10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I would say that if you rationally agree with someone's reasoning for destroying the cosmos you are equally psycho as that person. Since... I mean, that's multiversal genocide... so yeah. I don't need to explain myself.

Regardless Nathanos will die soon, Sira is in chains, so hopefully that's the last of the Banshee loyalists.
    I mean, I'd agree - both of them are psycho either way it goes, really. But I guess if you're exploring Nathanos' character it comes down to whether Nathanos is only going along with Sylvanas' scheme because of his obsessive devotion to her, or if both things exist simultaneously but not necessarily related in his mind. That's a significant difference in motivation even if the end-result is the same.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    She's certainly working for the Jailer but the question is at what point. I very much doubt she's being controlled.
    Yeah, though I was specifically talking about WotLK Sylvanas, before she committed sudoku.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I mean, I'd agree - both of them are psycho either way it goes, really. But I guess if you're exploring Nathanos' character it comes down to whether Nathanos is only going along with Sylvanas' scheme because of his obsessive devotion to her, or if both things exist simultaneously but not necessarily related in his mind. That's a significant difference in motivation even if the end-result is the same.
    I wouldn't say Nathanos is a psycho, he's a stone cold sociopath (unless that fits into the defition). Sira seems ACTUALLY insane and driven by some kind of Maw magic, similarly to how the Nelf ghosts attack you in the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Even if Sylvanas finds out that she was tricked into thinking she was going to the Maw to begin with, she was still fully complicit in murdering tons of innocents just to bust out an ancient alien god who wants to kill LITERALLY everything.

Morally grey? lol no. The only reason Blizzard won't come out and say she's evil is because they don't want to get their HQ suicide bombed. They're already going to be careful about when they announce she's a raid boss.
    Exactly. Her fanboys think that her having any semblance of a motivation means she did nothing wrong and was good all along, but that is not how it works. Even Blizzard does not think that. Plenty of WoW villains (Guldan, Kiljaeden, Deathwing...) all had tragic backstories in which they were manipulated or downright corrupted, but that did not paint them in a good light, nor did Blizzard ever pretend we should feel sorry for them.

Another Blizzard villain who is similar to this is Leoric from Diablo. This dude was driven mad by the devil himself, he had a tragic story, but its not like we are supposed to think he was a good guy all along or did nothing wrong, and it will be the same thing with Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I wouldn't say Nathanos is a psycho, he's a stone cold sociopath (unless that fits into the defition). Sira seems ACTUALLY insane and driven by some kind of Maw magic, similarly to how the Nelf ghosts attack you in the Maw.
    Well I was being more pejorative than diagnostic there, "psycho" being the catch-all for the behavior that willfully seeks to end all of existence. But if I were treating Nathanos in a clinical environment then yes, I'd say sociopathy fits the bill.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Maybe The Arbiter is just scared of sending too many souls to The Maw because The Jailer is there and he can possibly find a way to use them to strengthen himself. He does it now anyway so The Arbiter would have done the right thing I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Maybe The Arbiter is just scared of sending too many souls to The Maw because The Jailer is there and he can possibly find a way to use them to strengthen himself. He does it now anyway so The Arbiter would have done the right thing I guess :P
    That would be so hilarious and dumb

Though I'm wondering why didn't the Eternal Ones simply kill the Jailer when he betrayed them? Why go out of their way to banish him and create this whole situation where he can use the souls of the damned and endanger their realm in the first place? Unless they're true to their names and are indeed eternal and can never be killed. Which would be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    That would be so hilarious and dumb

Though I'm wondering why didn't the Eternal Ones simply kill the Jailer when he betrayed them? Why go out of their way to banish him and create this whole situation where he can use the souls of the damned and endanger their realm in the first place? Unless they're true to their names and are indeed eternal and can never be killed. Which would be interesting to say the least.
    They very well might be completely Immortal. After we kill Denathrius his sword Remornia talks about preserving and restoring him. His last line is even "I am Eternal".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They very well might be completely Immortal. After we kill Denathrius his sword Remornia talks about preserving and restoring him. His last line is even "I am Eternal".
    Oh, interesting, I must've missed that. I wonder what would happen to Eternal Ones if the anima level reached zero. Are they dependent on anima to survive or are they completely self-sufficient. Aand what would it mean for the future if the Jailer can't die. I mean, he's the final boss after all.

New Turalyon dialog hints at some sort of update to the Eastern Kingdoms.

In King Anduin's absence, I have been entrusted with the protection of Alliance citizens.

It feels like lifetimes ago that I helped a young Varian Wrynn secure his throne. Now I am charged with keeping it safe for his son.

The Fourth War took a terrible toll on the Alliance. Our military might has been depleted. Stormwind's nobles are keen to see our defenses restored.

Reclaiming Stromgarde was a good first step. Perhaps there are other holdings of the old Alliance that could be secured.
    Looks like a start to him becoming king.

