Poll: Do you feel monster races are more a guy thing?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I know a few women who play the more "Monster" Races (I am guessing you mean like Orc?) I know a few who play male orcs and well, they are just as savage as orcs are in lore xD It's kinda funny how much they roast each other too.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think girls pick monstrous races FAR more often than guys do. Most guys opt to play female characters lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I honestly think girls pick monstrous races FAR more often than guys do. Most guys opt to play female characters lmao
    That's not my experience at all.

Every girl that has ever started playing WoW with me picked a cute female from a non monstrous race.

From my guy friends, I think 2 out of 20ish I played with were males.

Of course, that's highly anecdotal but I tend to believe if there were to be a massive census and people answered truthfully, most girls would be cute females whereas most guys would be male -> Monstrous or otherwise.

I have seen a lot of guys with female characters though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know about a dozen female players and about half of them are now playing Vulpera. They used to play Blood Elves.

I play everything but Darkspear Trolls because they're lame, and Female Orcs and Tauren because I don't find them attractive.

I don't care about race but if I have a choice I'll always choose a male because I'm a male ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I initially read this topic as men choosing between monsters or girls. I was not expecting the poll options that we had!

Of the females that I know that played or currently play, most played trolls, tauren, undead, or worgen. I know one draenei (does that count as a monster or not?) and one night elf. Those are of the ones I can name a race for; I generally don't pay too close attention to people's races, and those date back to Classic when the Horde only had "monster" races.

My Horde guild has a fair few women... and almost all of them are playing blood elves. And then vulpera were *very* popular when they came out. And then we also have a bunch of gay men, who play orcs and pandaren and such. I mean... I don't want to stereotype anyone, but there's something to it. Maybe it's just purely cultural, people were taught certain things they should be liking, so they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I know a few women who play the more "Monster" Races (I am guessing you mean like Orc?) I know a few who play male orcs and well, they are just as savage as orcs are in lore xD It's kinda funny how much they roast each other too.
    Haha, I love a chick fight, we got too spitfire gals in our guild, there more like the lads, but they fight each other more than anything, they both play BElves though, although one of them has a Panda and her first toon was a Tauren.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why not. I don't doubt there's an equal amount of guys that pick girly races, the same way girls might pick "manly" or "monstrous" races. I personally can't stand any race that deviates too farm from humans, but that's my personal choice

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    That's not my experience at all.

Every girl that has ever started playing WoW with me picked a cute female from a non monstrous race.

From my guy friends, I think 2 out of 20ish I played with were males.

Of course, that's highly anecdotal but I tend to believe if there were to be a massive census and people answered truthfully, most girls would be cute females whereas most guys would be male -> Monstrous or otherwise.

I have seen a lot of guys with female characters though.
    Thought so, I think in all my wow time I've only met one girl who played an orc female, but she said she liked playing the male models, but they usually weren't hot enough and felt the BElf males were a bit too pansy, lacking a manly option.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is over 15 years old info, check why blizz officially stated they added belfs, because girls don't play the 'ugly' races of horde
    also my best wow friend plays tauren, but i know she is exception, i play only male characters and i seem to be exception myself (i'm a guy, she is a girl)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I play mostly females because they just look better and got better animations. And I like females irl. Its nice to look at.

Only male chars I got in WoW is Worgen, Vulpera and..and...and.. thats it! But hey they are monsters! Especially vulpera, so foxxy! I just don't think males looks so good in WoW. First char I had was Night Elf Hunter male.. might explain a bit! :P

But for the question you ask in OP, yes, very much so. Voted "I've never really thought about it" though, because thats the truth for me.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-22 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't care about race but if I have a choice I'll always choose a male because I'm a male ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Me too, I just don't get why a guy would play female, but I know it happens and people think differently from me, so /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    It's not uncommon that many males prefer stronger, more fierce-looking races while many women prefer cute and pretty ones. In my experience, many male Horde players actually play female races which surprises me since the male Horde races look more badass, in my opinion.
    for me in mmo's my choice in race comes down to 2 things: does transmog look good on em?(like big shoulder with tauren),and are the cast animations good

MAYBE if a race has extremly op racial i could consider it

so be it strong fierce looking male or cute furry women,doesnt make a difference

More people play "Pretty" races period, there isn't even a debate to be had.

That said I would say more men than women to play monster races (of the overall minority). That said it has been my experience that Tauren are quite popular among women though (although that might be down to druid availability).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Me too, I just don't get why a guy would play female, but I know it happens and people think differently from me, so /shrug.
    read my first reply,thats the case in mmo's for me,but if im playing a singleplayer rpg,then yeah,i prefer male to roleplay,but in mmo's i dont care as its not about roleplay for me

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    this is over 15 years old info, check why blizz officially stated they added belfs, because girls don't play the 'ugly' races of horde
    also my best wow friend plays tauren, but i know she is exception, i play only male characters and i seem to be exception myself (i'm a guy, she is a girl)
    Funny that, huh, that in some places, us guys playing male characters is actually the exception, especially if you are a guy and play a male blood elf. I presume it's the same with Night elves or even more so, must be 2:1 female : male ratio on the race, and all the guys play males but also 3/4 of the females.

Draenai are goat monsters... so probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my sister always chooses the pretty races... her main and all her alts are elves... :P