Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Last Monday wave was random. Raiders got it on build day.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification <3

I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.
    (Plus randoms in every wave included the above, as pointed out by glowpipe below).

After that, it seems entirely random.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post

At this stage in the beta its a bot that sends invites, that would be my best guess.
    And its tied to whatever content they are testing, so if they are testing raid encounters then raiders are given priority.

Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.
    Its not the case lol. But its "hard" to find an enviroment that works for testing purposes.. Testing the raid in a pug isnt as efficient as testing together as a guild. Is a heroic raiding guild equally active as a currently mythic raiding guild? I mean most likely people have stepped down their playtime in heroic raiding guilds as everything is on farm. And mythic kills is a little bit more challenging, taking longer time and generally you need a pretty good understanding of mechanics.
    I'm not saying this is the case but its what makes most sense right? At least for the first few test runs on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.

After that, it seems entirely random.
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas
    Aye, there's definitely randoms in every invite wave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Our whole guild got in the BfA beta for raid testing (although we were only just top 300), which was nice. Hoping the rest of my current guild get in this beta wave, as only 60% got in last week.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in

For the most part there is no rhyme or reason people get invited, I was in the last 4 and none this time yet and as others said, my account was created in 2005, I even safe botted on it back TBC to level my Druid and had GM's almost ban me a few times in Vanilla/TBC for Redridge Inn camping haha.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-07-28 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.

Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?

Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.
    Grats to you! I still haven't finished Ny'Alotha at all. Even money I get an invite before AOTC or maybe a Normal/LFR clear.

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?
    Definitely on the lower side.

Forming a dungeon group can be quite difficult at times.

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    /who 60 <insert class here> very rarely shows 50 people. It's pretty damn low.

Edit: 15 level 60 Warriors on the beta right now on "The Maw" server.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 10:10 PM.

If people are having trouble even getting groups, time to get the masses in? It's August in 3-4 days. 3 months to November. Just so you know that I know how the calendar works... lol
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

It's definitely time to ramp up the invites a bit.