I would say Turalyon first of all needs to reclaim and rebuild that old stone fortress in Redridge Mountain, since it was cleansed of orc infestation long ago and it serves as a perfect castle to overlook the kingdom northern defences. Beyond that, he could attempt to reclaim and rebuild Alterac to keep an eye on the Forsaken, or go for Gilneas (which should be occupied by worgen already anyway).

Also, notice how he still calls him "KING Anduin". Because, you know, Turalyon is just regent. Not king. Anduin is still king. And when he returns, Turalyon will remove his golden ass from the throne.

3+ Year Old Account
    But MUH WOTLK SYLVANAS killed some people! She deserved the Maw!
    looks like Sylvanas wasn't really destined to the Maw and someone she naenae'd yeeted her down like Uther did to Arthas, or probably because the Val'kyr noticed her strength and yeeted her down to "test" her

- - - Updated - - -

he could attempt to reclaim and rebuild Alterac to keep an eye on the Forsaken
    no please no

- - - Updated - - -

Does Sylvanas even have any associates left in the mortal world (after Nathanos dies anyway)? My god, imagine remaining loyal to a psycho who literally wants to destroy the cosmos. Is there a greater act of simping?
    well yep if you're a Sylvanas loyalist you can see the chained Hordes secretly being loyal to Sylvanas still, and then some Dark Rangers, and probably the anti-Talanji trolls

- - - Updated - - -

Does Sylvanas even have any associates left in the mortal world (after Nathanos dies anyway)? My god, imagine remaining loyal to a psycho who literally wants to destroy the cosmos. Is there a greater act of simping?
    well yep if you're a Sylvanas loyalist you can see the chained Hordes secretly being loyal to Sylvanas still, and then some Dark Rangers, and probably the anti-Talanji trolls
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Twas brillig

Oh, interesting, I must've missed that. I wonder what would happen to Eternal Ones if the anima level reached zero. Are they dependent on anima to survive or are they completely self-sufficient. Aand what would it mean for the future if the Jailer can't die. I mean, he's the final boss after all.
    Gets banished again and/or empowered to a lesser existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    There she goes again pretending she has actually spent more than five minutes in this story. Also inconsistent tone much? "I want to get to know my father" First reunion since learning that he was alive and that she can just waltz on into the Shadowlands (this aggravates me to no end): "Father I am here, do this thing that will potentially endanger you because guilt trip and my 'friends' are more important." What on earth is this character? Like it's almost as if since she got dumped from BfA's story after Anduin buttered her up she got extremely bipolar. I mean she does realise she is just a guard right?

I don't have a clue why she is in the Shadowlands at all but can we just leave her there when the door closes behind us if she is so interested in it? Additionally what does she mean by "finding her purpose"? She wasn't resurrected spontaneously or as part of a grand design, she was brought back by two priests she knew. Plus shouldn't she be considered as abhorrent considering she is Light Risen and the whole thing with the Light being considered an "invader" in the Shadowlands?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    There she goes again pretending she has actually spent more than five minutes in this story. Also inconsistent tone much? "I want to get to know my father" First reunion since learning that he was alive and that she can just waltz on into the Shadowlands (this aggravates me to no end): "Father I am here, do this thing that will potentially endanger you because guilt trip and my 'friends' are more important." What on earth is this character? Like it's almost as if since she got dumped from BfA's story after Anduin buttered her up she got extremely bipolar. I mean she does realise she is just a guard right?

I don't have a clue why she is in the Shadowlands at all but can we just leave her there when the door closes behind us if she is so interested in it? Additionally what does she mean by "finding her purpose"? She wasn't resurrected spontaneously or as part of a grand design, she was brought back by two priests she knew. Plus shouldn't she be considered as abhorrent considering she is Light Risen and the whole thing with the Light being considered an "invader" in the Shadowlands?
    Writer pets dont have to live with consequences.

The continued focus on Calia drains me in real life.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

YOU GO THE SHADOWLANDS! AND YOU GO TO THE SHADOWLANDS! EVERYBODY GOES TO THE SHADOWLANDS!

Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-12 at 05:19 PM.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jeweled_Replica_of_Partannas

"Partannas, the living axe whose fury struck down invaders of the Light, was lost long ago to the Maw."

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jeweled_Replica_of_Partannas

"Partannas, the living axe whose fury struck down invaders of the Light, was lost long ago to the Maw."
    This gave me the idea to look at trash items added in Shadowlands and there is literally this:
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...athrezim-relic
    So much evidence of the Nathrezim in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...rk-naaru-shard
    "A dark naaru is a fiercesome foe, but for the Maldraxxi, they see it as another opportunity to prove their worth in the arena."
    I like how people of Maldraxxus fight Dark Naaru for sport.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-09-13 at 01:38 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing