Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am admittedly a sucker for self-effacing humor, and the way the VO delivers the line is just perfect. Bit of a meta-commentary perhaps, but if you can't laugh at your own mistakes then you'll never go far in overcoming them.
    Them literally just repeating Mists's plotline, except worse, doesn't leave me with great confidence in their ability to overcome their mistakes.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The only thing you didn't reply to is that Bwonsamdi's face is mentioned many times in the book while Genn's tail was only left in once by accident.

I'm done talking to you.
    You just show utter ignorance because you simply don't like what is being laid out in front of you.

Did you read Shadows Rising?

If your answer is no, then shut the fuck up, read it and then come back discussing. Until then you can fuck right off.
    dude, who the fuck hurt you?

its clearly his skill in the cinematic, you can be salty as much you want but it don't change that fact

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dude, who the fuck hurt you?

its clearly his skill in the cinematic, you can be salty as much you want but it don't change that fact
    See @Sangris?

Reading is not my weak point.

There you go boy, I'll repeat it for ya once the I'm done with you.

- "It might sound strange comin' from the loa of graves, but there is always hope, ya majesty." Bwonsamdi joined her, his eyes glowing faintly behind his bone mask. -
    - "The tall bone harness he wore on his back swayed lightly, the ribs etched into his chest glimmered like stars, streaming blue vapor rising from the slits in his bone mask." -
    - "Good." Bwonsamdi passed a shaking hand over his mask. "It should. I have one more thing to say before I go." -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Alright, I admit my wording was a little harsh there, and I apologize for it. However it was provoked because of your extremely aggressive stance and insults that you immediately threw at me.

It doesn't change the fact that in the first quoted paragraph there was nothing proving your point, and I explained in my first response why.
    I don't really care about your diplomatic bullshit stance on whether you could or could not understand my first few quotes. Not my fault you couldn't.

I know I am correct after having read the book which clearly none of you have so literally anything you throw back at me has zero actual argument value in my eyes.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-31 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    See @Sangris?

Reading is not my weak point.

There you go boy, I'll repeat it for ya once the I'm done with you.

- "It might sound strange comin' from the loa of graves, but there is always hope, ya majesty." Bwonsamdi joined her, his eyes glowing faintly behind his bone mask. -
    - "The tall bone harness he wore on his back swayed lightly, the ribs etched into his chest glimmered like stars, streaming blue vapor rising from the slits in his bone mask." -
    - "Good." Bwonsamdi passed a shaking hand over his mask. "It should. I have one more thing to say before I go." -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care about your diplomatic bullshit stance on whether you could or could not understand my first few quotes. Not my fault you couldn't.

I know I am correct after having read the book which clearly none of you have so literally anything you throw back at me has zero actual argument value in my eyes.
    Whatever, you do you mate, I'm not in the mood to waste any more energy on this. I see there's no point in trying to have a civil discussion with you. I hope whatever's causing you so much trouble that you feel that you need to lash out at everyone else will turn out well for you, but I'm done. Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Them literally just repeating Mists's plotline, except worse, doesn't leave me with great confidence in their ability to overcome their mistakes.
    Depends on how you quantify "overcoming" in this context. I felt Legion did much to rectify the errors of WoD on both a narrative and gameplay front, although YMMV. I felt similar about WotLK rectifying the experience from TBC, as well. WoW tends to repeat a lot of story beats as a result of what it is, basically a high fantasy "sword and sorcery" RPG. It only has a few plotlines available, really; and it has at times stretched those to the breaking point trying to innovate and/or tell a unique story. BfA, for all its faults, was one of those instances - it aspired to more than the narrative engine of WoW is actually capable of, in my view, and failed to deliver when the limitations of its own narrative constraints came home to roost.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Does this mean we'll be seeing Vol'jin sooner?
    We'll see him during 9.0. Dunno if it is during general Ardenweald quests, or Night Fae covenant campaign, but with our help he is put into a Spirit Seed to be reborn as a Loa.

His rebirth happens later though. Can be in Shadowlands patch, or later expansions.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Maybe the notes about the Mask are just a perspective thing. I mean, it kinda looks like one, so it may be refereed to as a mask even if it isn't.
    Well, it could be creative writing right? From Talanji's view, maybe she thought his face looked like one. I've heared 'his/her face a mask" used before in writing, so it could be similar to that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We'll see him during 9.0. Dunno if it is during general Ardenweald quests, or Night Fae covenant campaign, but with our help he is put into a Spirit Seed to be reborn as a Loa.

