Page 82 of 126 FirstFirst ...
32
72
80
81
82
83
84
92
... LastLast
  1. #1621
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean, being older than reality doesn't make you older than the entire Cosmic chart. The Shadowlands isn't part of Reality, though it is connected to it in a way. Reality is just the Great Dark, etc. Also, yes, Argus is still that uber strong, and it is still the case. The thing is, however, is that there are stronger characters now.

    "No, they said that the Guardians are part of the Pantheon of Order and that the Eternals are compatible with them in the sense that they are lower than the Titans, but very powerful, aren't they?" But the Keepers are but creations to the Titan Pantheon (Which is the actual Pantheon of Order). The Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death, so they SHOULD be comparable to other Pantheons like the Titan Pantheon. Maybe not in Power, whatever, but definitely in status, etc. Why would they not?

    "In-game characters' opinions are not always 100% canon" But Bolvar was literally connected to the Maw during his time as the Lich King. He is literally the Illidan or the Magni of SL. Why would he not know more than someone like Krasus, who didn't know shit about Sargeras or the Old Gods and their true power, tbh.

    "Rather, Argus simply COULD NOT do it, because after defeating the players, he tells Sargeras that he is going to claim his prize" He says that as a wipe line even before he casts it. Lore-wise, the Raid encounter, and Aman'thul talk about the End of All Things, which Argus canonically uses once he kills us. This is PROBABLY the thing that broke the Machine of Death tbh, as Argus is called "the Death Titan", and is using all this power that doesn't seem to be connected to the Fel (Or Order, even. Though, some of his things are based on Order), despite him being a weakened world soul. But, if you want, then you can take it with a grain of salt.

    "He MAY be a formidable threat, after all, his army is probably equal to the Legion and he is an incredibly powerful being in himself, but I just don't think he's as scary as you are trying to describe him." Hard to really care about an army the size of the Legion when we beat the Legion 3 years ago. :/ I doubt that's the worst the Jailer has to offer.

    "LOL what? He was simply surprised that the relic was activated by a mortal, he did not ''shat it in his pants''." Is that why he wanted to claim us as soon as possible before entering the portal? Granted, you could argue that was due to him not wanting us to escape the "inescapable Maw", but I believe it's more than that. Hell, we're probably one of the few guys that can actually activate these relics, as it appears not even the Jailer can activate a relic of theirs. Could mean we're a bigger deal than we let on tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Then again, she is in a coma throughout 9.0 lol. We'll see from here. Would be funny if she was like a robot though.
    How did you determine which came first - reality or cosmological dimensions? Argus has never been as strong as you believed.

    Everything is too complicated, we must wait for further information.

    Bolvar is a mere mortal who saw something thanks to the Helmet.

    Do you really believe that one defective Titan can destroy the universe? Class. And no, Argus is hardly connected with this, Ysera was one of the last souls to get into Ardenweald so that the death machine broke down at about 7.1, not 7.3.

    We won? It took literally all the forces of Azeroth, even elementals and titan-forged, and after that the Alliance and Horde began another war with each other, practically leaving both factions without forces, and then another invasion of the Scourge occurred. Azeroth will not survive another such war.

    I think this is the case. He saw that now we have a real chance to escape and wanted to stop us.

  2. #1622
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The naaru change is funny, because I'm not sure if the change was meant to show that not all Venthyr hate the Naaru (as it is heavily implied it was Denathrius's fault for the Light invasion, hence why "vile naaru" may have been a view of his or his loyal followers) or it was only changed in an attempt to soothe hurt feelings of male human paladin players who get their panties in a twist whenever it's remotely insinuated that the Light could be antagonistic.
    old stone about Naaru was absurd. it made no sense, that Naaru allowed themselves to be captured, and influenced Capturers to kill innocents.
    it was pretty stupid

    but it was still interesting.

  3. #1623
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    old stone about Naaru was absurd. it made no sense, that Naaru allowed themselves to be captured, and influenced Capturers to kill innocents.
    it was pretty stupid

    but it was still interesting.
    I remember way way back in TBC reading a theory that the Naaru might not be so good and that A'dal allowed the Blood Elves to take/keep M'uru because it will eventually lead to him going dark and consuming all life in the area(basically use him as a WoMD) as people believed the Bone Wastes and what happened to Auchindoun was the result of a Naaru like D'ore. Turned out to not be true and even the bonewastes weren't caused by a naaru either.

    But it is interesting if it's a new development that the naaru do purposely let themselves get captured, just because this theory was a thing before.

