10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    i love world of warcraft, and it hurts me when lore becomes the agenda.

Your consistent bashing of Anduin and the story imply otherwise. If anybody has an agenda they are trying to push, it looks like you.

Anduin must haunt your dreams every single night.

i cringe every time
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...83402275774464
    and now all men in the world of warcraft must be soft, but if you write a soft woman, you become sexist and don't respect women. Bring back Chris Metzen.
    imagine discussing lore in a lore thread instead of culture war BS
    If every generic movie plot where a moralistic good guy defeats an authoritarian bad guy is considered an attack on a certain politician, maybe its not the medias fault their guy easily fits into the categy of a generic villian which has been around forever,
    and i unironically think anduin is a good character

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from real-world and identity politics and focus on discussion of the Beta's lore and story.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

i cringe every time
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...83402275774464
    and now all men in the world of warcraft must be soft, but if you write a soft woman, you become sexist and don't respect women. Bring back Chris Metzen.
    Define soft?

Genn is not soft, Nathnos is not soft. Oyden is not soft. Malfurian is not soft. There are plenty of strong male characters in WOW. Although if the definition of not soft is one dimensional raw raw me smash everything me don't like, then yeah, lets have more soft male characters in WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Define soft?

Genn is not soft, Nathnos is not soft. Oyden is not soft. Malfurian is not soft. There are plenty of strong male characters in WOW. Although if the definition of not soft is one dimensional raw raw me smash everything me don't like, then yeah, lets have more soft male characters in WOW.
    Chad Thundercock is not soft.

Ok, so I finally got into the Beta (yay me!) and just finished the intro quest line.

Something caught my attention- when it gets to the part where we have to open portals back to our home world (Azeroth), the NPC asks us to provide an item that is "native to it"(forgot the exact wording) and we offer none less than the remaining pieces of the Helm of Domination!

Now, I remember reading somewhere on this forum, that we get info that the HoD originates from the Maw. Can anyone specify where can I find the said info?

I remember that in the Afterlives:Bastion video we learn that Frostmourne bears the markings of the Maw, but nothing was said about the HoD. Is it certain that the Helm originates there as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Ok, so I finally got into the Beta (yay me!) and just finished the intro quest line.

Something caught my attention- when it gets to the part where we have to open portals back to our home world (Azeroth), the NPC asks us to provide an item that is "native to it"(forgot the exact wording) and we offer none less than the remaining pieces of the Helm of Domination!

Now, I remember reading somewhere on this forum, that we get info that the HoD originates from the Maw. Can anyone specify where can I find the said info?

I remember that in the Afterlives:Bastion video we learn that Frostmourne bears the markings of the Maw, but nothing was said about the HoD. Is it certain that the Helm originates there as well?
    It's not confirmed that the Helm comes from the Maw, but Bolvar confirms it is connected to the Maw, and confers the ability to see into the Maw. You and Bolvar use a piece of the Helm to track down the missing faction leaders within Torghast itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

it was mentioned in Blizzcon that both Frostmourne and HoD were forged by Runecarver (he was called runesage then)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    it was mentioned in Blizzcon that both Frostmourne and HoD were forged by Runecarver (he was called runesage then)
    Maybe the Nathrezim took him out of the Shadowlands to forge the Helm in the mortal world and that is why he is now a dude chained down in the Maw instead of the Primus (he was punished). Or the devs are retards who don't even know the story they are writing. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Define soft?

Genn is not soft, Nathnos is not soft. Oyden is not soft. Malfurian is not soft.
    I think I've heard of the first one, but not the rest.

3+ Year Old Account
    Define soft?

I guess Bwonsamdi would be considered 'soft'? Sure, he loses his temper and gets mad, but I don't think I've seen him loses his sh*t and rip someone's head off (he mostly angrily stares at people, like when Rastakhan yell at him for power lol)

Most Scourge-y stuff comes from the Maw. The markings on Frostmorune look like the marks on the Jailer's body too
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-05 at 04:46 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

offtopic

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317830/...nd-waist-added
    I guess we can call these sets Mawsworn Covenant sets

Afterlives: Maldraxxus' director confirmed that in clip Draka had really visited different Realm and stole the map

also some guys checked and this map looks like Lake Nazferiti part from Stranglethorn Vale

lolz

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317833/...on-written-by-

this is crazy

dreadlords work for Jailer?

To our most wondrous and resplendent Master,

I am pleased to state that, after a lengthy study of our rivals, I have completed my observations.

Please accept this briefing in advance of my complete report, which shall follow forthwith.
    We anticipate that certain of our targets will be more challenging to topple than others. But each is prone to manipulation in different ways, and our agents have already woven themselves into their very fabric.

This is, after all, the solemn duty for which you sired us. As you are fond of saying: Once a desire is understood, it can be exploited.

Enough prologue. Allow me to summarize our findings.
    In many ways, the titans will be the easiest to manipulate. Their singular goal is to impose structure upon everything they see.

Show them a force that opposes their drive for Order, and they will be consumed by their urge to eradicate it.

Their pantheon, so seemingly united in purpose, is vulnerable to fracturing.
    The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst.

