Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The way Anduin was abducted was absolutely fucking hilarious. I took the piss out of Sylvanas loyalists nabbing them away in bags like bank robbers, but two dudes popping out of the clouds, snapping him up and fleeing is basically that with the added benefit of Genn yelling at clouds.
    the fact that people are defending this as some sort of good writing is so amusing, literally 2 random mobs fishing powerful mortals like they are garbage in the river, while they don't do fucking anything about, "but the chains silence then" yeah fuck no, enough of this plot convenience garbage, i had enough with the very special fel poison taht only one mob had it.

I mean if it was at least 20 and they fought they way trough i would keep my mouth shut, but this is too much.

Genn yelling at the clouds was so pathetic that give me physical cringe, he was with his raised fists like a grumpy old guy, literally the only thing it came to my mind was that Harry Potter scene when his aunt is flying as a balloon and his uncle is yelling at her.

The fact that Bolvar's speech is 100% content-free platitudes because of Sylvanas's incomprehensible characterization is also great and so is him hailing Acherus like a taxi..
    Bolvar 100% knew sylvanas was going after him and proceed to stay completely defenseless with the exception of some shit tier zombies lying around, "fuck his 4 horseman or even any other decent DK, i can take her with just those zombies" and they want me to follow this fella into the shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How the fuck are you shocked now. Where were you for the entire existence of WoW.
    Every single villain was more believable having powers that were built over time and being an actual threat. Danuser is trying really hard to make this new villain believable by nerfing the hero opposition a lot and that isn't needed. It's so convenient that the heroes were abducted in the middle of the city where there should be guards around and of course Light/Magic/Elements decided to not work while the Playable Character will slaughter these Valkyr like beings by the millions while these chains will be useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the fact that people are defending this as some sort of good writing is so amusing, literally 2 random mobs fishing powerful mortals like they are garbage in the river, while they don't do fucking anything about, "but the chains silence then" yeah fuck no, enough of this plot convenience garbage, i had enough with the very special fel poison taht only one mob had it.

I mean if it was at least 20 and they fought they way trough i would keep my mouth shut, but this is too much.

Genn yelling at the clouds was so pathetic that give me physical cringe, he was with his raised fists like a grumpy old guy, literally the only thing it came to my mind was that Harry Potter scene when his aunt is flying as a balloon and his uncle is yelling at her.

Bolvar 100% knew sylvanas was going after him and proceed to stay completely defenseless with the exception of some shit tier zombies lying around, "fuck his 4 horseman or even any other decent DK, i can take her with just those zombies" and they want me to follow this fella into the shadowlands
    I agree 100% in all of this. This is the shittiest most convenient plot in order to make the shittiest villain ever somehow interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Every single villain was more believable having powers that were built over time and being an actual threat. Danuser is trying really hard to make this new villain believable by nerfing the hero opposition a lot and that isn't needed. It's so convenient that the heroes were abducted in the middle of the city where there should be guards around and of course Light/Magic/Elements decided to not work while the Playable Character will slaughter these Valkyr like beings by the millions while these chains will be useless.
    Well you defended the writing in the past, you deserve this.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-14 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well you defended the writing in the past, you deserve this.
    The writing in the past was much more believable that this shit.

The writing in the past was much more believable that this shit.
    Only because it was convenient for you. This garbage has existed for a long time, its only recently that writers like to put it under a spotlight since they love sniffing their own farts.

I disagree. Arthas was more believable. You could feel him everywhere. He always had the upper hand. Deathwing was more believable. He caused a Cataclysm by sneezing. The Legion came with an armada of battleships and millions of demons. Then you have Sylvannas bringing Valkyr like creatures that any of these powerhouse heroes can kill by the dozens. Suddenly Magical Unbeatable Shadow Chains bind them, Elements/Magic/Light doesn't work, Guards in the middle of the city conveniently absent. Powerhouses abducted like Garbage.

10+ Year Old Account

Just wait till the pre-patch event where Shaw reveals he was supposed to order guards around to protect Anduin but was too preoccupied with messing about to remember to do that then seconds later say "No I deserve to give myself some time to mess around, Anduin would understand".

