Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Did you miss this?
    I feel like there's a very small pool of random invites, and then a much larger pool of targetted invites.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    I feel like there's a very small pool of random invites, and then a much larger pool of targetted invites.
    Probably, but to say it's only CE is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You can't possibly be this narrow-minded.

Case in point: streamers, new players, botters, unsubbed players, good testers (reporting every bug) - streamers get invited without fail, new players get invited just as much as good testers, previously banned players get invited. I've myself reported maybe 1-2 bugs total across all the WoW betas I've ever been on, and I've been banned more than once for a total of over 6 months (I got invited to the Legion beta while both banned and unsubbed). Yet I keep getting invited to betas.

Primarily for testing, hah.
    Yes. It's for testing. How else are they going to know what's going to be in patch X.1? They need the streamers to tell people what's wrong with the game. Then minions go-to the forums outraged about some non issue. Then Blizzard "learns" from their mistakes and makes the changes to fix the problems in beta. It's like you've never played the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    Randoms DO get invites, but you can't deny that the same people getting early invites in nearly every xpac is a coincidence. There is SOMETHING there, but we have no clue what that something is. Until we get some juicy leaks from "inside the house", we'll never know. And, honestly, that's part of the fun of all this.
    Alpha is targeted. Beta is random but using targeted parameters. Testing dungeons? Invite lots of people who do lots of dungeons. Randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro