Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    High Overlord Bearded Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southwest Michigan
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Last Monday wave was random. Raiders got it on build day.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification <3

  2. #242
    I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

    Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

    Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.
    (Plus randoms in every wave included the above, as pointed out by glowpipe below).

    After that, it seems entirely random.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 08:44 PM.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

    Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?
    At this stage in the beta its a bot that sends invites, that would be my best guess.
    And its tied to whatever content they are testing, so if they are testing raid encounters then raiders are given priority.

  5. #245
    The Patient Hammerzeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    299
    Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.
    Its not the case lol. But its "hard" to find an enviroment that works for testing purposes.. Testing the raid in a pug isnt as efficient as testing together as a guild. Is a heroic raiding guild equally active as a currently mythic raiding guild? I mean most likely people have stepped down their playtime in heroic raiding guilds as everything is on farm. And mythic kills is a little bit more challenging, taking longer time and generally you need a pretty good understanding of mechanics.
    I'm not saying this is the case but its what makes most sense right? At least for the first few test runs on the beta.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.

    After that, it seems entirely random.
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas
    Aye, there's definitely randoms in every invite wave as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.
    Our whole guild got in the BfA beta for raid testing (although we were only just top 300), which was nice. Hoping the rest of my current guild get in this beta wave, as only 60% got in last week.

  10. #250
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in

  12. #252
    For the most part there is no rhyme or reason people get invited, I was in the last 4 and none this time yet and as others said, my account was created in 2005, I even safe botted on it back TBC to level my Druid and had GM's almost ban me a few times in Vanilla/TBC for Redridge Inn camping haha.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  13. #253
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-07-28 at 08:51 PM.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

    Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.

  15. #255
    Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?

  16. #256
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

    Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.
    Grats to you! I still haven't finished Ny'Alotha at all. Even money I get an invite before AOTC or maybe a Normal/LFR clear.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?
    Definitely on the lower side.

    Forming a dungeon group can be quite difficult at times.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?
    /who 60 <insert class here> very rarely shows 50 people. It's pretty damn low.

    Edit: 15 level 60 Warriors on the beta right now on "The Maw" server.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 10:10 PM.

  19. #259
    If people are having trouble even getting groups, time to get the masses in? It's August in 3-4 days. 3 months to November. Just so you know that I know how the calendar works... lol
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  20. #260
    It's definitely time to ramp up the invites a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •