Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Protection Paladin in Shadowlands.. Thoughts?

What do you guys think?
    I know people don't like holy power, I personally like it more than charges on SoTR.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going tank in Shadowlands. Tired of all the sims and mid maxing dps all the time.

Debating on Warrior or Paladin atm but I feel like Paladin is more of a "tank" to me.

So, do you like the changes? Why?

Not in the beta myself but looking at videos and reading about the changes they’re apparently really good. Preach and others even mentioned them being the most fun class in Torghast.

Still not 100% sure on what to main in Shadowlands but Paladin is in the mix.

15+ Year Old Account
    My main in Shadowlands will be my prot warrior. I've been going back and forth trying to decide a main for months and I finally decided that I'll just main my paladin and tank.

Rogue and Warrior were in the runnings but, Prot Pally wins. I also love how ret and holy feel right now. Paladins are in a good spot IMO. (I don't PvP, Just PvE)

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So, do you like the changes? Why?
    I don't play FOTM in any way, shape or form. I have been Protection for years because I LIKE being Protection. Why change that?

I'm not in the beta atm but everything I've seen Prot looks awesome and I was prot from TBC until Warlords. I may have to go back to tanking this xpac and Prot Pal is at the top of my list if that is true. I would love to go back to my old main.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do a lot of raid tanking (generally up to Heroic, but not Mythic), but not so much M+, for some reason M+ scares me more than raid tanking.

In Shadowlands i will probably do more of the same.

With covenant abilitys and followers mandatory per spec like legion, prob i will go paladin healer

ret pally is the same crap in SL as now in bfa
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I don't play FOTM in any way, shape or form. I have been Protection for years because I LIKE being Protection. Why change that?
    Maybe you dislike holy power coming back?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    While my prot. paladin is just one of my many alts, I do like the supposed changes so far. Sounds more engaging than the current itteration.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Maybe you dislike holy power coming back?
    Nope. I don't mind.

prob i will for tank or healer as main spec

ret still will be a crap dps in shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

i think people should enjoy it on beta before they nerf it, again, before live. its head and shoulders above most other tanks. theres now way it goes live tuned as is.

Prot using Holy power was done before and then quickly removed as it was terrible, I dont like it, that said I dont like it on Ret or Holy either. They removed Light of the protector and rolled it into Word of Glory but now it requires 3 holy power to use instead of being an instant cast heal. WoG being linked to Judgement via shining light makes this change pretty ..uhh redundant, were they trying to add some complexity to the rotation here ??, The stupid amount of abilities that generate holy power make having holy power at all ... pointless, prot is never at any time going to be starved for holy power.

Meh is how I feel about the changes, Ill adapt or bench my tank to mog faming I guess.

Ill reserve final judgement till level 60 and have access to covenants and leggos but some of the changes just seem well redundant and change simply to change stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    prob i will for tank or healer as main spec

ret still will be a crap dps in shadowlands
    So .. SNAFU for ret then lol.

I have had no issues using HP this beta. I had no issues using HP as protection when it was tried before. If they remove it and go back to mana, It still wouldn't bother me. The spec still seems to play the same way.

how insightful.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was always holy, and off specced ret for dailies and solo play. I went prot this expansion because my group needed a tank and I absolutely love it. I would still switch into ret for solo play, but more and more I just stayed in prot for everything. I'll be leveling as prot in shadowlands and don't see myself going ret at all unless I have to.

I haven't paid much attention to shadowlands changes, so I really don't know of any of the paladin changes for better or worse. Going prot regardless.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I have had no issues using HP this beta. I had no issues using HP as protection when it was tried before. If they remove it and go back to mana, It still wouldn't bother me. The spec still seems to play the same way.
    I dont have any issues using it either, still doesnt make me like it, it is just a change so they can say they changed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    I dont have any issues using it either, still doesnt make me like it, it is just a change so they can say they changed something.
    I think it's just to make all three specs more uniform using HP. Might make it easier to swap specs for some.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I think it's just to make all three specs more uniform using HP. Might make it easier to swap specs for some.
    Thats the trap Blizz keeps falling for making specs too similar and uniform, specs having differences is fine, really wish they would concentrate on changes that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Thats the trap Blizz keeps falling for making specs too similar and uniform, specs having differences is fine, really wish they would concentrate on changes that matter.
    It's not that they would be too similar. Just using the same resource. Ret and prot feel completely different other than managing HP.