Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Where would you want to live in WoW?

Hello everyone,

So I was thinking what if we were all transfered to a permanent VR experience in WoW, making Azeroth(and the entirety of WoW's universe) our forever abide.. If you were to pick a race, and a starting zone, where would you venture from there, alone or with friends, and which place would you make your home?

I don't want to create any rules for the world because the focus of this topic is discovering which zones and little nooks players find most cozy, but let's say there is redemption, there is also grouping, leveling, and identical loot, plus the possibility of receiving a permanent death is possible but is arbitrary(to make players show some restraint and seek wisdom in their new life).

With that in mind, I go first, I would likely create a blood elf due to where I would eventually want to settle once max level, Silvermoon, I just find it cozy, vibrant, and so calming at night, I just hope there won't be another dead scar again, so what about you?

I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

Darnassus... well... pre-burning

Otherwise Suramar or Ironforge. Both because they seem to like a good party. Suramar is just way more beautfiul. And Ironforge cozy

Silvermoon, while beautiful looks to me a bit cold. Could be the age of the engine

Telogrus Rift, because the view is amazing:

I mean, it's literally the cosmos so yeah.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think I would pick Dalaran as a place for my office, but I ‘d definitely not forget to have a cottage in Loch Modan (precataclysm).
    Chin up lil pup.

Peak of Serenity (pre-legion) in Pandaria.

I'd say pre-Cataclysm Southshore, for sure.

Goldshire

Grizzly Hills.

I'd be a human from Westfall, start my journey in Elwynn Forest of course. Don't think I'd be magically inclined, so a Warrior. Definitely 100% party play. #pockethealer

Moving to Northrend and settling in Grizzly Hills after the 4th War, simple life as a blacksmith.

Some Sword Art Online vibes is how I thought of your question!

Reminds me of the UP (Michigan) so it feels like home there, with the strong Nordic influences and all that
    Last edited by heerobya; 2020-07-16 at 01:40 PM.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    redridge mountains but w/o orcs and deadly animals
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Suramar for now. That place was just gorgeous.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hearthglen or Tyr's Hand are probably the 100% safe areas from any faction conflict
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Suramar for now. That place was just gorgeous.
    The trees are so perfect that they fit in urban environment. I love that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Stormwind or Dalaran. Maybe Suramar City post-Legion.

To begin with I'd want to live within the walls of a city, because the rest of the world does not seem very safe. The richest and most well-off people did the same in our world in the Middle Ages for a reason.

Always "For the Horde!" in game. But if I had to live in WoW I think I'd have to go with an Alliance location. Undercity is destroyed, but that was certainly never an option. Cold, damp, underground, no natural light. Would smell of sewers, rats and rotting flesh. Yuck! I'm an indoorsy person, and Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff seems more like the kind of place you'd enjoy if you liked going to Scouts camp as a kid or something. Not the best indoor locations. You'd also have to accept an abundance of Forsaken going about their business. Imagine sitting down for a nice meal, just to have an Undead couple seated next to you, smelling of rotten flesh? Or a Tauren, with a cows moist snout in their face? Not to mention all that fur. And these Horde locales don't seem like the types of places where people shower that often. At best they're like an ancient Roman city, at worst a permanent Roman Legion war camp. So the only Horde city that would be acceptable is Quel'Thalas. Probably Tauren and Undead encounters are not as much there, but that is probably because it is a less diverse place. Probably the population is more homogeneous and insular, mostly Blood Elves the region. That's a negative in my book. It's also on the periphery of the Horde, politically, culturally, economically, militarily, far from the other Horde centers, quite isolated on Eastern Kingdoms as far as Horde settlements go, and on the edge of the world. Not to mentioned that most people are genetically altered by infusion of Fel energy, not sure that is a great.

So, the Horde, sadly, has to be discarded. That leaves the Alliance, or Dalaran. But Dalaran is too small, had some of the Horde city issues, and seeks out conflicts. No thanks.
    So this should be quite easy:

Stormwind!

It's the cultural, political, economic and military center of the Alliance, is it not? Probably the most cosmopolitan, diverse and secure out of their cities. It has parks, a harbor, plenty of good farm lands and forests to sustain the population with good, fresh food. A nice forest to take walks in, provided it is safe from gnolls and Defias bandits of course. It has a subway to another major city, Ironforge. The races who would dwell there do not have any of the problems of the Horde races, aside from Worgen who may have smelly fur, but they could always turn to humans if they are considerate of their surroundings. It's in a place of the world that ought to have a pleasant climate to live in. It seems to have the best housing, and should have plenty of food prepared in a way that I as a human would like. Because I'd probably still want to be human. Possibly a High Elf, because their lifespan is considerably longer, right? Still close enough to a human that I would not suffer too bad a case of body dysphoria. Also I imagine High Elves probably pass for "honorary humans", which would be a good thing to shield against racism that may exist or flare up in the city. Being a High Elf I should be able to build up wealth for a human lifetime, to live off as passive income for the rest of what should be a fairly comfortable existence with friends and family.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    To begin with I'd want to live within the walls of a city, because the rest of the world does not seem very safe. The richest and most well-off people did the same in our world in the Middle Ages for a reason.

