Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well Denathrius doesn't actually send the Jailer the stored anima of Revendreth (something he's been doing for apparently a long, long time now) until you do the Revendreth leveling quests in the zone. Finishing the Revendreth storyline actually changes the game world around Oribos, and you can see a huge massing of black/red anima that Denathrius dumps into the Maw swirling down into its black/gray portal at Oribos. From the Beta:

According to the Primus' released voice lines it seems that the Jailer, then referred to as Zovaal, was a peer the Eternal Ones like himself, the Winter Queen, and the other lords of the Covenants. According to the Primus the anima was spent forming "chains" to keep the Jailer imprisoned, and these chains apparently still do that even though he's somehow managed to pervert or other manipulate them into being able to ensnare others as well. The anima flowing into the Jailer's domain seems to strengthen him, and we're approaching a tipping point where the Jailer will eventually be able to break said chains and leave the Maw entirely (an event that is purported to herald cosmic disaster).

I assume that the Jailer/Zovaal wants vengeance on the other Eternal Ones in addition to whatever plot got him banished to the Maw to begin with. This has something to do with the mysterious and as-yet unknown Sepulcher that the Primus mentions, and also heavily involves the Arbiter.
    Yea i was referring to the ending of the quest-line in Revendreth.

When i played i had not actually realized the change by Oribos. My Son pointed it out as he was looking while i was checking the beta out lol. At first i didn't realize it but yea it changes to a more reddish color. Also gives the impression like it grew in size and like it's about to overtake Oribos. One of the more visually stunning parts of Shadowlands thus far.

Yea there's a lot back story that they are slowly peeling away. There seems to be a great history especially with Primus. Who seems to have suspected the plot long before Zovaal decided to actually put into place. Btw Runecarver or w/e his name is is probably Primus. And his memory was wiped or diminished by the Jailer to try to keep him contained and avoid any sort of meddling by him.

I think what he forged for the Jailer was the helm/frostmourne etc.... but we'll see if that pans out and with the confirmation of his identity being Primus or not.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-10-20 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Yea there's a lot back story that they are slowly peeling away. There seems to be a great history especially with Primus. Who seems to have suspected the plot long before Zovaal decided to actually put into place. Btw Runecarver or w/e his name is is probably Primus. And his memory was wiped or diminished by the Jailer to try to keep him contained and avoid any sort of meddling by him.

I think what he forged for the Jailer was the helm/frostmourne etc.... but we'll see if that pans out and with the confirmation of his identity being Primus or not.
    I've seen a lot of speculation and theories about the Runecarver, and where I was once pretty sure he was also the Primus I'm now not as sure, though it's still definitely possible. I do think the Runecarver is the one who made the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne as well, and I think in recovering his memories we'll probably get to see the truth about their creation and what they were intended for (I've got ideas but nothing really canon yet). My working theory is that the Jailer has been playing a long game, so to speak; slowly but surely putting things into place to ensure his freedom - plans that are now coming to seeming fruition. The Helm and Frostmourne have likely been part of that game, as well as engineering them to fall into the hands of the Legion. Whether or not this dovetails with the recently discovered Dreadlord missive remains to be seen, but the likelihood seems to be high.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What other player interactions are there? I know Vashj says something if you killed her on your character.
    I love stuff like this. Legion was ripe with it and I hope Shadowlands brings more. I know that Kael'thas refers to the Blood and Void Elves differently than the rest.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What other player interactions are there? I know Vashj says something if you killed her on your character.
    This is pretty cool actually. Makes the world feel more... alive I guess?

Wait, do Bwonsamdi/Mueh'zala say anything different to trolls?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've seen a lot of speculation and theories about the Runecarver, and where I was once pretty sure he was also the Primus I'm now not as sure, though it's still definitely possible. I do think the Runecarver is the one who made the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne as well, and I think in recovering his memories we'll probably get to see the truth about their creation and what they were intended for (I've got ideas but nothing really canon yet). My working theory is that the Jailer has been playing a long game, so to speak; slowly but surely putting things into place to ensure his freedom - plans that are now coming to seeming fruition. The Helm and Frostmourne have likely been part of that game, as well as engineering them to fall into the hands of the Legion. Whether or not this dovetails with the recently discovered Dreadlord missive remains to be seen, but the likelihood seems to be high.
    Yea there's been a few things like despite runecarver not having the horns/antlers his mask is very similar to the Primus statue in Maldraxxus, he also has tattered strands of clothing that can be the robes that primus has in the statue as well. He creates powerful weapons just like primus. And since Primus has been pressumed dead or missing for so long it would make sense that in a locked chamber within torghast would be a spot most people wouldn't find. But, someone noted that his voice is quite different than what we hear from Primus and if the statue is any sort of worthiness to the actual Primus, he is shown to have 4 fingers rather than the 5 on Runecarver. I think there's other objections but i don't recall atm. I mean i don't know for sure either or for but im leaning on him being Primus until more clues are presented.

So I was casually rewatching the intro quest on yt and when Genn was talking about Bolvar to Talia it suddenly struck me. How does he know all that? Why does he know what happened atop the Ice Crown, was he there? Wasn't he behind the Greymane wall when WOTLK was taking place? Pardon my ignorance, I'm not well-versed in Alliance questlines, let alone Worgen ones.

Or is it a case of a sliding timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    So I was casually rewatching the intro quest on yt and when Genn was talking about Bolvar to Talia it suddenly struck me. How does he know all that? Why does he know what happened atop the Ice Crown, was he there? Wasn't he behind the Greymane wall when WOTLK was taking place? Pardon my ignorance, I'm not well-versed in Alliance questlines, let alone Worgen ones.
    https://youtu.be/hw8zr56RxyY?t=353

Genn's been high up in the Alliance command structure since Cata, it's highly probable he's been made privy to most of the Alliance's state secrets in the meanwhile - especially in light of his relative closeness to Anduin as friend and advisor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Tirion Fordring told Genn. He says it there in 5:44-5:49.

"Tirion Fordring, swore to keep Bolvar's choice a secret. He made us take the same vow."

He being Tirion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion Fordring told Genn. He says it there in 5:44-5:49.

"Tirion Fordring, swore to keep Bolvar's choice a secret. He made us take the same vow."

He being Tirion.
    I think the issue is that Genn and his people didn't join the Alliance until quite some time after the Lich King was deposed and replaced because Tirion made the people at ICC take the Vow. The funny thing is that this suggests he broke his own vow much later to pull Genn aside and go "psst guess what? There's another Lich King and he's this guy called Fordragon and you need to know this for a future event where you can explain to his daughter that doesn't exist yet how Shaw messed up... again.".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I think the issue is that Genn and his people didn't join the Alliance until quite some time after the Lich King was deposed and replaced because Tirion made the people at ICC take the Vow. The funny thing is that this suggests he broke his own vow much later to pull Genn aside and go "psst guess what? There's another Lich King and he's this guy called Fordragon and you need to know this for a future event where you can explain to his daughter that doesn't exist yet how Shaw messed up... again.".
    Well that kinda changes the question a bit. But to address your concern, remember that Bolvar became quite active prior to the events of Legion. Long before this Genn was part of the alliance at this point. So given Tirion's presence at the Broken shore, stands to reason that the convo which made Tirion tell Genn was something along the lines of Genn hearing reports of the lich king being in contact with the the death knights and or any rumors of him being active.

Then you have Genn wondering if they should deal with the lich king where by Tirion then brings up the relevant info necessary to calm Genn's fears. Again i know the timing is weird but Tirion giving that info makes sense given the events of Legion. Also Tirion knew who Bolvar was prior to his convo with Tirion. So its not like that info would be irrelevant since he knows what kind of man Bolvar was.

Queen <3 <3 <3 I appreciate them relasing a story trailer. Looking forward to all those cinematics!

Queen <3 <3 <3 I appreciate them relasing a story trailer. Looking forward to all those cinematics!
    Yea lol. I do wonder if they'll post the hidden cinematics into the beta now. Cause most them i can fit them in the ones missing in the beta. They may get datamined soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea lol. I do wonder if they'll post the hidden cinematics into the beta now. Cause most them i can fit them in the ones missing in the beta. They may get datamined soon.
    They won't.

Friendly reminder that they encrypt their cinematics.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They won't.

Friendly reminder that they encrypt their cinematics.
    So how did they datamined all of bfa?

7+ Year Old Account
    So how did they datamined all of bfa?
    They didn't?

No one got to watch them until someone triggered them in-game.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They didn't?

No one got to watch them until someone triggered them in-game.
    This was datamined from the shadowlands pre-patch. Not triggered from the game. Wowhead, after blizz released the clip, they changed the link and linked it to the official one.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318510/...matic-spoilers
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-10-29 at 07:01 PM.

Giant grey cardboard : "Nothing escape the Maw !"

*The player go in and out of the Maw as he fucking please*

Giant grey cardboard :Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Giant grey cardboard : "Nothing escape the Maw !"

*The player go in and out of the Maw as he fucking please*

Giant grey cardboard :Oh dear...
    It's pretty funny, and we've been ubering people out of the maw as well. From members of Revendreth to faction leaders, to Kyrians ... Just weakens that idea of inescapability lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    To be fair, Bolvar tells them not to speak of what transpired at the frozen throne and the first thing Fordring does is to build a monument that shows exactly what happened so he didnt really keep to the vow.