Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I know folks are excited to try stuff early, but it really does take away from the experience on launch day. I had alpha and beta for both Legion and BFA, but haven't had anything yet for Shadowlands. And I'm probably more excited for SL now because everything would be new

Only got a beta invite once, to MOP, and that was after I'd been unsubbed for a long time. Wonder if they still try to entice people who quit back with a beta invite...

Quote Originally Posted by Varly View Post
    I know folks are excited to try stuff early, but it really does take away from the experience on launch day. I had alpha and beta for both Legion and BFA, but haven't had anything yet for Shadowlands. And I'm probably more excited for SL now because everything would be new
    For me, I've been invited into every beta since MoP. Haven't been into the SL beta yet though. I like seeing the progress of a game and being part of the feedback system.

I've gotten into MoP due to the annual pass deal and then into WoD and Legion beta thanks to a beta key given out by a really small gaming website in my country where they just gave them to the people that send an email within the first 30 mins of putting up a post about it.

I did got into BFA Beta quite early from just being flagged by Blizzard but so did my girlfriend and my brother, both of them never being invited before BFA so think it was just a big wave.

So far nothing for SL.

Good luck to everybody this week

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Nah, this is incorrect. I've been in all the betas from Cataclysm and onward and I've been suspended 3 times and once permanently banned (which was overturned) and it seems to have had no bearing on whether or not I've gotten into the betas

- - - Updated - - -

This is about what I was expecting as well. People tend to hype the heck out of Beta just because it's new content, rather than trying to estimate how that same content is going to feel a few weeks into launch. I mean, BFA for all its complaints had quite a lot of content on launch and although people were very skeptical to the azerite system it seemed to have overall positive press.

I imagine Shadowlands is not going to be the next Legion, and nothing has really given me reason to be very hyped. I'll still give it a go though
    Good standing just means you arent currently banned or suspended. If a suspension ends on tuesday your account is "in good standing" on Wednesday
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I dreamt I got beta invite this morning. Please save me.
    Might be a good sign though. i had dreamed of getting invites in past betas, and usually got them 2-3 weeks later
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    when i learned anythin from mmo-c then it is that shit is only bad when the horde does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I've gotten into the beta for every expansion since MoP. Still waiting on my invite. I'm looking forward to it!

Another wave went out, just got an invite.

12/12M

once again, rip no invite.

i think they're punishing me for unsubbing during bfa-i got invited the first week every other beta since mop.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lganis/ilyiana
    Professional glass cannon since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire21 View Post
    Another wave went out, just got an invite.

12/12M
    Damn. Well congrats dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Damn. Well congrats dude.
    Man, if only BfA wasn't so bad I might have continued raiding and gotten in these last two weeks .

God forbid they let the plebs raid test.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Man, if only BfA wasn't so bad I might have continued raiding and gotten in these last two weeks .

God forbid they let the plebs raid test.
    My issue. Everyone just kind of quit playing the game and was tired of guild hopping during mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    I can now The rest of us got in but the GM/RL still hasn't, haha.

12/12M.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I can now The rest of us got in but the GM/RL still hasn't, haha.

12/12M.
    Woot, grats! Have fun
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Might be a good sign though. i had dreamed of getting invites in past betas, and usually got them 2-3 weeks later
    Maybe, but not this day!

Ah well, maybe next week.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

Just got access:

US
    Subbed
    SL pre-ordered since day one
    12/12M

I didn't raid in BFA so I'm not even checking this week, might log onto Bnet the next wave after raid testing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I didn't raid in BFA so I'm not even checking this week, might log onto Bnet the next wave after raid testing.
    Looks like another 12/12M beta wave. I'm definitely pushing Mythic 9.3 content to guarantee a beta invite in two years... HA!

Anyone from EU that got beta invite today?
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.