1. #2461
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Sylvanas: I've come t--

    The Jailer: you've come to get yeeted, yeah?

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, it is. The blade is forged slightly different as well. The rune's around Anduin are just glowing with the blades presence.


    It's forged slightly differently but it's not fused at the tip.

    - - - Updated - - -


  2. #2462
    Titan HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    11,618
    It's probably just the aura surrounding it being weird then? I mean, the orb is blue and the blade itself is literally full of runes.

  3. #2463
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's probably just the aura surrounding it being weird then? I mean, the orb is blue and the blade itself is literally full of runes.
    yea for sure. With the aura and the animation. Honestly I thought it was fused too until I gave it a second look. But, he may be right that maybe it can no longer split.

  4. #2464
    Grunt PsychoSe7eN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    12
    Unpopular opinion here. But, I love where the story is going. Im also not sad about the tree. The night elves have some skeletons of their own, they aren't saints. They had it coming.. hell, even Elune didn't step in. The tree actually looks awesome now. Cast an awesome shadow from the light emitted from the Elune eclipse.

    If she is redeemed, im gonna laugh so hard at the plebs hating her that ill prob spit milk out my nose. Imagine if she returns as the Warchief again and after we kill the corrupted Anduin she raises him as an undead and as her new servant/lover replacement after losing Nathanos.

    For the Dark Lady!

  5. #2465
    Look at the other shot of it, it certainly looks fused.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Its not fused it's just the magic surrounding the blade that makes it look like that.





    Certainly looks fused to me.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-05 at 02:37 AM.

  6. #2466
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Look at the other shot of it, it certainly looks fused.

    - - - Updated - - -




    https://imgur.com/dO9dnqc.jpg


    Certainly looks fused to me.
    She's holding it at an angle in that picture. .
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  7. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    She's holding it at an angle in that picture. .
    You can see the frame before this that she is holding it exactly the same as she was. Go to 2:10. She holds it the same way the whole time shes holding it up. Go to 1:57 and it does not looked fused.

    The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense. Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-05 at 02:42 AM.

  8. #2468
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can see the frame before this that she is holding it exactly the same as she was. Go to 2:10. She holds it the same way the whole time shes holding it up. Go to 1:57 and it does not looked fused.

    The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense. Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    No, you're expecting to see something that shouldn't be visible from this angle. Specificially because she's holding it at the same angle. The split is still there, it's just behind the left blade from this angle.

  9. #2469
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you're expecting to see something that shouldn't be visible from this angle. Specificially because she's holding it at the same angle. The split is still there, it's just behind the left blade from this angle.
    From this angle the blade should be flat and the short sword should be on the left hand side lol.

  10. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    From this angle the blade should be flat and the short sword should be on the left hand side lol.
    It is. Look again. The dark patches are those on the smaller blade.

    Also, if you pay attention to when it is shown from Anduin's view, the larger blade is thicker.
    Last edited by huth; 2021-01-05 at 09:30 AM.

  11. #2471
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    From this angle the blade should be flat and the short sword should be on the left hand side lol.
    Dude.. what ever its not fused. You want to see it.

  12. #2472
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I definitely miss simpler times when there was a threat, we defeated it, then something else happened. I feel like we're in the current situation since forever, as the current events are coming from something that happened in ... MoP ? Garrosh who went crazy, then back in time, freed Gul'dan, made the Legion come to Azeroth, leading the Sarg' stabbing the planet, bla, bla, bla and now the Jailer is behind most of this shit since the beginning, even further (with LK) ?
    The game needs lore in order to survive, lore needs to evolve overtime to make a story otherwise we'll just be playing a game for absolutely nothing.

    Theoretically from your logic, the game ended when we killed Arthas because not even 1 level later we were climbing up trees to save Bears and collecting grapes from bushes in Hyjal so make sense of that.
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2021-01-05 at 06:21 PM.

  13. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dude.. what ever its not fused. You want to see it.
    I literally said it didn't make sense to look fused after my initial statement. I was saying the angle of the sword makes it look odd. Dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It is. Look again. The dark patches are those on the smaller blade.

    Also, if you pay attention to when it is shown from Anduin's view, the larger blade is thicker.
    This also makes no sense.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-05 at 11:10 PM.

  14. #2474
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dude.. what ever its not fused. You want to see it.
    I think you are getting trolled lol



    - - - Updated - - -



    What do you suppose this is? It's clearly special enough to be the evil core of Shalamourne. My theory is that it's the soul of Arthas, in the Jailer's possession thanks to Uther.
    Last edited by choom; 2021-01-06 at 12:05 AM.

  15. #2475
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think you are getting trolled lol



    - - - Updated - - -



    What do you suppose this is? It's clearly special enough to be the evil core of Shalamourne. My theory is that it's the soul of Arthas, in the Jailer's possession thanks to Uther.
    Yeah that's 1:57, where I clearly say after the fact that it does not look fused. Can you guys read past the first sentence?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can see the frame before this that she is holding it exactly the same as she was. Go to 2:10. She holds it the same way the whole time shes holding it up. Go to 1:57 and it does not looked fused.

    The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense.
    Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    I think the camera may flip to the other side and only the long part of the blade is being shown. Unfortunately Anduin is symmetrical so it's hard to tell off the bat.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-06 at 12:17 AM.

  16. #2476
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    What do you suppose this is? It's clearly special enough to be the evil core of Shalamourne. My theory is that it's the soul of Arthas, in the Jailer's possession thanks to Uther.
    Some sort of crystalised soul power i'd say. Possibly crystalised stygia, like we're collecting for Ve'nari.

