Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think it was. I think it was a post that the official WoW Twitter account put out with a "Want a chance to Win a BfA Beta Code? Send a screenshot of your character doing something to the enemy factions bla bla bla"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I don't have cutting edge. I'm not a raider. I don't even have Ahead of the Curve.
    Last Monday wave was random. Raiders got it on build day.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That was the beginning of Alpha, which has always been that way. We are in beta now. It is completely random now.There is no influence anymore.
    The last wave was mainly cutting edge raiders for the raid testing. The regular waves are random, but it depends on what they need.

I just got an invite.

US
    Subbed
    SL Purchased
    Dolanar-

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I wonder, if you have to be subbed? I canceled my sub to wait for SL release several months ago. But I do have SL preordered so I clearly intend to play it.

Well... at any rate, I opted in on a whim. I have some things I would like to try out before the game releases, but I'm not going to cry myself to sleep, if I dont get beta.
    i havent ever seen any one not subbed get an invite before, but im willing to be proven wrong if some one has.

The people adding info about their status when they are not invited or talking about past expansion are defeating the purpose. The point was to see if there was a pattern with Region, Subscription Status and SL pre-purchase status for people GETTING the beta. So we could map if those factors have any weight on the invites. It's completely pointless to say you were invited in BFA on the 4th wave and you prepurchased SL but aren't in the beta yet. All that those entry do is muddy the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    It's not entirely random. This is what Blizzard did to decide the first waves:

"This first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists."

Does this mean that every player who has played WoW since Day 1, has an active account and has never been banned is already in the test? No. I imagine the numbers are still too high for that. But these things do influence selection chances and have done for a long time now.

As the waves get bigger the criteria becomes looser and the waves become bigger.
    i was in both the legion and bfa alpha from the first week, im not a streamer, have minimal social media connection's and i had a 72hr ban back in vanilla for ganking. i also dont know any one who works for blizz. i also took a long break and missed all of cata and 90% of mop.

still dont know why i got invited to them *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Dolanar View Post
    I just got an invite.

US
    Subbed
    SL Purchased
    Are you able to confirm if the invite just went through? Or could it have possibly come a different day?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    i havent ever seen any one not subbed get an invite before, but im willing to be proven wrong if some one has.
    In response to yours and another post, I received an Alpha invite to Battle for Azeroth, and a Beta invite to Legion. I wasn't subbed to the game during either of those invite periods. Also, I had a 6 month ban on my account in the past for botting, so previous actions don't preclude you from getting an invite. As of current, I am subscribed but haven't received an invite to SL Alpha/Beta.

EDIT: I also never pre-purchsed an expansion until the week or two leading up to official release.
    Last edited by Ehko; 2020-07-28 at 05:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Last Monday wave was random. Raiders got it on build day.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification <3

I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I never get invited to beta's. I opt in every time but nothing. I've been subbed since vanilla except for a small break during Cata, (nothing to do with wow). pre-ordered every expac within a week of it being available.

Does anyone know how they decide who gets invited? Even rumor based on statistics?
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.
    (Plus randoms in every wave included the above, as pointed out by glowpipe below).

After that, it seems entirely random.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post

At this stage in the beta its a bot that sends invites, that would be my best guess.
    And its tied to whatever content they are testing, so if they are testing raid encounters then raiders are given priority.

7+ Year Old Account
    Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Invites will probably go out tomorrow. They just announced raid testing on Thursday/Friday like last week. Sadly, they'll probably target CE raiders again.
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Makes the most sense to invite us. Actually the first time I'm seeing them prioritize CE raiders for beta testing. Maybe they did it before already, but I don't think that was the case.
    Its not the case lol. But its "hard" to find an enviroment that works for testing purposes.. Testing the raid in a pug isnt as efficient as testing together as a guild. Is a heroic raiding guild equally active as a currently mythic raiding guild? I mean most likely people have stepped down their playtime in heroic raiding guilds as everything is on farm. And mythic kills is a little bit more challenging, taking longer time and generally you need a pretty good understanding of mechanics.
    I'm not saying this is the case but its what makes most sense right? At least for the first few test runs on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Friends/family & streamers for the early alphas/publicity.
    Raiders (typically with CE) for raid testing.

After that, it seems entirely random.
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i was in both legion and bfa alpha. Legion so early that it didn't even have textures on some things out in val'shara. I have no family, nor friends in blizzard and im not a streamer. So randoms also get in alphas
    Aye, there's definitely randoms in every invite wave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Our whole guild got in the BfA beta for raid testing (although we were only just top 300), which was nice. Hoping the rest of my current guild get in this beta wave, as only 60% got in last week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I got in the beta 1st wave for Legion, and alpha for BfA, and I haven't raided hardcore since ICC, just to add to your point. It is random, even favoring older accounts doesn't take away the RNG factor, but it was obvious there was a special wave last week for CE players.
    The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in