His rebirth happens later though. Can be in Shadowlands patch, or later expansions.
    If the theories about an Ardenweald raid are true, maybe we'll see him in a future patch and he'll help us in the raid? Seeing him fight alongside us in his Loa form would be awesome!
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-01 at 09:02 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends on how you quantify "overcoming" in this context. I felt Legion did much to rectify the errors of WoD on both a narrative and gameplay front, although YMMV. I felt similar about WotLK rectifying the experience from TBC, as well. WoW tends to repeat a lot of story beats as a result of what it is, basically a high fantasy "sword and sorcery" RPG. It only has a few plotlines available, really; and it has at times stretched those to the breaking point trying to innovate and/or tell a unique story. BfA, for all its faults, was one of those instances - it aspired to more than the narrative engine of WoW is actually capable of, in my view, and failed to deliver when the limitations of its own narrative constraints came home to roost.
    Yep. And to be honest both Legion and WotLK succeeded by hewing quite close to the tropes of high fantasy sword and sorcery as you said. We, a band of heroes, were out to fight a villain who wanted to kill us all because they were EEEEVIL. Any "complex" or "morally grey" plots exist in individual zone quests and not the main thrust of the expansion. BFA has many many problems but the biggest was you can't get any satisfaction out of the faction war because we the hero cannot beat the baddie because it's the other playable faction. Hell I'd say the plotlines I most enjoyed in the expansion were the Drustvar zone and the Nzoth patch despite it being truncated, and both were... a bunch of heroes uncovering the villains plans then storming their lair (although the Nzoth final cutscene was craptacular for a expac ending scene).

Other problem with the faction war is it ended up feeling less about we the heroes solving the problem and more as we the heroes watching a film while the npcs solve the problem. Like all those sexy hi-res Saurfang cutscenes are nice and all but it's not related to me the player at all. The faction war came and went without my character changing a damn thing, not really.

Does Mueh'zala know he exists? He could've made him
    Doubt it, since that would be something they'd definitely mention in the dungeon. We fight both of them in the same dungeon, and not a single thing said about Mue actually creating Hakkar? Nah, thats not how Blizz does stuff like this.
    And since Freya created the wild gods, why would she create one like Hakkar? He definitely doesnt come from her either.
    I actually kinda hope Hakkars origin will either never be really fully explained, or its something big and important, like theres actually a big unknown thread of a blood-themed snake race (like Hakkar, Sethe, maybe the "crooked serpent with no eyes" etc)
    Bc for now, Hakkar is one of the last true mysteries in WoW, every other villain has been explained to the last detail, or will be explained in SL (Jailer etc)
    Hakkar on the other hand is a loa of blood, has powers related to the emerald dream/nightmare, grows more powerful through sacrifices and has a connection with the shadowlands. We know fck all about what exactly he is.
    Last edited by Houle; 2020-07-31 at 11:44 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    it still has zero value or effect anyway in current sh8t lore, be it who came first, Hakkar the houndmaster was important because his death should changed the future dramatically, only to lol no demons get free rez
    So why care who does what? Blizz doesn't give a f8ck in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'm curious that Vol'jin names *Ashamane* along with Hir'eek and Shadra.

Hir'eek and Shadra were loa that Vol'jin worked with but he's never had a connection to Ashamane before.
    Maybe they're bringing her back for the Nelves? I think she's one of the souls Bwonsamdi brings to the Winter Queen

Maybe they're bringing her back for the Nelves? I think she's one of the souls Bwonsamdi brings to the Winter Queen
    It's a long shot but... I have this weird suspicion it has something to do with the Saberon.
    Twas brillig

With the way these 3 talk of the Maw/Torghast and how long they've been there I don't think Anduin is going to come out the same as he was before. He's been there the longest so far and who knows when we find him. If/when we save when I feel like he's going to start going towards the Shadows/Void aspect of Priests.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

With the way these 3 talk of the Maw/Torghast and how long they've been there I don't think Anduin is going to come out the same as he was before. He's been there the longest so far and who knows when we find him. If/when we save when I feel like he's going to start going towards the Shadows/Void aspect of Priests.
    'The crown of Light will bring only darkness'
    Hmm you might be onto something... Unless that refers to Calia?

And honestly the more Disc Priest and less Holy Paladin Anduin is, the better lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-02 at 04:51 PM.

Anduin is already well-versed in the arts of shadow magic. In fact, he was able to mind-control a dwarf in MoP. He most definitely does not need a journey to the Maw to learn how to use shadow magic effectively.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Anduin is already well-versed in the arts of shadow magic. In fact, he was able to mind-control a dwarf in MoP. He most definitely does not need a journey to the Maw to learn how to use shadow magic effectively.
    There's a difference between knowing shadow magic and turning corrupted like Void Elves, as an example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any Elune lore yet? It has been so long since classic and I still don't know what it/she is, other than moon goddess.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Any Elune lore yet? It has been so long since classic and I still don't know what it/she is, other than moon goddess.
    She's worshiped on other planets and there have been a Night Warrior who was able to slay a Old God on their planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's a difference between knowing shadow magic and turning corrupted like Void Elves, as an example.
    Anduin obviously won't become corrupted. They aren't going to turn one of the most iconic Light users into a Void user. As well, there is no Void presence in the Maw. That place is strictly connected to Death.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

'The crown of Light will bring only darkness'
    Hmm you might be onto something... Unless that refers to Calia?

And honestly the more Disc Priest and less Holy Paladin Anduin is, the better lol
    The crown of light could also refer to turalyon who took over SW for the time being