Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Is it monday in the US yet? It's early in Irvine isnt it? Does the EU get at same time as the US?
    It's Monday, just after Noon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    It's Monday, just after Noon I think.
    Aight, thanks. Still hope. Sorry, I could probably have googled it myself, appreciate it!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There should be a clock on MMOChampion showing current time at Blizzard's office.
    If people can't bother to google "la time right now", I think we would have this question anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's 2:36pm in Irvine right now. If there's going to be any invite waves today, it's going to be before 5pm for them. Usually when the business day ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be in the next hour or so if we're going by the original post in this thread.

It'll be in the next hour or so if we're going by the original post in this thread.
    We'll know in approximately 55 minutes...

I dont think there will be a wave today, but who knows.. Might be wrong. Hopefully something interesting in the next build, thats more important then playing the lottery to get invited.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    To reward players who play the game for ages. How would you feel if you play the game 16 hours a day for 15 years and got no beta but timmy who logs in twice a month for a random hc dungeon has beta access. Besides that - who do you think is better suited for testing the beta?

So, yes sub time actually matters.
    Given that Timmy is closer to the average player than I am, I'd be fine with that. If the game is fantastic for me but dogshit for casuals that's bad for the game and in the long run bad for me.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If people can't bother to google "la time right now", I think we would have this question anyway.
    Well, like I said, "its early in Irvine know isnt it?" followed by a question if EU get it at the same time as US it's more of a statement/question then asking the time, someone answered quickly, and that's a nice gesture anyway.

I don't think a clock is needed, though that would be a nice QoL if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Given that Timmy is closer to the average player than I am, I'd be fine with that. If the game is fantastic for me but dogshit for casuals that's bad for the game and in the long run bad for me.
    Pretty much. It's important to get a variety of opinions, as I'm not sure anything ever should be tested solely by people who "play the game 16 hours a day for 15 years" - & I'm saying that as someone who has often done that

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Pretty much. It's important to get a variety of opinions, as I'm not sure anything ever should be tested solely by people who "play the game 16 hours a day for 15 years" - & I'm saying that as someone who has often done that
    Fully agree, even the most casual 5 hour per month player should be able to come with feedback and concerns. Also raiders from different ladders. I think its nice that mythic raiders gets in early, but I bet there will be more casual players that will get mass invited within few weeks from now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking like a no go today. Probably Wednesday though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Looking like a no go today. Probably Wednesday though.
    Still got < 30 minutes given the original post got his invite around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentavius View Post
    Fairly certain for Alpha they stated a sub was required. I can't find similar official word on the Beta though.
    They also said long-time players in good standing would be prioritized. As a 2004 and continuing active subber, I can say this wasn't the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hope the people who do get beta actually TEST stuff instead of saying they got beta, log in for like 5 min then never log into it again, because they know their progress in beta will not carry over when the thing actually launches.

But even Ion mentioned it in the Preach discussion. they end up with way too many people who get beta but never actually log in to test it.

Still got < 30 minutes given the original post got his invite around that time.
    unless he got it before and just noticed it that day or it was a special kind of wave happening on a monday

if I remember from the previous betas in which I was in (WoD, Legion, BfA) they always went out after a new build was uploaded to the servers, I hope I'm wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i hope the people who do get beta actually TEST stuff instead of saying they got beta, log in for like 5 min then never log into it again, because they know their progress in beta will not carry over when the thing actually launches.

But even Ion mentioned it in the Preach discussion. they end up with way too many people who get beta but never actually log in to test it.
    I tested the shit out of mop, wod and legion... got BfA beta and just couldn't be arsed, the entire expansion was a dud from the moment it was announced for me.

Ready to get some mad testing on SL though.

Well looks like it's about that time if it's going to happen tonight. Anyone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Well looks like it's about that time if it's going to happen tonight. Anyone?
    Probably not gonna happen. Would look forward for Wednesday at this point. It's almost 5pm in Irvine, so the work day is coming to an end.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317109/...d-infographics

I don't know, but this got me annoyed. Yeah you are fucking welcome blizzard, invite more of us then for fuck sake.