The king was taken on my watch. I should've had more agents assigned to him. This is what happens when I let my guard down. When I allow my--
    <Shaw takes a deep breath.>
    No, damn it. This was her doing. I won't blame myself for finding happiness. Anduin would be the first to tell me that.
    We're going to find him. The others, too. Whatever it takes.
    Also agree with the ridiculousness that Bolvar is spouting and he expects us to support him in Systemlands? Especially when the cinematic suggests he knew all along that the helm could be used to open a reality tearing portal at any time but didn't try to hide away or do anything to mitigate that happening. After all it's never been stated that the Lich King has to stay in Northrend and get punked by a Banshee an unspecified number of years later.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I disagree. Arthas was more believable. You could feel him everywhere. He always had the upper hand. Deathwing was more believable. He caused a Cataclysm by sneezing. The Legion came with an armada of battleships and millions of demons. Then you have Sylvannas bringing Valkyr like creatures that any of these powerhouse heroes can kill by the dozens. Suddenly Magical Unbeatable Shadow Chains bind them, Elements/Magic/Light doesn't work, Guards in the middle of the city conveniently absent. Powerhouses abducted like Garbage.
    Not much you can do against a flying enemy that materializes basically out of nowhere, catches you out in the open, and can hurl animated magic-dampening/nullifying chains around you in a matter a seconds and then haul you off with them. Doesn't seem to work on Tyrande, though; as she's later shown to have defeated the Mawsworn Val'kyr that tried to abduct her and shrugged off the chains in the process. In the intro scenario in the Beta the Mawsworn seem to be a hard-counter for the various leaders as well - with them escaping and being caught over and over during the time differential.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sorry Aucald. It's just too convenient for me to take it seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not much you can do against a flying enemy that materializes basically out of nowhere, catches you out in the open, and can hurl animated magic-dampening/nullifying chains around you in a matter a seconds and then haul you off with them
    there is lots of things you can do about it, they aren't invisible neither they materialized out of nowhere, they literally came from the clouds after some weird shit darkening the skies

the op chains of plot convenient that negate anything, but you can broke then later, is literally bullshit, it was not believable even if they were alone, and mot of then weren't, like dear god, Isn't gra a damn shaman, why she could do something

those dumb down to fit the narrative are sad

Does anyone know if those Mawsworn angels tried to abduct Alleria and/or Vereesa as well? I imagine Sylvanas, in her insanity, would love to torture her sisters in the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    there is lots of things you can do about it, they aren't invisible neither they materialized out of nowhere, they literally came from the clouds after some weird shit darkening the skies

the op chains of plot convenient that negate anything, but you can broke then later, is literally bullshit, it was not believable even if they were alone, and mot of then weren't, like dear god, Isn't gra a damn shaman, why she could do something

those dumb down to fit the narrative are sad
    They swoop down out of low cloud cover and ensnare Anduin in a matter of seconds, he has only enough time to pull his sword free before he's wrapped up and hauled off - they don't even properly land, they just ensnare him and pull him up.

As for the chains themselves, sure, they pretty plot-convenient - but we also knew about them well ahead of time, due to Sylvanas' fight with Bolvar during which she used them to great effect to ensnare Bolvar, weaken him, and ultimately remove the Helm of Domination. So yeah, they're definitely engineered to enable the Mawsworn to take down high-value and dangerous targets like the faction leaders.

It's not really a matter of being dumbed down or anything, they were caught in the open, by surprise, and flat-footed to boot. There wasn't time for anyone to really do much, from unsheathing a weapon to uttering a spell. It was a precision attack.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