  4. #1624
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,906


    I wonder if the faded, cracked portions on Tyrande's face are indicative of the start of the Night Warrior power eating at her?
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

  5. #1625
    nordrassil new capital of the night elves!

  6. #1626
    Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    1,991
    Uhh... it says there's 83 pages, but when you click on page 83 it just refreshes?
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  7. #1627
    "MASTER OF DEMONS
    Drawing on demonic power, the undead warlock staves off decay and grows stronger with every victim she drains life from."

    it's a good explanation

  8. #1628
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I remember way way back in TBC reading a theory that the Naaru might not be so good and that A'dal allowed the Blood Elves to take/keep M'uru because it will eventually lead to him going dark and consuming all life in the area(basically use him as a WoMD) as people believed the Bone Wastes and what happened to Auchindoun was the result of a Naaru like D'ore. Turned out to not be true and even the bonewastes weren't caused by a naaru either.

    But it is interesting if it's a new development that the naaru do purposely let themselves get captured, just because this theory was a thing before.
    I remember that too. Wow.Joystiq was amazing place for lore and speculation.

    It kind of made sense too, even it wasnot proved

  9. #1629
    The way Anduin was abducted was absolutely fucking hilarious. I took the piss out of Sylvanas loyalists nabbing them away in bags like bank robbers, but two dudes popping out of the clouds, snapping him up and fleeing is basically that with the added benefit of Genn yelling at clouds.

    The fact that Bolvar's speech is 100% content-free platitudes because of Sylvanas's incomprehensible characterization is also great and so is him hailing Acherus like a taxi.

    Amazing, would watch again and have already done so.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-10-14 at 07:14 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  10. #1630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Amazing how Warcraft's afterlife works just like real life human justice systems and corporate worlds. There's no tried and true formula, it's just an individual or group's whims at any given time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lich King referred to as a False King actually sounds kind of cool, I can accept that. There being other beings who shaped the cosmos before the Titans is horse shit, though. That's too big a retcon to swallow, considering Titan lore was literally first written as recently as Vanilla WoW. The first time I even heard of Titans was after clearing Uldaman when they were referred to as "creators" to Brann (I think it was?) when we complete the discs quest. Subsequently, every dungeon or raid featuring Titan lore referred to them as creators, makers, and architects, now we have this generic ass "first ones?" Sigh. They've barely even fully fleshed out the Titan characters besides Sargeras, and they're already getting replaced in the story as their role as creators.

    Jailer being out for Azeroth's soul is cool too, though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's... kind of cool, they essentially gave Kil'Jaeden their ace in the hole to reach into the realm of the living.
    i get your point, i dont like the retcon of titans as creators too but maybe we should see it from another point of view. the first ones (lame af name) created the universe but the titans were still the ones who ordered it, they went to draenor and tamed the elementals and they got the backup plan named algalon for azeroth and so on, so the titans have still a very big role in our current world and are most likely the ones that made the azeroth we know and experience. from this point i can accept it i guess. btw making the titans the creators of everything when they are only one of 6 cosmic forces makes not much sense, if they created everything they should have more power over the other ones, so its fine this way.

  11. #1631
    I speculated there would be some sort of event or scenario of Slyvanas BTFOing the ebon blade or that this cutscene would show it, turns out no Acherus was just out for milk when she attacked.

    Also, lol at the 14D galaxy brain chess maneuver of just stealing anduin from the capital. I'm going to assume given no one even bothered to make a thread for this that not even the staunchest blizzboys are willing to defend this lazy nonsense.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  12. #1632
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    We won? It took literally all the forces of Azeroth, even elementals and titan-forged, and after that the Alliance and Horde began another war with each other, practically leaving both factions without forces, and then another invasion of the Scourge occurred. Azeroth will not survive another such war.
    You forget Blizzard's love of pulling entire armies out of thin air.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The way Anduin was abducted was absolutely fucking hilarious. I took the piss out of Sylvanas loyalists nabbing them away in bags like bank robbers, but two dudes popping out of the clouds, snapping him up and fleeing is basically that with the added benefit of Genn yelling at clouds.

    The fact that Bolvar's speech is 100% content-free platitudes because of Sylvanas's incomprehensible characterization is also great and so is him hailing Acherus like a taxi.

    Amazing, would watch again and have already done so.
    Sad part is they mean for us to take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  13. #1633
    Any idea when can we expect the cutscene with Tyrande killing Nathanos?

