Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New World release date delayed (again)

So it seems like New World has been delayed till spring 2021. A real bummer. Was looking forward to it..

Source: https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...release-update

*Looks at Crucible go back to Beta and this game get super delayed*

Me thinks Amazon is not going to have a fun time entering the market.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinSum View Post
    *Looks at Crucible go back to Beta and this game get super delayed*

Me thinks Amazon is not going to have a fun time entering the market.
    I mean they picked like the most retarded genres to enter the market with, no to establish their very studios in the industry. Both live services, one a fucking MMO of all things, one the hardest markets to get into, the other a BR, at the very tail-end of the BR fad when the genre is saturated.

As for new world, I like the premise to a degree, but I haven't heard a single good thing so far about it and their gameplay trailers look awful. It's probably for the best they try to improve as much as possible.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean they picked like the most retarded genres to enter the market with, no to establish their very studios in the industry. Both live services, one a fucking MMO of all things, one the hardest markets to get into, the other a BR, at the very tail-end of the BR fad when the genre is saturated.

As for new world, I like the premise to a degree, but I haven't heard a single good thing so far about it and their gameplay trailers look awful. It's probably for the best they try to improve as much as possible.
    The game plays pretty good with decent gameplay, i think the main reason its being delayed is that it would lack enough content for endgame so they are going to add a lot more things to do, but most of the game is solid, played 20 hours on the alpha.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

This game has always had the smell of death surrounding it, and I fully expect it to completely disappear from view within a few weeks of launch, remaining a niche game for a few thousand players until they shut down the servers a year or so later.

And Amazon needs to learn how to generate hype for its little games. The only reason anyone knows this game even exists is that YouTubers included it on their "List of MMOGs coming out soon" videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better to delay it and Amazon can afford it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The game plays pretty good with decent gameplay, i think the main reason its being delayed is that it would lack enough content for endgame so they are going to add a lot more things to do, but most of the game is solid, played 20 hours on the alpha.
    Are they ever going to change that horrendous ui though...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Are they ever going to change that horrendous ui though...
    with 1 more year of development they could change lots of things but UI is fine

I remember another company that was always delaying releases. They made the most populator MMO to date.

I'd rather New World be released and good than just put it out crap that is buggy and is really a beta release.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    with 1 more year of development they could change lots of things but UI is fine
    It looks like it's out of the 90s

It is far better to delay a game rather than publish it and have a ton of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess they realized that maybe launching game with barely any endgame worth mentioning (and MMO at that) and winging it with "don't worry folks, we will have monthly content updates" is not a very sustainable plan.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they will have enough sense to make a really massive closed beta. Their no instances concept is a huge gamble when it comes to PvE and it really needs good feedback there, it really is one of those decisions that can wreck the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They poached so many devs and can't get a game out. I always hope people's hard work pays off but I think Amazon thought they could just throw money to enter the market.

Is New World and the LOTR MMO the same thing?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    This game has always had the smell of death surrounding it, and I fully expect it to completely disappear from view within a few weeks of launch, remaining a niche game for a few thousand players until they shut down the servers a year or so later.

And Amazon needs to learn how to generate hype for its little games. The only reason anyone knows this game even exists is that YouTubers included it on their "List of MMOGs coming out soon" videos.
    All the game is lacking atm is content, just not enough to do so once they add more and with an extra year of developing it will do more than fine for an MMO, the game already has a decent solid base and many are waiting on it so its not going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smedley is the game director, so i am not sure how people are expecting this to be something great. Especially if you know his track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Smedley is the game director, so i am not sure how people are expecting this to be something great. Especially if you know his track record.
    Not expecting anything, other than for it to crash and burn upon release.
    Anything else if a nice bonus for them,. but i'm certainly not about to start shelling out a monthly fee for a game that looks pretty unoriginal and uninspired.

As soon as we hear "open world pvp focused" when it comes to an mmo we already knew how it'd go.

Unless they turn around and make a heavy amount of instanced content and go themepark then its just gonna be another BDO or what have you.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They poached so many devs and can't get a game out. I always hope people's hard work pays off but I think Amazon thought they could just throw money to enter the market.

Is New World and the LOTR MMO the same thing?
    Well, those developers are working on multiple projects. Some were on that capture the flag game that got canceled early, some are on Crucible, some are on this, and some are working on the upcoming LOTR MMO with Leyou, the initial Chinese developer that announced the project last year.

As for the delay, it's more likely due to them making a late transition from a more hardcore open world PvP sandbox-style game which it was initially designed as to a more traditional MMO with the trimmings (group PvE content, crafting, etc. etc. etc.) The shift left those trimmings...serviceable by the looks of things, though far from remotely impressive. After Crucible faceplanted so hard that they had to take it back into closed beta for work (after axing two game modes within the first few weeks after launch) I imagine they're looking to avoid repeating that scenario.

And New World is a very different game. It's more of a fantasy 1600's colonial era setting.

I hope it's worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ianbromiley View Post
    I hope it's worth the wait.
    Nothing they've shown so far even remotely indicates that will be the case.