@Aucald
    People have already pointed out what's wrong, not the least of which is no capital city doesn't have air patrols. Just like everything that was ignored to allow BfA to work, they're once again merrily ignoring the rules of their own setting for their next plot. People have no problem with suspension of disbelief (before you use one of your favorite charges that obviously the critics are the problem), since we accept magic and dragons, they have a problem with rules being established then thrown out the fucking window the minute they're deemed inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    People have already pointed out what's wrong, not the least of which is no capital city doesn't have air patrols. Just like everything that was ignored to allow BfA to work, they're once again merrily ignoring the rules of their own setting for their next plot. People have no problem with suspension of disbelief (before you use one of your favorite charges that obviously the critics are the problem), since we accept magic and dragons, they have a problem with rules being established then thrown out the fucking window the minute they're deemed inconvenient.
    Neither Stormwind nor Orgrimmar's air patrols are anything I'd call foolproof or impossible to evade - especially in light that there's already a precedent for that as well (e.g. the Stormwind Extraction). I think criticism is fine, as I said it is somewhat plot convenient, but it's not really beyond the pale either. Not to the level I'd call it any kind of breaking point for WoW in the general sense, nor in any sense that really justifies the level of criticism I've seen levied at it. I'm also not sure of any kind of established "rule" being thrown out the window, either - they just bided their time for an opportune moment to strike, and a literal moment is all they apparently needed.

Someone desperately needs to insert the Goofy scream into Anduin getting yoinketh'd away. Lordy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Does anyone know if those Mawsworn angels tried to abduct Alleria and/or Vereesa as well? I imagine Sylvanas, in her insanity, would love to torture her sisters in the Maw.
    Nope like Genn and Turalyon and Talanji she also was considered unimportant enough to completely ignore.
    Yet she takes Baine...
    So I just realised something, the Mawsworn had five targets and end up only abducting 4 of them. Doesn't that throw a kink in their plans if they just ignore Tyrande after trying once?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

hopefully we see Chief Ukorz Sandscalp as a friendly npc in echo isles! sand trolls deserve their racial leader to be friendly with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Nope like Genn and Turalyon and Talanji she also was considered unimportant enough to completely ignore.
    Yet she takes Baine...
    So I just realised something, the Mawsworn had five targets and end up only abducting 4 of them. Doesn't that throw a kink in their plans if they just ignore Tyrande after trying once?
    They took out those that might actually be working for peace, at least according to Bolvar. Tyrande was a target because she interfered with Sylvanas's plans before, I guess. Talanji is not interested in peace, so she's not a target that needs converting. As soon as Bwonsamdi is out of the picture (which is still part of the plan in Shadowlands, afaik), Talanji is not important for the Jailer's plans anymore.
    And why they don't try again with Tyrande seems to be, because they only have to show her the way to Sylvanas and she goes there anyway ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They swoop down out of low cloud cover and ensnare Anduin in a matter of seconds, he has only enough time to pull his sword free before he's wrapped up and hauled off - they don't even properly land, they just ensnare him and pull him up.
    so he had time to do something ay? i can understand they kidnapping Baine even when by raw logic he should be able to break the chains with his tauren power, he prob want peace with the creatures who were taking him, but the others? they can use MAGIC, Thrall and Drakka are shamans, Anduin is almost a paladin who can use the Light to do shit tons of things, are you telling me could not force the chains to broke?

this is physical lame, like i said, if it was a swarm, like 20 or at least 10, you could say they defeated a few but were overwhelmed by their forces and lots of chains, this is nonsensical
    As for the chains themselves, sure, they pretty plot-convenient - but we also knew about them well ahead of time, due to Sylvanas' fight with Bolvar during which she used them to great effect to ensnare Bolvar, weaken him, and ultimately remove the Helm of Domination. So yeah, they're definitely engineered to enable the Mawsworn to take down high-value and dangerous targets like the faction leaders.
    they are not, i took several chain arrows to do something after bolvar wasted ton of his own power, he even break some chains with brute force, this is the same lv of shit of the fel poison being conveniently crafted only for this one plot.

It's not really a matter of being dumbed down or anything, they were caught in the open, by surprise, and flat-footed to boot. There wasn't time for anyone to really do much, from unsheathing a weapon to uttering a spell. It was a precision attack.
    the plot itself of kidnapping is already dumbed down enough, but 2 creatures fishing one of the most powerful people from the skies like they are tuna is insanely dumb they could have done something, they are powerful enough to do that, jesus, Tyrande did something, the person who blew the bridge she was in, why the others didn't? muh night warrior power? bullshit, it was lame, it should be at least a fight or a resistance from then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Yet she takes Baine...
    why she would take baine is beyond my mental grasp, i rly can't play the 657d chess like her, she is still salty even saying they are nothing?

What if Anduin wanted to be kidnapped???? hahahhaha