Always "For the Horde!" in game. But if I had to live in WoW I think I'd have to go with an Alliance location. Undercity is destroyed, but that was certainly never an option. Cold, damp, underground, no natural light. Would smell of sewers, rats and rotting flesh. Yuck! I'm an indoorsy person, and Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff seems more like the kind of place you'd enjoy if you liked going to Scouts camp as a kid or something. Not the best indoor locations. You'd also have to accept an abundance of Forsaken going about their business. Imagine sitting down for a nice meal, just to have an Undead couple seated next to you, smelling of rotten flesh? Or a Tauren, with a cows moist snout in their face? Not to mention all that fur. And these Horde locales don't seem like the types of places where people shower that often. At best they're like an ancient Roman city, at worst a permanent Roman Legion war camp. So the only Horde city that would be acceptable is Quel'Thalas. Probably Tauren and Undead encounters are not as much there, but that is probably because it is a less diverse place. Probably the population is more homogeneous and insular, mostly Blood Elves the region. That's a negative in my book. It's also on the periphery of the Horde, politically, culturally, economically, militarily, far from the other Horde centers, quite isolated on Eastern Kingdoms as far as Horde settlements go, and on the edge of the world. Not to mentioned that most people are genetically altered by infusion of Fel energy, not sure that is a great.

So, the Horde, sadly, has to be discarded. That leaves the Alliance, or Dalaran. But Dalaran is too small, had some of the Horde city issues, and seeks out conflicts. No thanks.
    So this should be quite easy:

Stormwind!

It's the cultural, political, economic and military center of the Alliance, is it not? Probably the most cosmopolitan, diverse and secure out of their cities. It has parks, a harbor, plenty of good farm lands and forests to sustain the population with good, fresh food. A nice forest to take walks in, provided it is safe from gnolls and Defias bandits of course. It has a subway to another major city, Ironforge. The races who would dwell there do not have any of the problems of the Horde races, aside from Worgen who may have smelly fur, but they could always turn to humans if they are considerate of their surroundings. It's in a place of the world that ought to have a pleasant climate to live in. It seems to have the best housing, and should have plenty of food prepared in a way that I as a human would like. Because I'd probably still want to be human. Possibly a High Elf, because their lifespan is considerably longer, right? Still close enough to a human that I would not suffer too bad a case of body dysphoria. Also I imagine High Elves probably pass for "honorary humans", which would be a good thing to shield against racism that may exist or flare up in the city. Being a High Elf I should be able to build up wealth for a human lifetime, to live off as passive income for the rest of what should be a fairly comfortable existence with friends and family.

:P
    I must agree that Stormwind can be someone's safest bet, it's got all the quintessentials that someone needs and it's well connected with the rest of the world, it can't even be compared to most of the horde's barren cities where you struggle to find even the primary resources, if it weren't for blood elves I would have also picked the alliance, until they added the nightborne, Suramar is very good and I would only leave it occasionally once I'm max level.

I would love to be spend time at that harbor everyday, probably hop on a boat and go to Kultiras sometimes and admire how Alliance cities are so well guarded.. There's only ban'dinoriel that would protect the people in Silvermoon, and even that has been broken before, yes it was mostly due to betrayal but it still got dispelled, otherwise I really like the Western side of the capital in Suntriser Isle or Sunsail Anchorage

Stormwind isn't a great place to live in precisely because it's the capital of the Alliance (the only remaining mortal superpower after the Siege of Orgrimmar, thus the target of many enemies of the world). Indeed it has been attacked and almost destroyed so many times in the recent lore decade. The Scourge, Deathwing, Iron Horde, Primals, and Horde all attempted and came close to destroying it. Definitely not the place you'd want to live in if you are looking for a safe and peaceful life.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

In Grizzly Hills living in a lodge somewhere cozy and save. I could make a good living as a hunter and leatherworker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonglade.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Hinterlands. It has some nice views.

I'd retire my character to (my top choices)

1. Grizzly Hills
    2. Jade Forest