Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I didn't raid in BFA so I'm not even checking this week, might log onto Bnet the next wave after raid testing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I didn't raid in BFA so I'm not even checking this week, might log onto Bnet the next wave after raid testing.
    Looks like another 12/12M beta wave. I'm definitely pushing Mythic 9.3 content to guarantee a beta invite in two years... HA!

Anyone from EU that got beta invite today?
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

Best Mage ever lived!

11/12M Raider here no invite yet hopefully kiling nzoth next week we will see

Hopefully us mere peasants can get in soon, I didn't raid this tier because BfA is shit. It seems most 12/12m people are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    Hopefully us mere peasants can get in soon, I didn't raid this tier because BfA is shit. It seems most 12/12m people are in now.
    i didn’t raid either.

Because I suck
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Nah, this is incorrect. I've been in all the betas from Cataclysm and onward and I've been suspended 3 times and once permanently banned (which was overturned) and it seems to have had no bearing on whether or not I've gotten into the betas
    i think what they mean with "in good standing" is that you are currently not banned. Doesn't matter if you have been banned in the past, since you have served your ban and done your "time"
    i have a friend that been banned for a couple of years for botting back in cataclysm and tbc. He was in the bfa alpha on the same account

Got beta today also in a 12/12M guild.....I've also been in almost every alpha or beta though since classic.

Man, starting to look like I should've been raiding! All these dang raid invites

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Man, starting to look like I should've been raiding! All these dang raid invites
    Yeah, us non-raiders don't amount to much. I mean, I used to raid, and used to get invites, but they utilized me for what they needed and might again, but it doesn't make it less insulting (in my entitled brain lol).

Mate of mine got invited today, he's 6/12M.

Rumor is it's only going to Cutting Edge players at the moment

EU
    Subbed since vanilla
    Pre-ordered (always has)
    Never recieved a beta from blizzard and hasnt changed in all the years (This goes for all their games except StarCraft since I had no interest in that genre)

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Rumor is it's only going to Cutting Edge players at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Mate of mine got invited today, he's 6/12M.
    Did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas
    Randoms DO get invites, but you can't deny that the same people getting early invites in nearly every xpac is a coincidence. There is SOMETHING there, but we have no clue what that something is. Until we get some juicy leaks from "inside the house", we'll never know. And, honestly, that's part of the fun of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Did you miss this?
    I feel like there's a very small pool of random invites, and then a much larger pool of targetted invites.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    I feel like there's a very small pool of random invites, and then a much larger pool of targetted invites.
    Probably, but to say it's only CE is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You can't possibly be this narrow-minded.

Case in point: streamers, new players, botters, unsubbed players, good testers (reporting every bug) - streamers get invited without fail, new players get invited just as much as good testers, previously banned players get invited. I've myself reported maybe 1-2 bugs total across all the WoW betas I've ever been on, and I've been banned more than once for a total of over 6 months (I got invited to the Legion beta while both banned and unsubbed). Yet I keep getting invited to betas.

Primarily for testing, hah.
    Yes. It's for testing. How else are they going to know what's going to be in patch X.1? They need the streamers to tell people what's wrong with the game. Then minions go-to the forums outraged about some non issue. Then Blizzard "learns" from their mistakes and makes the changes to fix the problems in beta. It's like you've never played the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    Randoms DO get invites, but you can't deny that the same people getting early invites in nearly every xpac is a coincidence. There is SOMETHING there, but we have no clue what that something is. Until we get some juicy leaks from "inside the house", we'll never know. And, honestly, that's part of the fun of all this.
    Alpha is targeted. Beta is random but using targeted parameters. Testing dungeons? Invite lots of people who do lots of dungeons. Randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro