Poll: Do you feel monster races are more a guy thing?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You prefer your female characters with dude names? I think you're the odd one.
    I don't get it either. Unlesss he means he gies his fem toons a silly name, like Lolzcatchsteal or lootninja - but most of those kinda names are on male toons, I typically feel are 13-17 year old boys, like my first few toons, but you grow out of it.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend doesn't play WoW but I showed her the races once and she liked Night Elf and Nightborne females. I think both girls in my Alliance guild's raiding team play Night Elves (one is DH tank, the other is m+ mainly focused resto druid). There was another healer who played DI Shaman.

I have played almost all of the races, but the more bestial ones reflect me in real life, I honestly live life like an animal for the most part and I am also hairy and built like a gorilla, it probably scares people when I am out shirtless all the time haha.

Most of the time I play a female character and I am a guy. From time to time, I will play male character but those are mostly for warriors. I do prefer to play a character aesthethically pleasing.

In pen and paper rpg, I will play a male character though because I can "build" him (physically) however I want.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know so many women who plays Worgen(male, because werewolves are hot apparently), troll(regular or Zandalari, male or female) and Tauren(female) and I myself being a woman play female tauren and male troll races. I have like 5 tauren females, two male trolls and 3 male belfs too. Also got a Pandaren(female) and a Vulpera(male). I want to play Nightborne but the males look so ugly I just can't make myself make one.

You will never see me play an orc however as I just find them ugly and boring.

I am also a strong defender of making Sethrak and Mogu playable and I know other women who wants them too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The good thing about male design for female characters is that they are very well done. Male characters on the other hand feelvery samey, always the seasoned , grizzled, hardcore dude.. in stark contrast to the females. Like they only know how to do one kind of guy.

I wonder what female players think of the male toons?
    As a woman I think they can be very hit and miss to be honest. Some are good like Worgen male and belf male(mostly because they look the closest to an actual human being unlike the actual human race in the game).
    Nelf males are ugly as sin but it's getting better with the new options.
    Goblin males are cool for what they are.
    Pandaren male has some cool designs.
    Undead male are cool, especially with their unique animations and tons of facial customisation.
    Zandalari male are cool too. They have a very imposing design.
    I actually prefer regular troll males over the females. Same with orcs.
    Draenei males are just so big compared to their female counterpart. Like fine, I got a size kink, but you can fit like 3 females across their chest side by side and they only have like 1 facial option and that is stoic angry.
    Nightborne males are ugly as sin which is a huge shame as the male NPC's look fine.
    I think younger and more relaxed faces could benefit most male races imo because as you mentioned you don't really have much to choose from.

My characters:
    Alliance
    One dwarf for each class, so ten of them. (Mage, warlock, paladin and monk is female, rest is male)
    Dark Iron dwarf female paladin
    Night Elf female Druid and Deamon Hunter
    Kul'tiran female Druid
    Void elf female Monk

Horde:
    Tauren male Shaman and Death Knight
    Undead female Warlock and Rogue
    Troll male Warrior and Hunter
    Troll female Mage
    Highmountain Tauren male Hunter
    Zandalari troll female Druid
    Tauren female Druid
    Blood elf female Paladin and Demon Hunter
    Mag'Har Orc male Warrior
    Panda female Monk

Have the rest of the allied races unlocked, just not sure what classes (and gender) to pick for them.
    Huh, Looks like I tend to pick female rather often.
    Last edited by Perudo; 2020-08-17 at 12:24 PM.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post

As a woman I think they can be very hit and miss to be honest. Some are good like Worgen male and belf male(mostly because they look the closest to an actual human being unlike the actual human race in the game).
    Nelf males are ugly as sin but it's getting better with the new options.
    Goblin males are cool for what they are.
    Pandaren male has some cool designs.
    Undead male are cool, especially with their unique animations and tons of facial customisation.
    Zandalari male are cool too. They have a very imposing design.
    I actually prefer regular troll males over the females. Same with orcs.
    Draenei males are just so big compared to their female counterpart. Like fine, I got a size kink, but you can fit like 3 females across their chest side by side and they only have like 1 facial option and that is stoic angry.
    Nightborne males are ugly as sin which is a huge shame as the male NPC's look fine.
    I think younger and more relaxed faces could benefit most male races imo because as you mentioned you don't really have much to choose from.
    I know right, it baffles me how they can call that "elf", yet the females can be pretty stunning on some options. But hey, when you look at human males and most of the males, you realise they don't know how to do decent or good looking males.

They do however know how to do monster males,.. worgen, orc, troll, Tauren, pandas, vulpera , they're all incredible -- however, dwarf, human, night elf, gnome, nightborne - in fact any human looking one save for the thalassian is just ghastly

for males i'd probably rank

1. Thalassian males

5. human males - some aren't bad, but only if you love the beef cake look. - it's the only look they do for humans

12. Nelf & Nightborne

14. Kul'tiran

17. Dwarf

19. Gnome

They tried with humans I've got to say, face wise, night elves, they did not - i can't stnad them cos I don't want to pray an old creepy looking dude, or only have 1 option that doesn't look like he is constantly pissed and has a few hours of life left - then the oversized hands...

Not reading nine pages, hopefully someone has already mentioned this, but doing so just in case. The recent John Staats book unequivocally and explicitly stated Blood Elves were added to the Horde because female Korean players wanted a pretty race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    BE was made for women and feminine boys because ppl thought Horde ugly
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    BE was made for women and feminine boys because ppl thought Horde ugly
    Oh pls, that's such a stereotype, why would it be made for feminine boys? You realise most guys look like the Blood elf male, that's why it's so popular. Most of us are not towering muscle mary hulks constantly at the gym, if we're fitter, we're more the blood elf gait - the figure is just more relatable.

And nothing feminine about demon hunters or void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The good thing about male design for female characters is that they are very well done. Male characters on the other hand feelvery samey, always the seasoned , grizzled, hardcore dude.. in stark contrast to the females. Like they only know how to do one kind of guy.

I wonder what female players think of the male toons?
    In my case, I see the opposite. While males being differently between them, females always look like the same, sexy, soft version, with thinner bodies and a much softer even human-like for a 'beast race' like orcs or trols for example.
    (Though Blizzard is bad at giving more than one body type? yeah, males often look too ripped also).
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2020-08-26 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    most of the females i knew in all those years, they tend to play blood elf females on horde side and draenei - nightelf female on alliance side. especially mooncloth robe is a big indicative if the person behind the toon is a female or not

my wife plays a female undead priest so there is that.

one girl i knew back in tbc ( she was our mt) was playing male tauren warrior. she was not a masculin girl tho, pretty feminine in fact. one day i asked why was she playing as a hairy male and she said that she likes the look of males so she is playing one. whatever sails your boat eh ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I play a night elf, a blood elf and a draenei.
    so yeah that meshes with what has already been said.

I have in the past, played orc lady and pandaren lady, but I do prefer to play as something that looks like how I would like to look if I weighed a little less and frequented the gym XD

Whether you think it's stereotypical or not, women tend to play the more aesthetic avatars. While men prefer more rough, scary appearances. Playable elements with horrible designs are disliked by both though (Like Kul Tirans)

Someone people go outside of the box, but the box is pretty well defined still.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2020-08-26 at 10:21 PM.

Girls play monster races as often as guys!

anybody who thinks an orc female rogue in t2 set is not sexy can jump off from their apartment.
    jokes aside, I have been playing the same male tauren warrior since vanilla. not a single change in his appearance etc.
    but this year for the firsttime i got chance to level alts thanks to av exp event. all of them are female.

any other mmo-rpg I absolutely make a female character. aaaaa my mage at blade&soul...

I do not know. I want to look at something beautiful. My exact opposite.
    Nonetheless, I would never give up my main male tauren warrior.
    Last edited by Gref; 2020-08-27 at 07:13 AM.