I believe we can leverage their vast reach to position them as a foil against our other rivals.

We remain wary, though. Since they are observant of multiple outcomes, it is conceivable they could anticipate our coming.
    Similar to the titans, the naaru and their keepers are singular in purpose. Their adherence to a linear path is an obvious shortcoming.

They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.
    The adherents to Life are the most insidious of opponents, perhaps because their nature is so antithetical to our own.

Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified.

Our operative has already gained the trust of her target.
    And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one.

The deception you have architected will bear fruit in the ages to come.
    As ever, we shall serve as your unseen hand. We will poison every host foolish enough to invite us into their midst.

I remain, as always, your faithful servant.
    @Aucald We need you to deep dive into this.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-09-05 at 06:33 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

That lore bomb is huge.

-Narthrezim are an illuminati that serve the Jailer and/or Denathrius. They've meddled with, tricked, or are working with every single "kingdom" of magic.

-Nathrezim did not enjoy becoming Demons but they did it out of necessity. They played Sargeras.

-There are "keeper" entities above the Naaru for Light.

-Lothraxion is stated to be their double agent who converted to Light on purpose.

-The aspects of Life are said to be dangerous and the Nathrezim have a contact with a "her" there. Whatever the plane of Life is it's connected to Ardenweald.

3+ Year Old Account
    Damn, if 10.0 isn't going to be a Light vs Void expansion, I don't know what else its going to be
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Damn, if 10.0 isn't going to be a Light vs Void expansion, I don't know what else its going to be
    It's going beyond that. 10.0 is turning into a full blown Cosmic expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Light on EK with the main antagonists being Turalyon, Lothraxion and the Scarlets, maybe the Lightbound too.

Void on Kalimdor with the main antagonists being Azshara and Xalatath. Maybe the Botani if they follow up on that.

Totally expecting them to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Aucald We need you to deep dive into this.
    This is quite interesting, and as per the Wowhead article surrounding it I'm also of the mind that the author is a Dreadlord of some standing, and it speaks of a few things that have been speculated about for some time.

• Show them a force that opposes their drive for Order, and they will be consumed by their urge to eradicate it: I think this is soft confirmation that the source of Sargeras' original corruption was the Nathrezim he encountered in his travels and imprisoned along with other miscreants in Mardum. Chronicle Vol.1 says that their (the Nathrezim's) corruption effected him deeply, but it seems it runs even deeper than originally suspected.
    • The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst: The Nathrezim have always had a coziness with Shadow and Void, and this speaks to that as well as their historic (pseudo)worship of Old God-like manifestations of the Void.
    • They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly: Very likely referring to Lothraxion. The question is if Lothraxion is a willing servant of this nebulous "master," or if he's a veritable Manchurian candidate?
    • Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified. Our operative has already gained the trust of her target: Unsure who this is in reference to? I don't recall seeing anyone with ties to the Nathrezim active in Ardenweald. My immediate suspicion goes to Ysera, who still bears the corruption of the Nightmare even in her lifeseed, but there's still nothing that links even corrupted Ysera to the Nathrezim.
    • And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one: Seems to refer to the bulk of the Nathrezim serving the Legion and Sargeras, pretending an allegiance to the Burning Crusade for purposes of their own.

As for the "master," the possibilities are many - but the candidate I thought of first was Ulthalesh, the only Dreadlord powerful enough to even conceive of contending with Sargeras. And now with the Deadwind Harvester having been drained into Gorribal as a means to stemming the poisoning of Azeroth, does this mean the prison that once contained Ulthalesh is no longer operational? If he's returned to the Nether and found that Sargeras is no longer present to check him, what would his next moves be? Perhaps we're seeing that now.

So Dreadlords were turned to demons???
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the new "revelation" of that everything is the fault of the Nathrezim. We knew they were tricksters and betrayers and had a hand in turning Sargeras but it feels really contrived to pretend they've had some kind of 62D chess plan in motion for some unknown figure who may be Shadowlands related all this time and we've been "falling for it all this time." -_- What makes it even stupider is that there is a written report on it, spilling all it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As for the "master," the possibilities are many - but the candidate I thought of first was Ulthalesh, the only Dreadlord powerful enough to even conceive of contending with Sargeras. And now with the Deadwind Harvester having been drained into Gorribal as a means to stemming the poisoning of Azeroth, does this mean the prison that once contained Ulthalesh is no longer operational? If he's returned to the Nether and found that Sargeras is no longer present to check him, what would his next moves be? Perhaps we're seeing that now.
    Not sure about that as it seem it's someone in the Shadowlands that the report is being addressed to.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    So Dreadlords were turned to demons???
    Yep there goes the "they were always demons". It makes you wonder if there even were any demons in the first place or if Fel is just some power up source that just kinda existed and everything in the Legion just abused it with no natural born "demons". At this point demon is just the term for Fel transformation it seems.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    .Yep there goes the "they were always demons". It makes you wonder if there even were any demons in the first place or if Fel is just some power up source that just kinda existed and everything in the Legion just abused it with no natural born "demons". At this point demon is just the term for Fel transformation it seems.
    LMAO I'm done with this garbage, sorry.

How do I deactivate my account???
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.