    If you look at the soulforges in Zovaal's Cauldron, you'll notice they also have the fiery blue runes on them that Frostmourne and Shalamourne feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I think the camera may flip to the other side and only the long part of the blade is being shown. Unfortunately Anduin is symmetrical so it's hard to tell off the bat.
    No, you're looking straight at the small blade. It's not like the sword designs in WoW make much sense to begin with, anyway; all of them would be terribly balanced and ludicrously heavy to the point of being unusable.

  17. #2477
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Some sort of crystalised soul power i'd say. Possibly crystalised stygia, like we're collecting for Ve'nari.

    If you look at the soulforges in Zovaal's Cauldron, you'll notice they also have the fiery blue runes on them that Frostmourne and Shalamourne feature.



    No, you're looking straight at the small blade. It's not like the sword designs in WoW make much sense to begin with, anyway; all of them would be terribly balanced and ludicrously heavy to the point of being unusable.
    I just can't wrap my head around how if I'm looking at the short blade that I can't see the long blade as well. The long blade would clearly be closer to Anduins face, no?

  18. #2478
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Unpopular opinion here. But, I love where the story is going. Im also not sad about the tree. The night elves have some skeletons of their own, they aren't saints. They had it coming.. hell, even Elune didn't step in. The tree actually looks awesome now. Cast an awesome shadow from the light emitted from the Elune eclipse.

    If she is redeemed, im gonna laugh so hard at the plebs hating her that ill prob spit milk out my nose. Imagine if she returns as the Warchief again and after we kill the corrupted Anduin she raises him as an undead and as her new servant/lover replacement after losing Nathanos.

    For the Dark Lady!
    Sylvanasboys realy strange

  19. #2479
    Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    The game needs lore in order to survive, lore needs to evolve overtime to make a story otherwise we'll just be playing a game for absolutely nothing.

    Theoretically from your logic, the game ended when we killed Arthas because not even 1 level later we were climbing up trees to save Bears and collecting grapes from bushes in Hyjal so make sense of that.
    That's not what I said. I just said that we're stuck in a continuity of events, with a succession of "But wait ! There's more", and no ending feels ever satisfying. Like, you don't defeat the main threat and are happy even for a few days before something else, unrelated, happens. We defeated Garrosh BUT he escaped, throwing the mess with timelines and freeing Gul'dan. Hence we defeated Archimonde BUT Gul'dan fled and made the Legion invade Azeroth. We then defeated the Legion BUT Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. And so on and so on. I feel like the story cannot feel satisfying because there is always "something more" to the story we just thought we finished. We're going from cliffhangers to cliffhangers without closing any chapter. And that's becoming even worse now that Jailer's actions are in fact happening since WotLK and probably even before.

    What I meant is that the story felt a lot more compelling when you had the possibility to actually close chapters. Now I can very well see "us" defeating Jailer, and then CLIFFHANGER OMG, it was all [insert whatever]'s plan all along ! Instead of just yeah, get rid of him, finish his arc, and a few weeks/months later the Void attacks or whatever.
    Now you'll learn that Jailer's stepsister is in fact a Void Lord who was in fact talking to Alleria who was in fact influenced by Ner'zhul's spirit who was in fact Garrosh Hellscream all along. I mean, we don't need that, and it won't work without retconning half of WoW's lore once again.

  20. #2480
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's not what I said. I just said that we're stuck in a continuity of events, with a succession of "But wait ! There's more", and no ending feels ever satisfying. Like, you don't defeat the main threat and are happy even for a few days before something else, unrelated, happens. We defeated Garrosh BUT he escaped, throwing the mess with timelines and freeing Gul'dan. Hence we defeated Archimonde BUT Gul'dan fled and made the Legion invade Azeroth. We then defeated the Legion BUT Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. And so on and so on. I feel like the story cannot feel satisfying because there is always "something more" to the story we just thought we finished. We're going from cliffhangers to cliffhangers without closing any chapter. And that's becoming even worse now that Jailer's actions are in fact happening since WotLK and probably even before.

    What I meant is that the story felt a lot more compelling when you had the possibility to actually close chapters. Now I can very well see "us" defeating Jailer, and then CLIFFHANGER OMG, it was all [insert whatever]'s plan all along ! Instead of just yeah, get rid of him, finish his arc, and a few weeks/months later the Void attacks or whatever.
    Now you'll learn that Jailer's stepsister is in fact a Void Lord who was in fact talking to Alleria who was in fact influenced by Ner'zhul's spirit who was in fact Garrosh Hellscream all along. I mean, we don't need that, and it won't work without retconning half of WoW's lore once again.
    While I can agree that the story was more one story after another instead of continuing stories it still had stuff lead into eachother.
    BC had loads of stuff that focused on the Lich King and Arthas, next expansion was Arthas.
    WotLK had stuff on dragons, next expansion was heavily Dragon focused.

    The thing that has changed is mostly just that we now have a more direct line from one expansion to the next.
    Gul'dan is still alive after WoD, which leads us to Legion.
    Sylvanas is still alive after BfA, leading into Shadowlands.

    Even with that though I still think the expansions have decisive endings, we just have a more vague break between the different expansions. When we defeated N'zoth it didnt immediately lead into Shadowlands with a Cliffhanger, instead a loose plot thread from BfA was what launched us into Shadowlands. Similarly with WoD and Legion. Really it was only Legion into BfA that had a decisive cliffhanger that needed to be adressed immediately.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •