10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That last bit of Vol'jin's VO about his time as Warchief is gold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That last bit of Vol'jin's VO about his time as Warchief is gold.
    I think it's kind of sad they have to poke fun at how bad their own writing is to try and get people to laugh it off.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2020-07-30 at 01:19 PM.
    Twas brillig

Because he was the most useless warchief in history. The only noteworthy thing he did as warchief was choosing Sylvanas as his successor, and that wasn't only an incredibly dumb move, but he also did literally as he was dying. At least Vol'jin is self-aware of his own incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because he was the most useless warchief in history. The only noteworthy thing he did as warchief was choosing Sylvanas as his successor, and that wasn't only an incredibly dumb move, but he also did literally as he was dying. At least Vol'jin is self-aware of his own incompetence.
    Eh, he was decent in MoP up until the end where he fumbled and couldn't get in the gates of Org.

That was... bad.

But he's always felt like he was the only character in WoW not fudging his rolls and having to actually play realpolitik.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I think it's kind of sad they have to poke fun at how bad their own writing is to try and get people to laugh it off.
    I am admittedly a sucker for self-effacing humor, and the way the VO delivers the line is just perfect. Bit of a meta-commentary perhaps, but if you can't laugh at your own mistakes then you'll never go far in overcoming them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Taelia will save Anduin, a subversion of the Princess and the White Knight

What subversion, at this point Anduin has a track record of being saved by strong women. He would have died at Lordaeron if it wasn't for Alleria and Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    It’s weird because Legion I felt wasn’t bad really.
    Really? The expansion with Demon space ships, lightforged Nathrezim, Illidan 2.0, Argus survivors, Turalyon character assassination (they turned him into a cringe wind chime heretic) etc. didn't feel bad to you?

I mean, don't get me wrong. BfA and Shadowlands are much worse in terms of lore but Legion was a disaster.

I am admittedly a sucker for self-effacing humor, and the way the VO delivers the line is just perfect. Bit of a meta-commentary perhaps, but if you can't laugh at your own mistakes then you'll never go far in overcoming them.
    You could condense every single even remotely comedic thing in the history of the human race into liquid then have Blizzard's writers drink it and they still wouldn't go far in overcoming their mistakes. If anything, it will only make them repeat those mistakes even faster than they otherwise would (which is pretty much a guaranteed deal either way), just to fish for positive reaction when they make self aware jokes the next time as well.

Though given how they repeatedly try to portray their own work as fantastic, calling it self-aware is likely overselling it. Chances are they still think it's just bees knees and the joke is nothing more than empty lip service to pander to the playerbase to get some praise out of it for once while they grit their teeth.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-07-30 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They're not laughing at their own mistakes, they want US to laugh at their mistakes, and ignore just how badly they fumbled earlier writing.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    So Taelia doesn't even flinch over the fact that her dad used to be the Lich King?

Yeah, sure. I would also care for a man who left me in care to another person as a child and now came back as a crispy "sort-of-dead-but-not-really" human, who commands the Knight of the Ebon Blade. Totally would love him.

Not saying she should hate him or anything, but I've anticipated some sort of hesitation from her part.
    You didn't get the lesson of Before the Storm. Undeath is just a mild skin condition that no one in-lore actually cares about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So Taelia doesn't even flinch over the fact that her dad used to be the Lich King?

Yeah, sure. I would also care for a man who left me in care to another person as a child and now came back as a crispy "sort-of-dead-but-not-really" human, who commands the Knight of the Ebon Blade. Totally would love him.

Not saying she should hate him or anything, but I've anticipated some sort of hesitation from her part.
    I mean, what were you expecting? Just take a look at the other characters they've defiled so far.

The explanation for why Alexandros Mograine is fine with being in the Scourge-light afterlife is because the Undead that reside there who stitch together unworthy souls as mindless monstrosities forever to serve in their armies are apparently honorable enough for a Paladin who dedicated his life to eradicating undead.
    Within war-torn Maldraxxus, might —of all kinds— makes right. Here, in the birthplace of necromantic magic, those who master the powers of death turn legions of ambitious souls into relentless undead armies.
    Scratch the entire Mograine story arc about Darion's sacrifice in order to free his father from servitude to the Scourge. It's all meaningless. Consider your expectations subverted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They're not laughing at their own mistakes, they want US to laugh at their mistakes, and ignore just how badly they fumbled earlier writing.
    I don't think anyone can ignore their mistakes or fumbles, which is why I don't really read that level of malevolence into this. YMMV depending on how seriously you take it, though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Vol'Jin becomes a Loa.

He won't be the leader of Darkspear tribe anymore.
    If the rumors are true.. voljin+rezan will be the darkspear and zandalari master loa, bringing them even closer together. Atleast I hope so.

If only rastakahn...

I don't think anyone can ignore their mistakes or fumbles, which is why I don't really read that level of malevolence into this. YMMV depending on how seriously you take it, though.
    I wouldnt describe it as malevolence, just stupidity.

I find it interesting that Bolvar not only has the title High-lord, but also of the Ebon Blade. He allied/used the Ebon Blade during Legion but was never part of it in any way to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What subversion, at this point Anduin has a track record of being saved by strong women. He would have died at Lordaeron if it wasn't for Alleria and Jaina.
    in fairy tales the knight saves the princess and they get married, that will happen.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in fairy tales the knight saves the princess and they get married, that will happen.
    dang can't wait for a Draenei counterpart of Liadrin to debut in WoW
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

She never meets him as the Lich King and Highlord Crispy Bolvar acts heroic and kind like her father. Why would she be creeped out by him?

It's always been bad writing that humans in the Warcraftverse go fucking nuts if someone they love changes their appearance. The Zellig storyline is horrible in this aspect.