  14. #1634
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sad part is they mean for us to take it seriously.
    I feel kind of careful about praising it because when we all laughed about how in the beta the Jailor punted Baine off a cliff and threw him out because he wasn't even worth torturing they backtracked. If I praise this level of cheese and B-movie tier scenes will they go back to overwrought melodrama to spite me?

    I jinxed it with those Saurfang cinematics, man, I'm just not sure anymore.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  15. #1635
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Any idea when can we expect the cutscene with Tyrande killing Nathanos?
    i hope we see it in next few days.

    Nathanos will appears as WQ in prepatch. but in Week 1 or Week 2 idk.

  16. #1636
    So what was that? Some strange Valkyrs are coming out of the clouds abducting Powerhouses with unbeatable shadow chains now? Then why is the player character able to destroy them in masses without these chains working? What's with this shitty plot armor with Light/Magic/Elements working when it feels like it?

  17. #1637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    So what was that? Some strange Valkyrs are coming out of the clouds abducting Powerhouses with unbeatable shadow chains now? Then why is the player character able to destroy them in masses without these chains working? What's with this shitty plot armor with Light/Magic/Elements working when it feels like it?
    How the fuck are you shocked now. Where were you for the entire existence of WoW.

  18. #1638
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The way Anduin was abducted was absolutely fucking hilarious. I took the piss out of Sylvanas loyalists nabbing them away in bags like bank robbers, but two dudes popping out of the clouds, snapping him up and fleeing is basically that with the added benefit of Genn yelling at clouds.
    the fact that people are defending this as some sort of good writing is so amusing, literally 2 random mobs fishing powerful mortals like they are garbage in the river, while they don't do fucking anything about, "but the chains silence then" yeah fuck no, enough of this plot convenience garbage, i had enough with the very special fel poison taht only one mob had it.

    I mean if it was at least 20 and they fought they way trough i would keep my mouth shut, but this is too much.

    Genn yelling at the clouds was so pathetic that give me physical cringe, he was with his raised fists like a grumpy old guy, literally the only thing it came to my mind was that Harry Potter scene when his aunt is flying as a balloon and his uncle is yelling at her.

    The fact that Bolvar's speech is 100% content-free platitudes because of Sylvanas's incomprehensible characterization is also great and so is him hailing Acherus like a taxi..
    Bolvar 100% knew sylvanas was going after him and proceed to stay completely defenseless with the exception of some shit tier zombies lying around, "fuck his 4 horseman or even any other decent DK, i can take her with just those zombies" and they want me to follow this fella into the shadowlands

  19. #1639
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How the fuck are you shocked now. Where were you for the entire existence of WoW.
    Every single villain was more believable having powers that were built over time and being an actual threat. Danuser is trying really hard to make this new villain believable by nerfing the hero opposition a lot and that isn't needed. It's so convenient that the heroes were abducted in the middle of the city where there should be guards around and of course Light/Magic/Elements decided to not work while the Playable Character will slaughter these Valkyr like beings by the millions while these chains will be useless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the fact that people are defending this as some sort of good writing is so amusing, literally 2 random mobs fishing powerful mortals like they are garbage in the river, while they don't do fucking anything about, "but the chains silence then" yeah fuck no, enough of this plot convenience garbage, i had enough with the very special fel poison taht only one mob had it.

    I mean if it was at least 20 and they fought they way trough i would keep my mouth shut, but this is too much.

    Genn yelling at the clouds was so pathetic that give me physical cringe, he was with his raised fists like a grumpy old guy, literally the only thing it came to my mind was that Harry Potter scene when his aunt is flying as a balloon and his uncle is yelling at her.



    Bolvar 100% knew sylvanas was going after him and proceed to stay completely defenseless with the exception of some shit tier zombies lying around, "fuck his 4 horseman or even any other decent DK, i can take her with just those zombies" and they want me to follow this fella into the shadowlands
    I agree 100% in all of this. This is the shittiest most convenient plot in order to make the shittiest villain ever somehow interesting.

  20. #1640
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Every single villain was more believable having powers that were built over time and being an actual threat. Danuser is trying really hard to make this new villain believable by nerfing the hero opposition a lot and that isn't needed. It's so convenient that the heroes were abducted in the middle of the city where there should be guards around and of course Light/Magic/Elements decided to not work while the Playable Character will slaughter these Valkyr like beings by the millions while these chains will be useless.
    Well you defended the writing in the past, you deserve this.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-14 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •