Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Who gives a shit when the invite process is random. Even if you were banned many times you may be randomly chosen and invited.

Stop trying to "crack" the code on how to get invited to a beta, when there is none.
    Wrong. It's not completely random. They do certain criteria invites such as inviting those with cutting edge prior to a certain date. They also typically only invite those with accounts having a good standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensorrow View Post
    First time posting, long time lurker. I have been playing wow since the original beta. I have been in every beta so far and recently got this one as well. I hope those of you who have not gotten in yet do so soon. In fact I wish I could just gift you mine. After 15 years of wow I finally gave up and tried FF14. What a incredible, amazing game. After playing it, it is difficult to go back and play wow. The difference in product is just eye-opening.

As for the beta. Sadly it is just BFA in a new skin. Very little has changed and it is just more of the same. I have been the biggest wow fan for a long time but finally I have come to realize this ship has sailed. It is very clear that the game is on maintenance mode. As much as I hate to admit that, it does not change the perception I got from beta. It is heartbreaking and sad to see the current and future state of the game which I loved for so long look so bleak.

I wish you all the best in shadowlands. Maybe, someday, wow will once again be best in field. IMHO that torch was passed to someone else awhile ago.
    Well this is all very believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Wrong. It's not completely random. They do certain criteria invites such as inviting those with cutting edge prior to a certain date. They also typically only invite those with accounts having a good standing.
    Nah, this isn't the case unless it's something new with Shadowlands. I've gotten into every beta (and a few alphas) and I've been suspended several times.

First time posting, long time lurker. I have been playing wow since the original beta. I have been in every beta so far and recently got this one as well. I hope those of you who have not gotten in yet do so soon. In fact I wish I could just gift you mine. After 15 years of wow I finally gave up and tried FF14. What a incredible, amazing game. After playing it, it is difficult to go back and play wow. The difference in product is just eye-opening.

As for the beta. Sadly it is just BFA in a new skin. Very little has changed and it is just more of the same. I have been the biggest wow fan for a long time but finally I have come to realize this ship has sailed. It is very clear that the game is on maintenance mode. As much as I hate to admit that, it does not change the perception I got from beta. It is heartbreaking and sad to see the current and future state of the game which I loved for so long look so bleak.

I wish you all the best in shadowlands. Maybe, someday, wow will once again be best in field. IMHO that torch was passed to someone else awhile ago.
    it will be a while if it even happens xd

but nice post overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

They only do this during Alpha >.<

ffs I think I am writing this here for the 5th time already. Blizzard has actually confirmed and very well explained how they are doing alpha and how they are doing beta invites. Why people just don't look it up and instead make speculation threads like this is just incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They only do this during Alpha >.<

ffs I think I am writing this here for the 5th time already. Blizzard has actually confirmed and very well explained how they are doing alpha and how they are doing beta invites. Why people just don't look it up and instead make speculation threads like this is just incredible.
    They sent out a massive raider-focused invite wave for raid testing last week during beta. It's not just a "during alpha" thing.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think the torch has been passed to any game. XIV doesn't appeal to the untapped market that WoW has leaked over the years.

They also typically only invite those with accounts having a good standing.
    Nah, this is incorrect. I've been in all the betas from Cataclysm and onward and I've been suspended 3 times and once permanently banned (which was overturned) and it seems to have had no bearing on whether or not I've gotten into the betas

- - - Updated - - -

This is about what I was expecting as well. People tend to hype the heck out of Beta just because it's new content, rather than trying to estimate how that same content is going to feel a few weeks into launch. I mean, BFA for all its complaints had quite a lot of content on launch and although people were very skeptical to the azerite system it seemed to have overall positive press.

I imagine Shadowlands is not going to be the next Legion, and nothing has really given me reason to be very hyped. I'll still give it a go though

I got into BfA beta 2 weeks after it opened. But I only realised this recently when I checked back through my emails. Probably screwed myself out of the chance for this beta now that I didn’t even use my last one, oops! Still hopeful though. Good luck everyone for the (probable) wave later today!

Quote Originally Posted by Susperia View Post
    I got into BfA beta 2 weeks after it opened. But I only realised this recently when I checked back through my emails. Probably screwed myself out of the chance for this beta now that I didn’t even use my last one, oops! Still hopeful though. Good luck everyone for the (probable) wave later today!
    Just checked my email from BfA beta myself, got it the day the beta opened. I did play in the beta though.

doffen - You’re Invited to the Battle for Azeroth Beta Test!
    I just hope I read this soon:
    doffen - You’re Invited to the Shadowlands Beta Test!

Remember, your feedback will directly impact the quality of the final game—our developers are standing by! Nice jk!

Hehe, just joking here..

It's 8.30 AM in Irvine atm!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 03:27 PM.

I know folks are excited to try stuff early, but it really does take away from the experience on launch day. I had alpha and beta for both Legion and BFA, but haven't had anything yet for Shadowlands. And I'm probably more excited for SL now because everything would be new

Only got a beta invite once, to MOP, and that was after I'd been unsubbed for a long time. Wonder if they still try to entice people who quit back with a beta invite...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varly View Post
    I know folks are excited to try stuff early, but it really does take away from the experience on launch day. I had alpha and beta for both Legion and BFA, but haven't had anything yet for Shadowlands. And I'm probably more excited for SL now because everything would be new
    For me, I've been invited into every beta since MoP. Haven't been into the SL beta yet though. I like seeing the progress of a game and being part of the feedback system.

I've gotten into MoP due to the annual pass deal and then into WoD and Legion beta thanks to a beta key given out by a really small gaming website in my country where they just gave them to the people that send an email within the first 30 mins of putting up a post about it.

I did got into BFA Beta quite early from just being flagged by Blizzard but so did my girlfriend and my brother, both of them never being invited before BFA so think it was just a big wave.

So far nothing for SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to everybody this week

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Nah, this is incorrect. I've been in all the betas from Cataclysm and onward and I've been suspended 3 times and once permanently banned (which was overturned) and it seems to have had no bearing on whether or not I've gotten into the betas

- - - Updated - - -

This is about what I was expecting as well. People tend to hype the heck out of Beta just because it's new content, rather than trying to estimate how that same content is going to feel a few weeks into launch. I mean, BFA for all its complaints had quite a lot of content on launch and although people were very skeptical to the azerite system it seemed to have overall positive press.

I imagine Shadowlands is not going to be the next Legion, and nothing has really given me reason to be very hyped. I'll still give it a go though
    Good standing just means you arent currently banned or suspended. If a suspension ends on tuesday your account is "in good standing" on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I dreamt I got beta invite this morning. Please save me.
    Might be a good sign though. i had dreamed of getting invites in past betas, and usually got them 2-3 weeks later
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I've gotten into the beta for every expansion since MoP. Still waiting on my invite. I'm looking forward to it!

Another wave went out, just got an invite.

12/12M

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire21 View Post
    Another wave went out, just got an invite.

12/12M
    Damn. Well congrats dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Damn. Well congrats dude.
    Man, if only BfA wasn't so bad I might have continued raiding and gotten in these last two weeks .

God forbid they let the plebs raid test.