Page 1 of 127
... LastLast

Exclamation SPOILERS: Shadowlands Lore Thread

A place for all the new info for lore that comes out of Beta for Shadowlands.

I'll start with some stuff that popped up thanks to Portergauge on the Wowhead discord.

Twas brillig

3+ Year Old Account
    An arrangement? Uhh what? I'm confused

Oh his 'death?'

Please don't tell me it was a Marriage :s
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-23 at 02:24 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    An arrangement? Uhh what? I'm confused

Oh his 'death?'

Please don't tell me it was a Marriage :s
    Bwom probably just doesn't want it getting around he used to be mortal (Voljins book confirmed whatever mortal race he was, he predated trolls)
    Twas brillig

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Bwom probably just doesn't want it getting around he used to be mortal (Voljins book confirmed whatever mortal race he was, he predated trolls)
    He well... did lie to Zekhan about Saurfang right?

(Damn it he's almost as bad at me when it comes to lying lol)

True, Zappy Boi needed some motivation!

...but I think this is different. He's probably whatever trolls evolved from
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not sure if it's common knowledge or not, but Build #35256's encounter journal appears to show the fate and role of Kael'thas in the Castle Nathria raid:
    Kael'thas starts in a weakened state, and needs assistance to bring him back to full strength. However, Sire Denathrius's forces continue to pour in, determined to stop your attempts at redeem Kael'thas's soul. As Kael'thas is being redeemed, hostile shades of his power manifest and attack the players.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account

Apparently yes, he did. But it seems to have been more of a comforting lie, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    So bwosandi was indeed a mortal troll who raise to become a loa, not surprised by kinda disappointing, wish sen'jin appeared here somehow to further explain all of this.

So without muezala(i mean with his dead) Bwosandi take over his domain, power and portfolio?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-07-23 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    So bwosandi was indeed a mortal troll who raise to become a loa, not surprised by kinda disappointing, wish sen'jin appeared here somehow to further explain all of this.

So without muezala Bwosandi take over his domain, power and portfolio?
    "De Other Side" has Bwom bind Mueh'zala, so he's not 'gone' but Bwom's now in charge of HIM.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    "De Other Side" has Bwom bind Mueh'zala, so he's not 'gone' but Bwom's now in charge of HIM.
    then they change places basically, but does Bwom get stronger taking mueh'zala power?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what kind of arrangement they did. Mueh'zala is still a loa of death just for one tribe

Seems kinda... you know. Random
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2020-07-23 at 04:33 AM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wonder what kind of arrangement they did. Mueh'zala is still a loa of death just for one tribe

Seems kinda... you know. Random
    Maybe Mueh'zala wanted Bwonsamdi to keep his former mortality a secret?

Another fine example of ruining things by removing the mystery with a boring explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

A place for all the new info for lore that comes out of Beta for Shadowlands.

I'll start with some stuff that popped up thanks to Portergauge on the Wowhead discord.

I would guess that the "arrangement" is related to the Blood Plague in Zandalar. Maybe Bwonsamdi started it for Mueh'zala (and Hakkar)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Apparently yes, he did. But it seems to have been more of a comforting lie, anyway.
    Wait it was a lie? How do we know this?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I would guess that the "arrangement" is related to the Blood Plague in Zandalar. Maybe Bwonsamdi started it for Mueh'zala (and Hakkar)?
    Maybe he asked Hakkar to do it? Ooor made a deal with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Doubtful, Bwom's implied to far predate that, and he's never been shown to have disease based powers.
    Twas brillig

Can't say I like it. I preferred there being different competing loa of death, rather than subordinate ones, and given that Bwon previously been said to predate the troll race and every priest of his we meet, even ones ages dead know him as such it feels like too much humanization.

I agree with @Feanoro - I don't think we should've known Bwon's backstory. He could spin a yarn about it or several, but they shouldn't match up. I do think that Bwon's popularity bit him in the ass a bit, since the sort of morbid, threatening vibe he has going has been reduced to surface fare. He's still not bad, but I feel like they missed the mark.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Can't say I like it. I preferred there being different competing loa of death, rather than subordinate ones, and given that Bwon previously been said to predate the troll race and every priest of his we meet, even ones ages dead know him as such it feels like too much humanization.
    100% agree

I personally dislike how Blizzard seems adamant in trying to 'humanize' everything.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    100% agree

I personally dislike how Blizzard seems adamant in trying to 'humanize' everything.
    Considering that Loas don't die, especially one that is the Loa of Death and is working for the Jailer, it was a good choice by Bwonsamdi.