, and you get a random corruption on it".

    Gotta love those "surprise mechanics".

  16. #16
    I don't understand why it's on a rotation. So two people could play the exact same amount, get the same amount of currency. Then one gets their BiS corruption being sold the next week, while the other has to wait three weeks. Meaning despite playing the same, putting the same amount of time and effort in, one persons character is substantially weaker for no obvious reason.

    Sure that situation happens often with gear drops and RNG, but this isn't RNG, this is a vendor where you put in X and get Y back. So why make it different for different characters/classes? The fact that idea go past initial discussion, let alone put into the game, amazes me a lot.

  17. #17
    Pretty much everyone hates it and it literally makes no sense.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Shadowlands Release Date will be October 20th or 27th, 2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •